2023 2023 LB/RB Jayvant Brown

Advertisement
In Broward...
Dillard, Ely, Miramar, Deerfield maybe...
and Western would have a factory of QB's and O-linemen.

I wish it was like that, because then certain schools might take-on different identities.
Like Western would have to be ground-and-pound, instead of Air Raid like they are right now. Cooper City and Douglas would have to be similar. (like it was back in the day) Columbus has been like this in recent past too.

It would be kinda like college football, where certain schools take on certain identities because of their region. (i.e. Wisconsin)

I think that makes things more interesting because it adds parody. It sometimes gives schools with less skill athletes a better chance to compete. (yall remember when Cooper City beat STA with their Wing-T?)
I went to South Plant. We had a really good team in 06. Got hosed in the playoffs against Taravella, had 3/4 TD’s called back. We beat the **** out of them earlier in the season for homecoming. Lost to North Miami Beach following year at regionals, wouldn’t have mattered though, MNW was next. Lost to Deerfield following year when Denard was there. Those were a couple years where the stars aligned and we had some really solid teams. It wasn’t uncommon for a school to get a good group of guys together once or twice every 4/5 years and have some good teams and get deep into the playoffs.

It’s a miracle we held onto Alex Collins but that was really only because of Gatewood (took Piper to state finals w/ Quad Hill in ‘99 or ‘00). It’s really defeating hearing how many kids should go to their respective public school but STA/Heritage just gets them all. A lot of schools would be able to make good runs ever so often, and even have their share of district/regional titles but it’s pretty much impossible now.

Last edited:
I went to South Plant. We had a really good team in 06. Got hosed in the playoffs against Taravella, had 3/4 TD’s called back. We beat the **** out of them earlier in the season for homecoming. Lost to North Miami Beach following year at regionals, wouldn’t have mattered though, MNW was next. Lost to Deerfield following year when Denard was there. Those were a couple years where the stars aligned and we had some really solid teams. It wasn’t uncommon for a school to get a good group of guys together once or twice every 4/5 years and have some good teams and get deep into the playoffs.

It’s a miracle we held onto Alex Collins but that was really only because of Gatewood (took Piper to state finals w/ Quad Hill in ‘99 or ‘00). It’s really defeating hearing how many kids should go to their respective public school but STA/Heritage just gets them all. A lot of schools would be able to make good runs ever so often, and even have their share of district/regional titles but it’s pretty much impossible now.

15-20 years ago, schools would come down and hit multiple schools because there was talent literally everywhere in the county. Now most of the talent is going to about 4 schools. To be real it was more parity going back 6-8 years ago.

There really is very little “playing for the local school” in South Florida at this point. That’s why it’s refreshing to see kids like Nyjalik Kelly and DeVaughn Mortimer actually stay home and play for Dillard. You’d have to believe that STA probably tried to pry Kelly away from Dillard at some point, and he didn’t go.
From the start he had hs trying to get him...He was an optomist baller so everyone was on him

Its why i liked him so much he played at the home school and the almamater of his mom. Both of those kids couldve easily been at sta or AH.

I'm not from the area so i wouldn't know. I just see the twitter graphics when posted here LOL. Edits for transferring HS. Ish is redonk
They have edits for transferring to Optomist parks down here....IM SERIOUS.

These kids from 9 or 10 u are doing THE SAME THING..they are running from park to park joining up on super teams yearly. The funny part is they just pay the mom typically or the pops...so its basically THE SAME AS RECRUITING. Then they go to certain high schools and again maybe get a waterbill or something paid up or do their taxes and the kid transfer to that school. S.FLA is a cess pool ask Macho or anyone on here that have coached at any level from the parks to high school.

Have had parents full on throwing and Antonio Brown because there son had only 3 catches and no tds in a game..(keep in mind the kid had a pick 6). Im like look your son is 11 years old brah..lol What type of optomist program do you even think is airing it out do you think we have Leach calling plays?.

Advertisement
I'm coaching your LB in the Crib Broward/Dade game.
Great kid! Smart!
I'm hoping things work out with Bethune.
Yup.
I liked coaching that kid. Easy to coach. First year fullt ime off the ball backer and he did real well.
If not for the transfer portal and ncaa mess up he was one of the kids just like your db and cargill palm beach gardens who should be going group of 5 or fcs at worst and its this far and they hve NOTHING.

I was working for the Bethune offer hard as ****. Still trying to get him somewhere man. @Coach Macho @JayCane20

Graduated in 09 form South Plant. Wasn’t one of those years a game where it was like a three way tie and we played each team for a quarter or some weird crap like that?

In Broward...
Dillard, Ely, Miramar, Deerfield maybe...
and Western would have a factory of QB's and O-linemen.

