2023 2023 LB/RB Jayvant Brown

This is part of the cycle of public school football. At least in Broward. Schools make coaching changes and the rest of the county is like vultures picking every bit of meat off a carcass. When Steve Davis stepped down at Plantation a few years ago, the whole team left to play elsewhere. Not just private schools but guys actually left to play at South Plantation which is horrible. That poor dude they brought in to coach had no shot. He had to replace like 2/3 of the roster and almost every single starter from the year before. They were horrible for a season, Davis came back a year later and they all of the sudden had good players again.

Advertisement
There really is very little “playing for the local school” in South Florida at this point. That’s why it’s refreshing to see kids like Nyjalik Kelly and DeVaughn Mortimer actually stay home and play for Dillard. You’d have to believe that STA probably tried to pry Kelly away from Dillard at some point, and he didn’t go.

Advertisement
Got hated on because he was spittin truth but a truth most did not want to hear. The thing is that the results always reconfirmed what he was sayin.
They hated him cause he spoke the real ****, he had no reason to lie thats why i believed him it made no sense to bs he had nothing to gain from it

Advertisement
This is part of the cycle of public school football. At least in Broward. Schools make coaching changes and the rest of the county is like vultures picking every bit of meat off a carcass. When Steve Davis stepped down at Plantation a few years ago, the whole team left to play elsewhere. Not just private schools but guys actually left to play at South Plantation which is horrible. That poor dude they brought in to coach had no shot. He had to replace like 2/3 of the roster and almost every single starter from the year before. They were horrible for a season, Davis came back a year later and they all of the sudden had good players again.
Yeah I remember that! I think the dude was from out-of-state. He had NO CHANCE.

@Coach Macho you think they can pull Donnell from Gibbons? His son is there and I know he still brings a lot of kids to Gibbons so I think that would be a hard pull.
True...
But he was around Deerfield a lot this season. He came by practice, helped us out, spoke to the kids. He's a good dude.
I don't know if he'd want the job but I know there's people who'd like to see him take it.

Advertisement
Yeah I remember that! I think the dude was from out-of-state. He had NO CHANCE.
Yeah. He was from Ohio. I hung out with him and a couple guys from his staff once. He was trying to transition them from Davis’ old wing T to a spread system but they had nobody who could play. He was a good dude but the culture shock in south Florida ate him alive. I’m pretty sure him and his wife moved right back to Ohio after that.

If you actually HAD to go to HS where you grew up or school you were zoned for….which teams in South Florida would be at the top?

Advertisement
Yeah. He was from Ohio. I hung out with him and a couple guys from his staff once. He was trying to transition them from Davis’ old wing T to a spread system but they had nobody who could play. He was a good dude but the culture shock in south Florida ate him alive. I’m pretty sure him and his wife moved right back to Ohio after that.
The dude who's at Boca High right now is from Ohio. Coach Angell.
He does a really good job. I wonder if he'd be interested in moving a couple exits South to coach Deerfield.
I just don't know how he'd gel with the community and culture though.

**** is different down here. lol

If you actually HAD to go to HS where you grew up or school you were zoned for….which teams in South Florida would be at the top?
In Broward...
Dillard, Ely, Miramar, Deerfield maybe...
and Western would have a factory of QB's and O-linemen.

I wish it was like that, because then certain schools might take-on different identities.
Like Western would have to be ground-and-pound, instead of Air Raid like they are right now. Cooper City and Douglas would have to be similar. (like it was back in the day) Columbus has been like this in recent past too.

It would be kinda like college football, where certain schools take on certain identities because of their region. (i.e. Wisconsin)

I think that makes things more interesting because it adds parody. It sometimes gives schools with less skill athletes a better chance to compete. (yall remember when Cooper City beat STA with their Wing-T?)

Last edited:
In Broward...
Dillard, Ely, Miramar, Deerfield maybe...
and Western would have a factory of QB's and O-linemen.

I wish it was like that, because then certain schools might take-on different identities.
Like Western would have to be ground-and-pound, instead of Air Raid like they are right now. Cooper City and Douglas would have to be similar. (like it was back in the day) Columbus has been like this in recent past too.

It would be kinda like college football, where certain schools take on certain identities because of their region. (i.e. Wisconsin)

I think that makes things more interesting because it adds parody. It sometimes gives schools with less skill athletes a better chance to compete. (yall remember when Cooper City beat STA with their Wing-T?)
That's more how it was when I was in high school but that was 20+ years ago. There were a lot less people in Broward and half the schools out west didn't even exist back then. There was no Cypress Bay so all the Weston, Southwest Ranches and Davie kids went to Western. Flanagan wasn't built yet so all the Pembroke Pines kids west of Douglas/Pine Island went to Cooper City. Everglades and West Broward weren't built so all the kids in southwest Broward went to Miramar. The demographics at Miramar have changed a lot. They sucked when I was in school. The Dade kids that they get now were all going to Carol City and Norland.

Advertisement
Back