MLB 2023 MLB Season

Advertisement
Dodgers are having a down year. But they continue to churn out gems left and right

Their Farm Club is loaded with talent too with prospects like Diego Cartaya, Michael Busch, Bobby Miller, James Outman, Rayne Doncon etc..

It’ll be interesting to see if they become buyers by the Trade deadline & decide to deal some of those prospects.

But it’s still pretty early right now, they’re still 2nd in the NL West & Arizona doesn’t really have the pitching to stave them off in the long term, plus San Diego will be getting Tatis back pretty soon.

About time Vegas gets an MLB team. Good for them, I will definitely have to head out there for a game or two when the Rays play there.

It’s about time...

For as much of a storied franchise the A’s used to be they’ve been hemorrhaging in money because is attendance in way down. & It’s not the A’s fans fault, it’s Billy Beane’s fault. Money ball has basically made it impossible for the fans to connect with any of the major players for the A’s because anytime one of their guys actually emerges & starts playing well they either get traded or go elsewhere to get paid because A’s ownership is always dirt cheap.

They should move the A’s to LV & create an expansion team in Mexico City.

Advertisement
MLB likely to expand soon by two more teams, in addition to the Oakland to Vegas move. Favorites for expansion are Nashville and Portland.

It’s about time...

For as much of a storied franchise the A’s used to be they’ve been hemorrhaging in money because is attendance in way down. & It’s not the A’s fans fault, it’s Billy Beane’s fault. Money ball has basically made it impossible for the fans to connect with any of the major players for the A’s because anytime one of their guys actually emerges & starts playing well they either get traded or go elsewhere to get paid because A’s ownership is always dirt cheap.

They should move the A’s to LV & create an expansion team in Mexico City.

LV now has the Raiders, Knights, and A's. They are just missing a basketball team now.

I am not sure if the MLB would expand to Mexico City. On paper, it makes sense, but between politics, cartels, and players having to live there (they may not want to), I think it makes it difficult. My girl is from Mexico, so it would be dope to go to a game when we visit.

Cuba almost had an MLB once upon a time. There were talks of it, at least. We had the AAA sugar canes. Shame all went down the way it did. The University of Havan had its own football team too. Hopefully, pro sports will expand to Latin America.

If I were to guess for expansion, I would say Nashville, Salt Lake, Montreal, and Charlotte/Portland. I would love to watch an Expos game in Canada and see the fish play them again.

We need Tampa to get their stadium already so the expansion can happen. That organization deserves it, too. They have been competitive for a long time.

LV now has the Raiders, Knights, and A's. They are just missing a basketball team now.

I am not sure if the MLB would expand to Mexico City. On paper, it makes sense, but between politics, cartels, and players having to live there (they may not want to), I think it makes it difficult. My girl is from Mexico, so it would be dope to go to a game when we visit.

Cuba almost had an MLB once upon a time. There were talks of it, at least. We had the AAA sugar canes. Shame all went down the way it did. The University of Havan had its own football team too. Hopefully, pro sports will expand to Latin America.

If I were to guess for expansion, I would say Nashville, Salt Lake, Montreal, and Charlotte/Portland. I would love to watch an Expos game in Canada and see the fish play them again.

We need Tampa to get their stadium already so the expansion can happen. That organization deserves it, too. They have been competitive for a long time.
Both the NFL & MLB have been attempting to tap into the Mexico City market for several years now.

The NFL has had games in Estadio Azteca for years now. Mexico City is actually one of the safest cities in Mexico due to heavy presence of Fuerzas Especiales & Cuerpo de Infanteria de Marina. Hidalgo doesn’t really have as much Cartel violence like Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Durango, Sinaloa & Jalisco do. The majority of the Cartel Wars are over the border territories, but even down in the Southwest it’s mainly in the outskirts in small town areas. I lived in San Andres Cholula down in Puebla for a year when I went to UDLAP & it really wasn’t that bad, as long as you steered clear of the Jalisco Pandilleros in the West you really didn’t have anything to worry about.

But I agree, there’s always the potential threat of extortion that could take place, although most of the players in Liga Mexicana de Beisbol don’t really deal with any of those issues. For the most part, the Cartels leave the Baseball & Soccer players alone.

The only other markets I could see get another team besides Las Vegas would be New Orleans or Charlotte.

But I wonder if the Astros & Braves would be upset about having to split that market, because most of fans in those areas root for one of those 2 teams.

Advertisement

Mex City -- At 7350 feet altitude, balls would fly out of there like crazy.

Advertisement
Both the NFL & MLB have been attempting to tap into the Mexico City market for several years now.

The NFL has had games in Estadio Azteca for years now. Mexico City is actually one of the safest cities in Mexico due to heavy presence of Fuerzas Especiales & Cuerpo de Infanteria de Marina. Hidalgo doesn’t really have as much Cartel violence like Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Durango, Sinaloa & Jalisco do. The majority of the Cartel Wars are over the border territories, but even down in the Southwest it’s mainly in the outskirts in small town areas. I lived in San Andres Cholula down in Puebla for a year when I went to UDLAP & it really wasn’t that bad, as long as you steered clear of the Jalisco Pandilleros in the West you really didn’t have anything to worry about.

But I agree, there’s always the potential threat of extortion that could take place, although most of the players in Liga Mexicana de Beisbol don’t really deal with any of those issues. For the most part, the Cartels leave the Baseball & Soccer players alone.

The only other markets I could see get another team besides Las Vegas would be New Orleans or Charlotte.

But I wonder if the Astros & Braves would be upset about having to split that market, because most of fans in those areas root for one of those 2 teams.

They probably will get mad, but it's best for baseball.

I thought MLB could do four more expansion teams, but two may be the magic number. Remove one team from each division and create a new one to make the divisions of four. It can help create new rivalries and draw more fan fans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back