I wish it was like that, because then certain schools might take-on different identities.
Like Western would have to be ground-and-pound, instead of Air Raid like they are right now. Cooper City and Douglas would have to be similar. (like it was back in the day) Columbus has been like this in recent past too.

It would be kinda like college football, where certain schools take on certain identities because of their region. (i.e. Wisconsin)

I think that makes things more interesting because it adds parody. It sometimes gives schools with less skill athletes a better chance to compete. (yall remember when Cooper City beat STA with their Wing-T?)
This how it was when i was in high school right after you @Coach Macho .

WESTERN, COOPER CITY, DOUGLAS ....NEVER HAD SKILLS...but were a tough out because they were usually tough in the trenches....like really tough.
Dillard has ALWAYS been the best DL producing high school in the county forwhatever reason and that was their identity still seems to be a bit. But they kind of ran a spread system and had an identity.

Dillard, Miramar,Deerfield, Plantation, and a Hollywood school fluctuating between Mcarthur/Hallandale/South Broward would all be good teams. Ely would be respectable as well. The crazy part is all the schools listed have seen a resurgence recently. Miramar has pretty much stayed the course and has been the best public school overall in my opinion with deerfield right there with em.

Miramar really is only missing there typical one or two more elite skills that they receive because their coaches get poached and have started taking kids else where.But they are still a tough out and still produce 3-6 div 1 kids yearly just not elite power 5 as usual. For example the best or fastest back in Broward County is in Miramar that ive seen...he committed to Western Carolina. Kid is small but i dont think ive seen anything close to his speed.

This how it was when i was in high school right after you @Coach Macho .

WESTERN, COOPER CITY, DOUGLAS ....NEVER HAD SKILLS...but were a tough out because they were usually tough in the trenches....like really tough.
Dillard has ALWAYS been the best DL producing high school in the county forwhatever reason and that was their identity still seems to be a bit. But they kind of ran a spread system and had an identity.

Dillard, Miramar,Deerfield, Plantation, and a Hollywood school fluctuating between Mcarthur/Hallandale/South Broward would all be good teams. Ely would be respectable as well. The crazy part is all the schools listed have seen a resurgence recently. Miramar has pretty much stayed the course and has been the best public school overall in my opinion with deerfield right there with em.

Miramar really is only missing there typical one or two more elite skills that they receive because their coaches get poached and have started taking kids else where.But they are still a tough out and still produce 3-6 div 1 kids yearly just not elite power 5 as usual. For example the best or fastest back in Broward County is in Miramar that ive seen...he committed to Western Carolina. Kid is small but i dont think ive seen anything close to his speed.
When I was in school South Broward was the best of those three near Hollywood.

Advertisement
When I was in school South Broward was the best of those three near Hollywood.
Im biased because i played at Mcarthur but we were the top dog for the city of Hollywood in that early 2000 era. ...and thats including Chaminade who were essentilly our jv then.

There was and still is soooo much talent in Hollywood/P.Pines area...its where all of the talent in south broward is. There were maybe 5-10 nfl guys to come out of the city in my era and countless div 1 guys. Thats alot in a 4year span.

Im biased because i played at Mcarthur but we were the top dog for the city of Hollywood in that early 2000 era. ...and thats including Chaminade who were essentilly our jv then.

There was and still is soooo much talent in Hollywood/P.Pines area...its where all of the talent in south broward is. There were maybe 5-10 nfl guys to come out of the city in my era and countless div 1 guys. Thats alot in a 4year span.
My cousin played baseball for McArthur, but I never payed much attention to the football team at that time it was before I was in high school. I just remember going to games against South Broward and them being good.

My cousin played baseball for McArthur, but I never payed much attention to the football team at that time it was before I was in high school. I just remember going to games against South Broward and them being good.
Mcarthur now has a good baseball program again as well. They went to states 2 years back. Beat St Thomas Aquinas. Being coached by former Mcarthur alum and MLB player Odibe Mcdowell

It just ain’t the same, I think local high school football fans don’t like it, but thats irrelevant

Speaking oh Hollywood schools, even Hollywood Hills had their share of ballers in the mid 2000s time frame…most notably Jabaal Sheard and Chris Anderson (he eventually hit the portal as a senior I think). Also an OL that made it the NFL.

****, Flanagan pre-bush had a few D1 guys, and that was the worst team in south Broward for a decade probably

BA used to pump them out. The list goes on. Any given game in the county featured D1 players on both teams it seemed. I feel old.

Advertisement
No doubt in my mind he was a Cane!
ben affleck jesus GIF
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

South Plant class of 05 right here fam

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back