2023 2023 CB Malik Muhammad

Advertisement
Yo El what's the scoop on this guy?

View attachment 172788
He was hired back in the Spring of 2020 as a personnel assistant in the recruiting department, last year he got elevated to assistant Defensive backs coach, he’s basically like a QC.

He played CB at FAMU & went to HS at BTW, he was coached by Ice Harris & was actually going to join his staff at Florida Memorial before he got offered the job at Miami.

He played in HS ball on that undefeated State championship team with Chad Thomas, Mark Walton, Trevon Harris, Antonio Galloway, Davante Davis, Dontye Carriere-Williams, Dedrick Mackey & those boys.

He’s a real good dude & will be a future CB’s coach.

He was hired back in the Spring of 2020 as a personnel assistant in the recruiting department, last year he got elevated to assistant Defensive backs coach, he’s basically like a QC.

He played CB at FAMU & went to HS at BTW, he was coached by Ice Harris & was actually going to join his staff at Florida Memorial before he got offered the job at Miami.

He played in HS ball on that undefeated State championship team with Chad Thomas, Mark Walton, Trevon Harris, Antonio Galloway, Davante Davis, Dontye Carriere-Williams, Dedrick Mackey & those boys.

Nice so he's a young up and comer

I appreciate you el I didn't know he existed until yesterday that's crazy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Texas boy is back in the building this weekend!
giphy.gif

I might actually prefer Jayvon but I’ve only seen them in shorts. Haven’t watched too much film
Malik is more polished at Corner, Jayvon was a RB/Safety up until his Junior year where he switched to Corner.

Jayvon has shiftier feet because he was a RB, but Malik has a WR skill set at CB, because he was WR lol.

They’re both raw with very good tools to be a P5 CB, but I think Malik has higher upside.

I’ll take either one though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is this his second or third time on campus? Coming here twice from The Cliff lets you know the interest is high & legit. Three times?!?!?!

I'll tell y'all what, as much I want McClain in our CB group, I'm as equally unconcerned with the talent we're still gonna get if he doesn't want in. We're gonna land some dudes at corner either way....

Is this his second or third time on campus? Coming here twice from The Cliff lets you know the interest is high & legit. Three times?!?!?!

I'll tell y'all what, as much I want McClain in our CB group, I'm as equally unconcerned with the talent we're still gonna get if he doesn't want in. We're gonna land some dudes at corner either way....
Getting Texas Corners to visit Miami more than once is big, typically they only show up when they’re in Miami for Adidas 7v7 camps, but he’s showing up on his own accord just because we’re recruiting him, so the interest is definitely legit.

It will come down to how hard we go for OOS targets like him vs how we feel about the FL targets at CB.

I’m the biggest proponent of Tejas CB’s on the board, I post them waaay more than I do Florida kids, I’m actually more plugged in Texas than I am in FL to be honest, it’s just our previous staffs have never really tried to recruit there too heavy.

But I been saying since 2017/2018 them kids are super receptive to The U brand more than we think, we just never put forth the effort to get them & I know it for a fact because I’ve lived & coached in Tejas before and have great relationships with a number of coaches down there.

Getting Texas Corners to visit Miami more than once is big, typically they only show up when they’re in Miami for Adidas 7v7 camps, but he’s showing up on his own accord just because we’re recruiting him, so the interest is definitely legit.

It will come down to how hard we go for OOS targets like him vs how we feel about the FL targets at CB.

I’m the biggest proponent of Tejas CB’s on the board, I post them waaay more than I do Florida kids, I’m actually more plugged in Texas than I am in FL to be honest, it’s just our previous staffs have never really tried to recruit there too heavy.

But I been saying since 2017/2018 them kids are super receptive to The U brand more than we think, we just never put forth the effort to get them & I know it for a fact because I’ve lived & coached in Tejas before and have great relationships with a number of coaches down there.
Of the CB targets we're after, save McClain, how would you rank them?

Advertisement
Back