2023 Dream Class

Canesfan_134

Sophomore
In no way do I think I’m an insider or an analyst. Just a hardcore fan who’s been reading these forums religiously for the past several months and following recruiting for as long as I can remember. I’m hoping we go heavy with a 25ish man class. Here’s my first post for CIS.

Yes I had way to much time on my hands in quarantine with this but here’s my 2023 Dream Class.

QB Recruits = 1
?
Dante Moore?? Would be an insane pull!!
Jackson Arnold?? Are we even on him?
(No one sticks out in Florida to me we will have to go out of state for a solid QB. In Mario I trust!)

RB Recruits = 1
4* Mark Fletcher (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
(Has drawn early comparisons to Derrick Henry as far as play style. Would be a perfect fit for Mario’s hard nosed play style as he’s a workhorse back. He’s the best locally and one of the best nationally. Hands down the RB I want this cycle. Get him behind a Mirabal coached OL in the ACC and it’s gonna be scary.)

ATH Recruits = 1
4* Robby Washington (Miami, FL)
(Could’ve just listed him as a WR but he’s played all over the field and looks like he’s shot out of a cannon on his punt/kick returns. Has a twin brother LB this cycle. Father is HS Legend Bobby Washington. I personally wanna take four other WRs this class plus Washington. I can see Washington being used as a hybrid kinda like a Percy Harvin type player. Use him in the backfield and in the slot. He’s built like a RB but has all the skills of a WR. Along with Jalen Brown is hands down one of if not the most athletic kid in the 305 for 2023. I read somewhere he’s close with Kevin Smith our new RB coach so let’s hope that helps us here.)

WR Recruits = 4
5* Brandon Inniss (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
5* Jalen Brown (Miami, FL)
4* Hykeem Williams (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
3* Andy Jean (Miami, FL)
(CAN YOU IMAGINE THESE GUYS IN A SPREAD OFFENSE TOGETHER? I know four plus Washington is overload to some but who could possibly say no to this. Yes I think Seymore gets dropped. All local guys and all monsters. This is the best year in the 305 of All-Time for the WR position. Inniss and Brown are already 5*s but out of all these guys Williams has the highest upside IMO. I read where someone compared him to a young AJ Green and that is a great comparison. If he was to transfer to STA for his last year he could very easily become a 5* recruit as well. Brown is an absolute burner run mid 10s already in the 100. Give me him and Washington all day. Jean is another guy who’s extremely underrated as far as rankings just go watch the film it speaks for itself. Inniss is Jerry Jeudy 2.0 and will be the hardest pull here. I say lock in Williams, Brown, Washington and Jean then go all out for Inniss on top of that. Easier said than done of course. But if you get all these guys the WR rooms soon gonna be looking like the early 2000s again.)

TE Recruits = 1
4* Riley Williams (Portland, OR)
(Looks like a pure stud in his film. Competition is garbage as expected in Oregon but his size and athleticism screams NFL. Bring this guy in with Skinner/Arroyo and our TE room is gonna start looking like the days of old again. Also it’d be hilarious to pull Oregons top HS player after we just poached their entire staff. I’m sure every Oregon football fan hates Miami right now. Fingers crossed the Oregon connection helps with this kid. Combine this kid with the WRs I mentioned above and it’s gonna get scary for college football quick.)

OL Recruits = 4
4* Samson Okunlola (Brockton, MA)
4* Payton Kirkland (Orlando, FL)
4* Knijeah Harris (Port Saint Lucie, FL IMG)
3* DeAndre Duffus (Hollywood, FL)
(Okunlola is a borderline 5* recruit and one of the best OL in the nation. Enough said… Kirkland and Harris are both proving to be solid prospects who are apparently showing strong interest in us as well. Duffus could develop into a solid prospect as well and could round out this class as our local guy here. No more of the BS project lineman. If there’s any position I’m not worried about it’s this one Cristobal and Mirabal will have us dialed in. They will probable exceed my hopes here if anything.)

EDGE Recruits = 3
5* Samuel M’Pemba (Saint Louis, MO IMG)
5* Malik Bryant (Orlando, FL)
5* Jayden Wayne (Tacoma, WA)
(Hoping for back to back home runs classes in 22/23 with these guys. Granted that’s IF we land Shemar “which I think we will” M’Pemba is listed as an athlete on 247 and has also played WR. He projects as a DE and with his freakish athleticism he’d be a perfect stand up EDGE in a 3-4 scheme IMO. Bryant spent 2 years at IMG but is now back at Jones in Orlando. Haven’t really watched anything on him like I have the other two guys here but he’s an elite 5* who started at IMG as a Sophomore and is now showing strong interest in Miami now that our savior is in town. Wayne has been on Salave’a and Cristobal’s radar for awhile now. Fingers crossed that PNW connection helps us here. He’s drawing early player comparisons to Chandler Jones and that’s enough for me to be sold. You get these three guys along with Shemar, Kelly and Moss and you’re looking at a loaded room. That’s how you stack talent and win championships in the trenches just look at the Georgias and Alabamas. No reason we don’t have a great shot with all three of these beasts.)

