2023 College Baseball Season Thread

NC State took the first two from Louisville. Louisville is just 3-5 in ACC play.
Unreal. The Conference really is a cluster. Just when you think you are starting to see who’s who/who’s not baseball will say “not so fast”

If Ligon and Ziehl can keep giving us quality starts who know where this season might go.

Advertisement
Unreal. The Conference really is a cluster. Just when you think you are starting to see who’s who/who’s not baseball will say “not so fast”

If Ligon and Ziehl can keep giving us quality starts who know where this season might go.
With the possible exception of Wake Forest

Lovelady and UCF catching some heat if you havent heard. A former player saying UCF was using some hot bats. Lovelady got interviewed and it was really awkward. He could be on his way out depending on how the season plays out

I am sure if this gets any press "Former Miami player turned coach accused of using illegal bats"

NCAA is going to pass a new law that doesnt allow contact to or from a college until Sept 1 of a students Junior year. So this seems like a great way to slow down the 13 year olds committing which in turn should make the portal for baseball a bit less absurd. But it will obviously take several years to level out.

Advertisement
Canes checking in at #17 on d1 baseball this week. Strong finish and we can still host a regional. Should always be the bare minimum.

Indiana St 11 game win streak(was 12-12), 11-1 in conf and best Vandy last night. Nice that one of our early season cupcakes is not hurting our RPI

edit: Added up to date RPI. Boy if we even just got one from Wake and UVA we could be in serious talks about a top 8 seed if we get rolling down the stretch. That being said I still almost want to see us as a 2/3 seed underdog to see how we respond. If we got a top 8 seed it feels like another quick heartbreak.

1681914001969.png

Last edited:
Someone (us, probably) is going to draw the realllllly short straw and get Tennessee as the 2 in their regional.

If I were breaking the ACC into tiers

Top 8 Lock
Wake Forest

Host Candidates
Duke
Virginia
Miami
BC

Likely In
Clemson (great RPI, slightly over .500)

Bubble
Notre Dame
UNC
Virginia Tech (Problematic RPI and need work on ACC record)

Need a lot of work
Louisville
NC State

Likely Out
Pitt

Out
Georgia Tech

LOL
Florida State

Last edited:
Advertisement
If I were breaking the ACC into tiers

Top 8 Lock
Wake Forest

Host Candidates
Duke
Virginia
Miami
BC

Likely In
Clemson (great RPI, slightly over .500)

Bubble
Notre Dame
UNC
Virginia Tech (Problematic RPI and need work on ACC record)

Need a lot of work
Louisville
NC State

Likely Out
Pitt

Out
Georgia Tech

LOL
Florida State
I know Lou was ranked high beginning of the year but my lord how are you top 25 and like 5 games south of .500 in conference?

I know Lou was ranked high beginning of the year but my lord how are you top 25 and like 5 games south of .500 in conference?
I know Rogers shtick is that he hates everyone, but D1 absolutely has their favorites. Louisville, UNC, and FSU are the big ones in the ACC. They tend to overrank them early, jump them up the rankings faster, and hang onto them longer.

I know Rogers shtick is that he hates everyone, but D1 absolutely has their favorites. Louisville, UNC, and FSU are the big ones in the ACC. They tend to overrank them early, jump them up the rankings faster, and hang onto them longer.
They actually had FSU ranked at one point, just because they beat a mediocre TCU team on the road.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Louisville’s looking pretty dead unless they win the ACC Tournament they may not qualify for
Ya, I was surprised how sloppy they were at times in our series. They're on an FSU like losing streak currently in conference play.

Ya, I was surprised how sloppy they were at times in our series. They're on an FSU like losing streak currently in conference play.
Their final series against FSU might be quite something to watch

Last edited:
Their season is just the ACC in a nutshell and its one of the things none of us could have predicted when we thought the Canes were in trouble;

Everyone else is laying massive turds too and having some really bad stretches. We have thankfully played a few stinkers and pulled them out.

Advertisement
Back