Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Did you say Chinese food? LOL
Haven't heard of that dish.
But I will check with my sources ......😉
Pork dumplings in hot and sour chili sauce…

A09F7FE1-A25B-4566-B779-05765264D5C0.jpeg

Biang Biang Noodles with beef in sauce…

F8E848D1-A975-4F7B-A3F4-068E6A8B0876.jpeg

5B55932B-26D9-4120-8368-AF9F1C37E696.jpeg

Still not sweating any one single recruit with our HC and football machine now but I did see a kid ride by on his bike with Jaden Rashada hair and I think you and some others like @SWFLHurricane would enjoy this street food from Western China.

Advertisement
Pork dumplings in hot and sour chili sauce…

View attachment 197191

Biang Biang Noodles with beef in sauce…

View attachment 197192

View attachment 197196

Still not sweating any one single recruit with our HC and football machine now but I did see a kid ride by on his bike with Jaden Rashada hair and I think you and some others like @SWFLHurricane would enjoy this street food from Western China.

Nice!
Have had pork dumplings several times but not with hot and sour chili sauces; typically wanna say it's been teriyaki or sesame seed sauce (something like that).
Will keep an eye out for the biang biang noodles - sounds like an aphrodisiac btw. There's a handful or so restaurants I know of in south Florida that serve "real" Chinese food, so will be on the lookout for this. 👍

Watching his caneville interview I noticed that he was ****ed that he was crystal balled to Miami.
He didn’t even have an offer but automatically had cb’s for us and he seemed frustrated over it.
Also, don’t think he wants to play backer. I’m going with him moving inside and being that lighter but dominant 3 tech.
The entire interview is good. But he talks about the Miami prediction after the 18 min mark

Yeah he didn't seem too fond of being crystal balled here. I noticed Hykeem also seemed a little annoyed that he was crystal balled to Miami a couple months ago when Caneville interviewed him

Yeah he didn't seem too fond of being crystal balled here. I noticed Hykeem also seemed a little annoyed that he was crystal balled to Miami a couple months ago when Caneville interviewed him
Not saying he’s the blame at all but I still want to state that David Lake did that mass “1 confidence level” Crystal ball thing in December of 2021 and I think it was awful. He thinks it was “fun” but it wasn’t anything but annoying.

Advertisement
So true. We will do very well with DEs, whether Bain is in the group or not. We just got an absolute stud in Wayne and we look in decent shape for some others. It would be great if he joins us, but no big deal if he doesn't.

So true. We will do very well with DEs, whether Bain is in the group or not. We just got an absolute stud in Wayne and we look in decent shape for some others. It would be great if he joins us, but no big deal if he doesn't.
It is a big deal. We need to keep the local talent home. Mario is doing great … with out of area guys. Local guys … not so much. That can’t be the narrative.

PS: Central is right up there with AH in ******** the local team

Based on the CIS board in Mario first full cycle we are going to miss out on South Florida recruits:

Brandon Innis
Hykeem Williams
Jalen Brown
Ruben Bain
Demari Brown
Andy Jean
Mark Fletcher

That probably seemed infathonable when Mario signed on to coach Miami.
Andy Jean will be back in the class.

Advertisement
Kids getting overvalued because he is a legacy. His stats are fake and he is a tweener. He is behind other end targets and DT targets to me. If he comes fine, won’t be upset if he doesn’t, I expect him to disappear on bama roster.
No he’s not.
The dude had 29 sacks in a shortened season.
If anything he’s undervalued cause of his size. Saban isn’t gonna go after a kid over feelings and payback.
We can revisit and see. But imo he’s a must get.

Advertisement
I've been following recruiting so long that NOTHING surprises me anymore.

But I'll say this, Bain picking anywhere but Miami would be one of the biggest turncoat stereotypical "South Florida traitor" narratives EVER.

This is one where I'm going to say Cane up until the day if/when he formally commits to Bama. And even after that I'll say "we'll flip him" up until official signing day when he puts pen to paper.

This would probably be THE hardest recruitment to reconcile in all my years if he doesn't end up at Miami. He would more than likely cost his brother his job, among many other things. This would be like pouring nitroglycerin on a raging fire that had been building for weeks and started in a swimming pool of diesel.
I agree

The Matt Patchan one was brutal but when you saw the pain in his eyes after the OB game against UVA it was almost understandable

You got guys currently on NFL rosters and recruits all around the country repping and recruiting for Miami 247. A 5* from south carolina (Skinner) couldn't be more active for example.

This guy is a legacy of all legacies for reasons @gogeta4 has mentioned and couldn't possibly care less about helping the staff build something special in '23.

I hope if/when we get to winning titles again soon... The roster is like 85% national and 15% for the die hard kids like RayRay, Washington's etc. The bulk of the sofla talent is just awful to waste resources on.

You got guys currently on NFL rosters and recruits all around the country repping and recruiting for Miami 247. A 5* from south carolina (Skinner) couldn't be more active for example.

This guy is a legacy of all legacies for reasons @gogeta4 has mentioned and couldn't possibly care less about helping the staff build something special in '23.

I hope if/when we get to winning titles again soon... The roster is like 85% national and 15% for the die hard kids like RayRay, Washington's etc. The bulk of the sofla talent is just awful to waste resources on.
Brah if u a say nothing man on here telling you bout these are just kids, its July and let them enjoy the process. Then im like, we could say that for every kid, especially kids from outa town who have committed and helping us recruit. If outa state kids were doing that, they would be like, next. And like i said, its not about kids committing asap its also about letting everyone know where they mind is at and what kinda time frame they looking at. Nope they wanna cuddle SO FL players and the Jalen Brown situation opened my eyes to what So FL players have been doing. Of the top 12 players from So FL, we got 2. The rest, bunch of games and circles. They can do what they want, i rather us go after other players instead of talking bout let Keem enjoy the process, let x y and z do what they want. That's what got us being played with. Thats what Manny was doing and look how horrible our recruiting class was in December, tons of non commits and sweating your eggs in one basket. No make a decision or let people know when u gonna make a decision simple.

Listen, Ruben Bain probably wasn't moving the needle too much if he had been committed and was recruiting for us. I always thought he was more valuable for us going behind enemy lines. I have always assumed that was the plan. I'm only 95% on that now. I can't imagine a scenario where the staff wouldn't take his commit. He went to Oklahoma, Bama, and Auburn in June. Its time to put on for U. It's also possible the staff wants him to commit at the right time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back