DL Recruits = 2
4* Derrick LeBlanc (Kissimmee, FL)
4* Rueben Bain (Miami, FL)
(LeBlanc is a top100 national recruit and is approaching 5* status on the 247 ratings. Give me him and Bain as our interior DL for this class as my birthday present next signing day. I’m definitely not a pro scout or an evaluator by any means but Rueben Bain’s game reminds me a lot of Aaron Donald. I’m not saying Bain is gonna be Aaron Donald but there are similarities in their play style. Bain literally led the nation in sacks/TFL but is still somehow a 4* recruit and it’s all due to his size. If he was 2 inches taller and his arms were a little bit longer he’d be sitting up there with the elite 5* guys. As far as on the field production goes you won’t find a better player than him on this entire list. He’s the best locally this next go around and I’d say he’s pretty much a lock with his brother now helping out on the staff.)

LB Recruits = 3
4* JayVant Brown (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
4* Stanquan Clark (Miami, FL)
3* Bobby Washington (Miami, FL)
(All three of these guys are local guys. There’s probably a few more guys I can think of who I’d rather have than Washington but I want him as a package deal with his brother. I think we could land him and Clark fairly easy. I’m excited to see how much Clark develops as a prospect coming into his Senior year at Killian. The big $EC boys are gonna pushing hard for Brown now that he’s gonna be balling out on a national level for STA. He’s the best locally this year as a prospect and better than anyone from the 22 class other than Wesley Bissainthe IMO. These are the three LBs I want.)

CB Recruits = 3
5* Cormani McClain (Lakeland, FL)
4* Antonio Robinson (Miami, FL)
3* Damari Brown (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
(Give McClain whatever NIL deal it takes to get him here because that’s what it’s gonna take. Everyone and their mom is gonna come after him. Outside Travis Hunter “generational player” McClain is IMO the best CB I’ve seen film/highlights of since Patrick Peterson. He’s currently rated as the third highest CB prospect in 247 history and would be tied as our second highest rated recruit ever. He’s the kinda player that can easily develop into at Top5-10 draft pick after 3 seasons. I’m no insider but something tells me this kids not leaving the state of Florida. I think it’s us vs Florida to the very end. Being a Lakeland kid and with Corey Raymond now leading the charge with DBs in Gainesville it’s gonna be an extremely hard task. I have seen him training with Lance Leggett some so hopefully that helps. As good as T-Rob is I just hope this comes down to who’s got the best HC not the best DB coach because Raymond is the best of the best. IMO he would be the crown jewel of this class and it would be so satisfying to get him after missing on elite corners year after year in recent memory. As for the other two guys Brown is an extremely underrated prospect IMO and he’s a legacy. He looks very physical and great in press coverage in what game film and highlights I’ve watched of American Heritage this past season. He could and should develop into a 4* recruit. Robinson is a kid I’ve not really watched anything on but I seen we got a early crystal ball on him and threw him on this list. I’m sure he’s got a lot of upside as a prospect too.)

S Recruits = 2
4* Daemon ***an (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
4* King Mack (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
(Not sure if we take one or two safeties this cycle but if we do take two these are my top two wants. Both local guys who both play for powerhouse programs. If we only take one my money is on ***an. Something tells me he’s a Cane lock. I’ve liked him as a prospect since I first seen him at AH and I’m excited to see how he does as a Senior.)

This would have to finish Top1-3 nationally and would be the best class in school history IMO. Even if it didn’t finish #1 with oil money A&M and $EC money bags it would still be our best class ever. With Cristobal I think we have a legit shot with anyone. For the first time in a long time it feels good to be a Miami football fan. Can’t wait to see what he’s gonna do with a full year of recruiting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In no way do I think I’m an insider or an analyst. Just a hardcore fan who’s been reading these forums religiously for the past several months and following recruiting for as long as I can remember. I’m hoping we go heavy with a 25ish man class. Here’s my first post for CIS.

Yes I had way to much time on my hands in quarantine with this but here’s my 2023 Dream Class.

QB Recruits = 1
?
(No one sticks out in Florida to me we will have to go out of state for a solid QB. In Mario I trust!)

