Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
To go into more detail.

His his high school coach is a cane football alumni (Roland Smith)

the relative is his got **** brother( Reggie Bain)

His uncle is also um alumni Tolbert Bain and his cousin Travorius Bain played for the canes. This is 100 percent a CANE LEGACY as far as you can get. lol He is on the lines of Blades family here

I've been following recruiting so long that NOTHING surprises me anymore.

But I'll say this, Bain picking anywhere but Miami would be one of the biggest turncoat stereotypical "South Florida traitor" narratives EVER.

This is one where I'm going to say Cane up until the day if/when he formally commits to Bama. And even after that I'll say "we'll flip him" up until official signing day when he puts pen to paper.

This would probably be THE hardest recruitment to reconcile in all my years if he doesn't end up at Miami. He would more than likely cost his brother his job, among many other things. This would be like pouring nitroglycerin on a raging fire that had been building for weeks and started in a swimming pool of diesel.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You must be new to recruiting. This will go to the end.
Not new at all. Been following Canes recruiting for 20+ years.

This is different.

He plays a huge position of need at UM friendly school and has 3 family members on staff right now in addition to his last head coach. Not to mention we won't be out "bagged" anymore due to NIL.

This kid is as legacy as it gets.

Tell me another recruit with similar circumstances.

That sounds nice lol I have no idea. All I can go off of it’s what he said.

“They are my top school,” Bain said of the Crimson Tide. On 06/27.

If someone says this is my top school. Why would I interpret that as, nah Miami definitely leads he has a secret agreement with the coaches to commit at a future date when we need more momentum? My brain simply doesn’t work that way.

Bama is my top school= if I were to commit it would be to Bama.

Stop with this it’s July stuff. We are literally seeing top prospects make commitments all over the country this month. July is a huge month anyone that says otherwise is sleep at the wheel. It’s not the end all be all but July and August decisions have a huge impact on the board going into the fall.
I agree. People have been talking about innis for 3 years now as the best receiver. Committed

Fletcher as the best back in sofla since last year. Committed

Everyone talks about Bain not being a take at some schools cause he’s a tweener. But there he was all up in Saban’s house and the Bama boards and insiders seem to love him.

People down here say he’s dominant. The central staff said they had injuries during states when Bain was a frosh and he was playing d tackle and pushing dudes back.
He’s special. A legacy, from sofla, from central, who just said Bama was a great visit. And y’all wondering why some of us are a little nervous.

This just seems like Saban highlighted Bain and wants him just to prove a point or is taking shlt personal with Mario. It’s quite ironic who we have already beaten out Bama for and who we are going to, yet Bain of all DL prospects is who we’re having to sweat about. This is 100% Saban trying to pull a tooth out just for the sake of it.

To say it's just July is being naive. There's way too much smoke with him and Bama. And sure Cristobal wouldn't stop recruiting him, but to ignore the obvious clues of him going to Alabama, as of now at least, is foolish.

There's smoke with Bain and Alabama because he's considering going to Alabama. That's ok.

Advertisement
Him being listed as an OLB for them in their 3-4 is the same as Will Anderson being listed as an OLB for them in a 3-4. His hand will be on the line vast majority of the time.
Thomas Davis is now an LB for us, and he was nowhere near as heavy as Bain is at this point in his career and he still isn’t. Davis played some actual LB in HS too. Bain pins his ears back and is **** good at it, so that is what he will be doing in college as well. Not arguing, just stating facts.
I don't think Bain has ever played LB in his life. It's rare that at 18-19 y.o. a kid develops the skills necessary to be a LB. Reading/diagnosing a play in a blink of the eye is generally a skill someone develops long before they enter college. Alabama may be telling him he'll be listed as a LB, but he'll still be on the line of scrimmage with his hands on the ground and playing like a DE.

You're right - Davis did play some LB in H.S (in contrast to Bain). And we don't know if his "move" to LB will be successful or not.

All I know is that I live in Northern California now and it’s a beautiful 78 degree day without humidity and you guys stress out too much. I’m in search of a wide Chinese hand pulled noodle called biang biang I’ve read about.

I’m more worried about making a good choice of places to get a good version of this dish than Bain or any single recruit.

Mario’s got this. If not Bain then we’ll get others 🤷🏻‍♂️

For many reasons, I'm just not going to comment on this anymore than I already did above. I'm just gonna sit back and let this play out like the rest of you all should.

Mario needs to win 10 games this season. We have an NFL caliber quarterback and play in the ****** ACC. There are no excuses and a lot hinges on public perception stemming from on the field results.
Now I understand.

All I know is that I live in Northern California now and it’s a beautiful 78 degree day without humidity and you guys stress out too much. I’m in search of a wide Chinese hand pulled noodle called biang biang I’ve read about.

I’m more worried about making a good choice of places to get s good version of this dish than Bain or any single recruit.

The problem is we've gotten spoiled. We've had so many high level targets commit so quickly that when the ones we all had penciled in don't pull the trigger...people start freaking out.

