2023 2023 LB/RB Jayvant Brown

Mcarthur now has a good baseball program again as well. They went to states 2 years back. Beat St Thomas Aquinas. Being coached by former Mcarthur alum and MLB player Odibe Mcdowell
Like the old Texas Ranger? He was one of my favorite players for his name alone

Advertisement
It just ain’t the same, I think local high school football fans don’t like it, but thats irrelevant

Speaking oh Hollywood schools, even Hollywood Hills had their share of ballers in the mid 2000s time frame…most notably Jabaal Sheard and Chris Anderson (he eventually hit the portal as a senior I think). Also an OL that made it the NFL.

****, Flanagan pre-bush had a few D1 guys, and that was the worst team in south Broward for a decade probably

BA used to pump them out. The list goes on. Any given game in the county featured D1 players on both teams it seemed. I feel old.
How do you mention Hollywood Hills an not mention the bahamian assassin Thurston Armbrister..also played in the league.

Im biased because i played at Mcarthur but we were the top dog for the city of Hollywood in that early 2000 era. ...and thats including Chaminade who were essentilly our jv then.

There was and still is soooo much talent in Hollywood/P.Pines area...its where all of the talent in south broward is. There were maybe 5-10 nfl guys to come out of the city in my era and countless div 1 guys. Thats alot in a 4year span.

My family is from Liberia. They have some ballers up in Hollywood. Crazy how Hills is in a slump though

My family is from Liberia. They have some ballers up in Hollywood. Crazy how Hills is in a slump though
If you're really about something in Dania or Liberia, Damien at Chaminade which is right up the street from Hills is prolly gonna be on Line 1. Gotta be tough to build a program at Hills with multiple good and great programs so close by.

Advertisement
This how it was when i was in high school right after you @Coach Macho .

WESTERN, COOPER CITY, DOUGLAS ....NEVER HAD SKILLS...but were a tough out because they were usually tough in the trenches....like really tough.
Dillard has ALWAYS been the best DL producing high school in the county forwhatever reason and that was their identity still seems to be a bit. But they kind of ran a spread system and had an identity.

Dillard, Miramar,Deerfield, Plantation, and a Hollywood school fluctuating between Mcarthur/Hallandale/South Broward would all be good teams. Ely would be respectable as well. The crazy part is all the schools listed have seen a resurgence recently. Miramar has pretty much stayed the course and has been the best public school overall in my opinion with deerfield right there with em.

Miramar really is only missing there typical one or two more elite skills that they receive because their coaches get poached and have started taking kids else where.But they are still a tough out and still produce 3-6 div 1 kids yearly just not elite power 5 as usual. For example the best or fastest back in Broward County is in Miramar that ive seen...he committed to Western Carolina. Kid is small but i dont think ive seen anything close to his speed.
With Man running South Broward now hopefully he can get them going. Just like Hills, it's tough with Chaminade (and Hallandale when they're on) so close by. They had a pretty good year this year. And then that Avant Garde school nearby is tryna build a program and might throw a wrench in those plans too, but we'll see.

Yup.
I liked coaching that kid. Easy to coach. First year fullt ime off the ball backer and he did real well.
If not for the transfer portal and ncaa mess up he was one of the kids just like your db and cargill palm beach gardens who should be going group of 5 or fcs at worst and its this far and they hve NOTHING.

I was working for the Bethune offer hard as ****. Still trying to get him somewhere man. @Coach Macho @JayCane20
It's crazy. I got a CB out there lockin' **** up. Everybody's like "Coach, where's he goin?!"

Nowhere. SMH

This how it was when i was in high school right after you @Coach Macho .

WESTERN, COOPER CITY, DOUGLAS ....NEVER HAD SKILLS...but were a tough out because they were usually tough in the trenches....like really tough.
Dillard has ALWAYS been the best DL producing high school in the county forwhatever reason and that was their identity still seems to be a bit. But they kind of ran a spread system and had an identity.

Dillard, Miramar,Deerfield, Plantation, and a Hollywood school fluctuating between Mcarthur/Hallandale/South Broward would all be good teams. Ely would be respectable as well. The crazy part is all the schools listed have seen a resurgence recently. Miramar has pretty much stayed the course and has been the best public school overall in my opinion with deerfield right there with em.

Miramar really is only missing there typical one or two more elite skills that they receive because their coaches get poached and have started taking kids else where.But they are still a tough out and still produce 3-6 div 1 kids yearly just not elite power 5 as usual. For example the best or fastest back in Broward County is in Miramar that ive seen...he committed to Western Carolina. Kid is small but i dont think ive seen anything close to his speed.
He's a **** stud.

Advertisement
They have edits for transferring to Optomist parks down here....IM SERIOUS.

These kids from 9 or 10 u are doing THE SAME THING..they are running from park to park joining up on super teams yearly. The funny part is they just pay the mom typically or the pops...so its basically THE SAME AS RECRUITING. Then they go to certain high schools and again maybe get a waterbill or something paid up or do their taxes and the kid transfer to that school. S.FLA is a cess pool ask Macho or anyone on here that have coached at any level from the parks to high school.

Have had parents full on throwing and Antonio Brown because there son had only 3 catches and no tds in a game..(keep in mind the kid had a pick 6). Im like look your son is 11 years old brah..lol What type of optomist program do you even think is airing it out do you think we have Leach calling plays?.
I can't even mane LOL. Edits for optomist football.

This **** is all Lebron, Dwade and Bosh's fault. Ever since then not a single person wants to build with people. They just want the quick and easy road to glory.

Im biased because i played at Mcarthur but we were the top dog for the city of Hollywood in that early 2000 era. ...and thats including Chaminade who were essentilly our jv then.

There was and still is soooo much talent in Hollywood/P.Pines area...its where all of the talent in south broward is. There were maybe 5-10 nfl guys to come out of the city in my era and countless div 1 guys. Thats alot in a 4year span.
You're my boy but Chaminade started running Hollywood in 2000 when Coach G took the job and has pretty much run it ever since.

So apparently Mario and crew have higher people on the board. He put out a top 7 that didn‘t include Miami and 247 essentially said we aren’t pushing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think they already feel pretty good about who they might be getting. I think they will take 3 and it will probably be our best group in forever it seems. We have much positive to sell recruits at LB. I expect the position to look much different by Fall anyway. We will see.

Advertisement
You're my boy but Chaminade started running Hollywood in 2000 when Coach G took the job and has pretty much run it ever since.
Old post. But the teams I played on in 2000 would of beat chaminade by close to 3 scores. From 2000 to 2003-2004 majority of chaminade best players were players that were depth guys at mcarthur. Not even a diss..these were all my friends.
The jerry Seymour's, beason's ,etc were mcarthur kids I know you know that though. When I look back at it I ultimately should of portaled there my sr year though lol. Sr year ended up very al golden like

Advertisement
Back