MLB 2023 MLB Season

And 2 of the 3 losses were Sandy starts. Last few years they'd go 3-10 in a 13-game stretch and the 3 wins would be games he started. Hopefully the week or 2 off will get him right.
Yeah, he’s been dealing with bicep tendinitis in his arm & it’s affecting his locating & overall velocity.

I think we’ll end up putting him on the 10-day IL until he heals up all the way.

We should be bringing Eury Perez up soon, he pitched well at Pensacola going 5IP 2H 0R 1BB & 5K’s in his last outing.

Advertisement

O’s been hot recently; they rallied down 4-1 to Red Sox & got the comeback W.

Advertisement
They look absolutely terrible. I've been a CWS fan most of my life, but recently it pains me to watch that abomination.
Luis Robert Jr is hitting with good power but his On-Base % is pretty bad right now.

& other than Cease, that pitching staff is in absolute shambles. They have a high walk-rate & 4 out 5 of their starters have given up double digit runs on the season. They’re putting a lot of guys on Base.

Luis Robert Jr is hitting with good power but his On-Base % is pretty bad right now.

& other than Cease, that pitching staff is in absolute shambles. They have a high walk-rate & 4 out 5 of their starters have given up double digit runs on the season. They’re putting a lot of guys on Base.
Not sure if you saw highlights of the first two games against Tampa but the Sox should have at least came out with one of those. Then they came back game two and couldn't score in extras which is inexcusable for any team not to get at least one run with the extra innings rules.

Not sure if you saw highlights of the first two games against Tampa but the Sox should have at least came out with one of those. Then they came back game two and couldn't score in extras which is inexcusable for any team not to get at least one run with the extra innings rules.
I did, that's a tough way to lose and they couldn't bounce back. Their bats are incredible with Jiminez, Roberts, Vaughn, Anderson, Benintendi...but ****, the pitching is atrocious.

Advertisement
Yeah the first 2 games were close...

But they got shellacked by the Giants early in the season & the Jays just RBI’d them outta Toronto.

Yeah the first 2 games were close...

But they got shellacked by the Giants early in the season & the Jays just RBI’d them outta Toronto.
Would have loved for the Sox to take 2 of 3 from Toronto. Toronto and the Yankees are the two teams I'm worried about in the east.

Advertisement
If the White Sox wanna trade Luis Robert, Colson Montgomery or Ryan Burrowes we’ll (Marlins) gladly take them lol
I'd love another outfield bat. Rays have some prospects mainly middle infielders they would give up. There will be a log jam there in a couple of years.

Even after losing the young phenom O’Neil Cruz, the Pirates are still holding strong.

Their pitching staff has been surprisingly good this season.

Both the NFL & MLB have been attempting to tap into the Mexico City market for several years now.

The NFL has had games in Estadio Azteca for years now. Mexico City is actually one of the safest cities in Mexico due to heavy presence of Fuerzas Especiales & Cuerpo de Infanteria de Marina. Hidalgo doesn’t really have as much Cartel violence like Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Durango, Sinaloa & Jalisco do. The majority of the Cartel Wars are over the border territories, but even down in the Southwest it’s mainly in the outskirts in small town areas. I lived in San Andres Cholula down in Puebla for a year when I went to UDLAP & it really wasn’t that bad, as long as you steered clear of the Jalisco Pandilleros in the West you really didn’t have anything to worry about.

But I agree, there’s always the potential threat of extortion that could take place, although most of the players in Liga Mexicana de Beisbol don’t really deal with any of those issues. For the most part, the Cartels leave the Baseball & Soccer players alone.

The only other markets I could see get another team besides Las Vegas would be New Orleans or Charlotte.

But I wonder if the Astros & Braves would be upset about having to split that market, because most of fans in those areas root for one of those 2 teams.
Charlotte would be a huge mistake IMO. We love our baseball here in NC, but there’s not a big enough market for it. They’d have to make it like a CPL or minor league environment, which are huge all over the state, with great attendance. But nobody is gonna fork over $200 for a ticket. They’ll stick to $10 on dollar hot dog and beer night.

Advertisement
Charlotte would be a huge mistake IMO. We love our baseball here in NC, but there’s not a big enough market for it. They’d have to make it like a CPL or minor league environment, which are huge all over the state, with great attendance. But nobody is gonna fork over $200 for a ticket. They’ll stick to $10 on dollar hot dog and beer night.
Wow I didn’t realize that.

I thought Charlotte was a pretty big city market & with the Panthers/Hornets could sustain another professional team.

If they decided to add 2 more expansion teams, most places don’t really make too much sense aside from maybe New Orleans or Salt Lake. I’m not sure about Portland, that seems to be a Mariner dominated market up there. Jacksonville might make sense looking at it in terms of demographics, it’s a huge burgeoning market with a large populace, but I would imagine with the difficulties the Jags have had over the years the MLB might not wanna risk it.

IMO Mexico City makes the most sense from a financial standpoint, the travel might be a little arduous, but it’s relatively similar to Seattle going to Miami, or the NY teams going to San Diego, long road trips are long road trips lol.

Wow I didn’t realize that.

I thought Charlotte was a pretty big city market & with the Panthers/Hornets could sustain another professional team.

If they decided to add 2 more expansion teams, most places don’t really make too much sense aside from maybe New Orleans or Salt Lake. I’m not sure about Portland, that seems to be a Mariner dominated market up there. Jacksonville might make sense looking at it in terms of demographics, it’s a huge burgeoning market with a large populace, but I would imagine with the difficulties the Jags have had over the years the MLB might not wanna risk it.

IMO Mexico City makes the most sense from a financial standpoint, the travel might be a little arduous, but it’s relatively similar to Seattle going to Miami, or the NY teams going to San Diego, long road trips are long road trips lol.
In NC the older baseball people love the Orioles. Granted the fandom has taken a hit since Ripken retired and the team is garbage, but a ton of them are still holding on. The younger ones love the Braves and as good as they’ve been, the fan base is growing. The northerners that move to Charlotte and the triangle like their home teams.

I just can’t see Charlotte supporting a team enough to make it worth it. It’s just not popular as other sports and you can’t afford to take a family to a game anymore. You’ll never tap into the local minor league fan bases. They show up bc it’s cheap and it’s local.

There’s also not a place to build a stadium in the city. The Knights stadium is beautiful, but I can’t see there being enough room to expand it, not for outfield bleachers. And that’s how you tap into the 25-40 year old market there. They wanna go to bars and walk over to the stadium. It’s an experience thing. The Hornets experiment has failed. Not only are they terrible, but the arena is rated one of the lowest, if not the lowest in cleanliness for concessions. Do not eat there. For the most part the Panthers have failed as well, but it’s football so you’ll always have a decent fan base just bc. And most of the time, there are more opposing fans than home ones.

Vegas was the easy one. My bet would be on Nashville for another. Like you said Portland isn’t a baseball city. Idk enough about Mexico City but I bet it would be a fun destination. Baseball is huge down there. Jacksonville would be interesting. Everything points to it working, but if you suck it’s likely to be another Marlins situation.

Advertisement
Back