Make no mistake about it, we need to win games this fall and show that the upward trajectory isn't just on paper or in the living room. I think once the South Florida parents/kids see what a well coached Miami team looks like ON THE FIIELD, you're going to see a line out the door from local kids that want to commit

We all need to remember, this generation of kids grew up watching a Miami that has for the most part....sucked. Life is a stage and this fall we start showing what the next act looks like. I have total faith in Mario.

Advertisement
Sounds like bama is pushing hard that he can be the next Will Anderson who ironically enough is one of his favorite players. Gonna be interesting to see how this ends up.

But I'll say this, Bain picking anywhere but Miami would be one of the biggest turncoat stereotypical "South Florida traitor" narratives EVER. The kid would be dead to me as well as MANY in the community who I personally know that have coached and mentored him.

This is one where I'm going to say Cane up until the day if/when he formally commits to Bama. And even after that I'll say "we'll flip him" up until official signing day when he puts pen to paper.

This would probably be THE hardest recruitment to reconcile in all my years if he doesn't end up at Miami. He would more than likely cost his brother his job, among many other things. This would be like pouring nitroglycerin on a raging fire that had been building for weeks and started in a swimming pool of diesel.

Did you think Mario was a turncoat when he was he only here long enough to get his bags unpacked before he went to Bama? Was he a South Florida traitor?

That's quite an emotional response to a kid making the biggest decision of his life. He'll make a decision On HIS Timeline, and it won't get anyone fired. There's pros at the helm, let them work.

But I'll say this, Bain picking anywhere but Miami would be one of the biggest turncoat stereotypical "South Florida traitor" narratives EVER. The kid would be dead to me as well as MANY in the community who I personally know that have coached and mentored him.

Sounds like the situation where you’re dating a chick and bring her to meet the family. The family loves her, and starts pushing you to marry her.

Now all of a sudden you feel don’t feel the warm fuzzies when you look at her… you feel trapped. You want everybody out of your business. You want to be left alone… but theres always somebody pushing, always somebody In your shlt.

So what do you do? You say F this shlt and run off into the warm embrace of nick saban.

Sounds like the situation where you’re dating a chick and bring her to meet the family. The family loves her, and starts pushing you to marry her.

Now all of a sudden you feel don’t feel the warm fuzzies when you look at her… you feel trapped. You want everybody out of your business. You want to be left alone… but theres always somebody pushing, always somebody In your shlt.

So what do you do? You say F this shlt and run off into the warm embrace of nick saban.

Yeah that could be it. At the end of the day it's the kid's choice and sometimes we all get too emotional regarding recruiting. I'm as guilty as anyone. This is why I barely chime in on the recruiting board.

Bottom line we're in good hands and it's just a matter of time before Mario proves to these South Florida kids that this version of Miami is not like the ones that have preceded it.

Advertisement
Based on the CIS board in Mario first full cycle we are going to miss out on South Florida recruits:

Brandon Innis
Hykeem Williams
Jalen Brown
Ruben Bain
Demari Brown
Andy Jean
Mark Fletcher

That probably seemed infathonable when Mario signed on to coach Miami.

He is will still end up top 10. Miami needs to win on the field and put some
Kids into the 1st rd to change the culture of south Florida recruits

This is a **** show of a recruitment. Tolbert should beat this kids ***. To the “just enjoying the process” crowd, this hurts Miami in every way possible … instead of helping Miami recruit he’s wasting Miami resources.

If he picks Miami then all is forgiven but if he picks Bama then he can GTFO and stay out. Kids from Tuscaloosa don’t leave Bama b/c they’d never be allowed back … unlike the cucks on this board that wish him well.

we need all the smoke with Bama so the rating services will do a huge bump for him. then, once he commits to the Canes and they drop his rating it will be okay because it will be back to where it was before all the Bama smoke..

Advertisement
Not new at all. Been following Canes recruiting for 20+ years.

This is different.

He plays a huge position of need at UM friendly school and has 3 family members on staff right now in addition to his last head coach. Not to mention we won't be out "bagged" anymore due to NIL.

This kid is as legacy as it gets.

Tell me another recruit with similar circumstances.
Perhaps, you’re not paying attention? Like I said, plenty of example “legacy’s” who go to different programs for different reasons. Last year alone, you have a good example.

Bain wants to wait for a reason. All I’m saying is don’t put too stock into the legacy thing.

That sounds nice lol I have no idea. All I can go off of it’s what he said.

“They are my top school,” Bain said of the Crimson Tide. On 06/27.

If someone says this is my top school. Why would I interpret that as, nah Miami definitely leads he has a secret agreement with the coaches to commit at a future date when we need more momentum? My brain simply doesn’t work that way.

Bama is my top school= if I were to commit it would be to Bama.

Stop with this it’s July stuff. We are literally seeing top prospects make commitments all over the country this month. July is a huge month anyone that says otherwise is sleep at the wheel. It’s not the end all be all but July and August decisions have a huge impact on the board going into the fall.
Or you’re getting trolled.

I’m more worried about making a good choice of places to get a good version of this dish than Bain or any single recruit.

Did you say Chinese food? LOL
Haven't heard of that dish.
But I will check with my sources ......😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back