RB Recruits = 1
(Has drawn early comparisons to Derrick Henry as far as play style. Would be a perfect fit for Mario’s hard nosed play style as he’s a workhorse back. He’s the best locally and one of the best nationally. Hands down the RB I want this cycle. Get him behind a Mirabal coached OL in the ACC and it’s gonna be scary.)

ATH Recruits = 1
(Could’ve just listed him as a WR but he’s played all over the field and looks like he’s shot out of a cannon on his punt/kick returns. Has a twin brother LB this cycle. Father is HS Legend Bobby Washington. I personally wanna take four other WRs this class plus Washington. I can see Washington being used as a hybrid kinda like a Percy Harvin type player. Use him in the backfield and in the slot. He’s built like a RB but has all the skills of a WR. Along with Jalen Brown is hands down one of if not the most athletic kid in the 305 for 2023. I read somewhere he’s close with Kevin Smith our new RB coach so let’s hope that helps us here.)

WR Recruits = 4
3* Andy Jean (Miami, FL)
(CAN YOU IMAGINE THESE GUYS IN A SPREAD OFFENSE TOGETHER? I know four plus Washington is overload to some but who could possibly say no to this. Yes I think Seymore gets dropped. All local guys and all monsters. This is the best year in the 305 of All-Time for the WR position. Inniss and Brown are already 5*s but out of all these guys Williams has the highest upside IMO. I read where someone compared him to a young AJ Green and that is a great comparison. If he was to transfer to STA for his last year he could very easily become a 5* recruit as well. Brown is an absolute burner run mid 10s already in the 100. Give me him and Washington all day. Jean is another guy who’s extremely underrated as far as rankings just go watch the film it speaks for itself. Inniss is Jerry Jeudy 2.0 and will be the hardest pull here. I say lock in Williams, Brown, Washington and Jean then go all out for Inniss on top of that. Easier said than done of course. But if you get all these guys the WR rooms soon gonna be looking like the early 2000s again.)

TE Recruits = 1
(Looks like a pure stud in his film. Competition is garbage as expected in Oregon but his size and athleticism screams NFL. Bring this guy in with Skinner/Arroyo and our TE room is gonna start looking like the days of old again. Also it’d be hilarious to pull Oregons top HS player after we just poached their entire staff. I’m sure every Oregon football fan hates Miami right now. Fingers crossed the Oregon connection helps with this kid. Combine this kid with the WRs I mentioned above and it’s gonna get scary for college football quick.)

OL Recruits = 4
(Okunlola is a borderline 5* recruit and one of the best OL in the nation. Enough said… Kirkland and Harris are both proving to be solid prospects who are apparently showing strong interest in us as well. Duffus could develop into a solid prospect as well and could round out this class as our local guy here. No more of the BS project lineman. If there’s any position I’m not worried about it’s this one Cristobal and Mirabal will have us dialed in. They will probable exceed my hopes here if anything.)

EDGE Recruits = 3
(Hoping for back to back home runs classes in 22/23 with these guys. Granted that’s IF we land Shemar “which I think we will” M’Pemba is listed as an athlete on 247 and has also played WR. He projects as a DE and with his freakish athleticism he’d be a perfect stand up EDGE in a 3-4 scheme IMO. Bryant spent 2 years at IMG but is now back at Jones in Orlando. Haven’t really watched anything on him like I have the other two guys here but he’s an elite 5* who started at IMG as a Sophomore and is now showing strong interest in Miami now that our savior is in town. Wayne has been on Salave’a and Cristobal’s radar for awhile now. Fingers crossed that PNW connection helps us here. He’s drawing early player comparisons to Chandler Jones and that’s enough for me to be sold. You get these three guys along with Shemar, Kelly and Moss and you’re looking at a loaded room. That’s how you stack talent and win championships in the trenches just look at the Georgias and Alabamas. No reason we don’t have a great shot with all three of these beasts.)

DL Recruits = 2
(LeBlanc is a top100 national recruit and is approaching 5* status on the 247 ratings. Give me him and Bain as our interior DL for this class as my birthday present next signing day. I’m definitely not a pro scout or an evaluator by any means but Rueben Bain’s game reminds me a lot of Aaron Donald. I’m not saying Bain is gonna be Aaron Donald but there are similarities in their play style. Bain literally led the nation in sacks/TFL but is still somehow a 4* recruit and it’s all due to his size. If he was 2 inches taller and his arms were a little bit longer he’d be sitting up there with the elite 5* guys. As far as on the field production goes you won’t find a better player than him on this entire list. He’s the best locally this next go around and I’d say he’s pretty much a lock with his brother now helping out on the staff.)

LB Recruits = 3
(All three of these guys are local guys. There’s probably a few more guys I can think of who I’d rather have than Washington but I want him as a package deal with his brother. I think we could land him and Clark fairly easy. I’m excited to see how much Clark develops as a prospect coming into his Senior year at Killian. The big $EC boys are gonna pushing hard for Brown now that he’s gonna be balling out on a national level for STA. He’s the best locally this year as a prospect and better than anyone from the 22 class other than Wesley Bissainthe IMO. These are the three LBs I want.)

CB Recruits = 3
(Give McClain whatever NIL deal it takes to get him here because that’s what it’s gonna take. Everyone and their mom is gonna come after him. Outside Travis Hunter “generational player” McClain is IMO the best CB I’ve seen film/highlights of since Patrick Peterson. He’s currently rated as the third highest CB prospect in 247 history and would be tied as our second highest rated recruit ever. He’s the kinda player that can easily develop into at Top5-10 draft pick after 3 seasons. I’m no insider but something tells me this kids not leaving the state of Florida. I think it’s us vs Florida to the very end. Being a Lakeland kid and with Corey Raymond now leading the charge with DBs in Gainesville it’s gonna be an extremely hard task. I have seen him training with Lance Leggett some so hopefully that helps. As good as T-Rob is I just hope this comes down to who’s got the best HC not the best DB coach because Raymond is the best of the best. IMO he would be the crown jewel of this class and it would be so satisfying to get him after missing on elite corners year after year in recent memory. As for the other two guys Brown is an extremely underrated prospect IMO and he’s a legacy. He looks very physical and great in press coverage in what game film and highlights I’ve watched of American Heritage this past season. He could and should develop into a 4* recruit. Robinson is a kid I’ve not really watched anything on but I seen we got a early crystal ball on him and threw him on this list. I’m sure he’s got a lot of upside as a prospect too.)

S Recruits = 2
(Not sure if we take one or two safeties this cycle but if we do take two these are my top two wants. Both local guys who both play for powerhouse programs. If we only take one my money is on ***an. Something tells me he’s a Cane lock. I’ve liked him as a prospect since I first seen him at AH and I’m excited to see how he does as a Senior.)

This would have to finish Top1-3 nationally and would be the best class in school history IMO. Even if it didn’t finish #1 with oil money A&M and $EC money bags it would still be our best class ever. With Cristobal I think we have a legit shot with anyone. For the first time in a long time it feels good to be a Miami football fan. Can’t wait to see what he’s gonna do with a full year of recruiting.
Welcome! Strong 1st post. I can't comment too much on all of the individual players on your list as I have not started looking at that class yet with a few exceptions. Obviously Mark Fletcher is a top option at RB but I also love Richard Young. QB I know nothing about so I'll take your word for it. Your WR class is very strong and I definitely know about Innis and I think we pull him.

Offensive Line and Defensive Line are going to be huge focal points going forward. Outside of the edge rushers I don't know much about the big uglies on either side of the ball but I can assure you that we will recruit the very best now that Mario, Mirabal and Salavae are here.

CB Cormani McClain is a must get and again I think we land him. Basically I expect an elite class for 2023.

Welcome! Strong 1st post. I can't comment too much on all of the individual players on your list as I have not started looking at that class yet with a few exceptions. Obviously Mark Fletcher is a top option at RB but I also love Richard Young. QB I know nothing about so I'll take your word for it. Your WR class is very strong and I definitely know about Innis and I think we pull him.

Offensive Line and Defensive Line are going to be huge focal points going forward. Outside of the edge rushers I don't know much about the big uglies on either side of the ball but I can assure you that we will recruit the very best now that Mario, Mirabal and Salavae are here.

CB Cormani McClain is a must get and again I think we land him. Basically I expect an elite class for 2023.
Getting both Fletcher and Young would be a dream come true!

Advertisement
Most if not all the DL you posted are edge guys imo. We are gonna recruit other DTs who are bigger already. Our inside talent is really lacking in depth on the DL and along with the OL is likely one of Mario's big area to address to hold up against playoff type teams starting with Clemson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll crap myself some cream from the front
Shocked Baby GIF

So we're gonna have a recruiting class like TAMU this year?
That's setting yourself up for failure.

Advertisement

QB Recruits = 1
?

RB Recruits = 1

ATH Recruits = 1

WR Recruits = 4
3* Andy Jean (Miami, FL)

TE Recruits = 1

OL Recruits = 4

EDGE Recruits = 3

DL Recruits = 2

LB Recruits = 3

CB Recruits = 3

S Recruits = 2

I don’t think we use 25 on all high school prospects but if so that’s an epic class

Advertisement
Back