2023 2023 CB Daylen Austin receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6’1 180lbs 4-star CB out of Long Beach CA, goes to powerhouse school Long Beach Poly Tech.

Finished his Junior year with 44tcks 11PD’s 2INT’s 1.5TFL’s 1FF & 2TD’s, plus 437yds as the primary Kick/Punt Returner.

A talented two-way player started out as a WR & played CB for the first time this season & excelled. Is an incredibly lengthy natural athlete with terrific range covering large stretches of field with his long stride running gait. He’s a silky mover with good hip fluidity & is a pure athletic playmaker with high upside.

@2:15 on his tape displayed good reactionary ability on the defending the quick slant, he immediately reshuffled his feet out of his stance on inside release & read the QB eyes while playing upfield to WR’s inside shoulder, he cut off the route & used his great arm length to reach in & get the nice PBU. It’s short & quick route, but not as easy to defend as people might think, it takes good play recognition & quick reaction to get your hands in & fight through the ball. @2:35 similar play defending the quick slant vs inside release, played to the outside shoulder, read the route & used his arm length to go over top & get the breakup. @2:55 showed very good turn & face in phase vs the fade route & used his physicality to slow down & disrupt the rhythm of the WR’s route

He’s a big physical CB with prototype arm length, he excels in short area-to intermediate route coverage. He’s a raw athlete, with high upside, has good not great speed, looks within the 4.5 range by eye test & his track numbers reflect that, however due to his long stride running style he covers lots of ground & can be an effective big bodied Boundary corner, plays better in off coverage than in press man at this stage in his development, but the tools are there, remember, this is his first season playing CB.

Long Beach Poly is a program that has produced some talented football players:

- DeSean Jackson
- JuJu Smith-Schuster
- Jurrell Casey
- Iman Marshall
- Terrence Austin (his uncle)

And several more.

AZ ST’s DC & Recruiting Coordinator Antonio Pierce who has been a recruiting dynamo on the West Coast was also former HC at LBC Poly for 4 years, so they’re a team to watch in this recruitment.

USC as well because Donte Williams is one of the best CB’s recruiters in the country & he owns the west coast when it comes to landing high caliber CB’s.

Holds offers from Bama, UGA, USC, Texas, Notre Dame, AZ ST, Michigan, Mich ST, Utah Oregon, Washington & Wazzu.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Long Beach (Calif.) Poly 4-star DB Daylen Austin is an LSU commitment. But he hasn’t shut down his recruiting process. In fact, he’s looking to take his final three official visits and hold off signing until February.
One of those OVs? It’ll be to Miami.
“I plan on taking the Miami visit probably Dec. 10, have to call coaches and solidify it,” Austin said. So far his two official visits have been to LSU and Michigan State.
Oregon, Michigan State, Penn State, USC and Utah are others vying to get him on campus before he signs.
The reason the Canes are locked in apparently as one of his visit dates? DB coach Jahmile Addae.”Coach Addae, I know him since he’s been at Georgia, he coached me at a camp there,” Austin said. “At the camp he told me I was a coachable guy, and I really appreciated that. He broke things down to me easily.”With that said, Austin says he doesn’t know much about Miami, and he’s never been to the State of Florida before.
“When I think about the Miami area, I think about spring break stuff – beaches and sand,” Austin said. “Probably like California.”
He says he chose to commit to LSU because of “the culture there, the people there, the atmosphere. And the coaching staff, they are really smart guys.”
For the Canes it’s coaches Mario Cristobal, Addae and Dennis Smith pushing for Austin.
“It’s going to be pretty hard to catch LSU,” the DB says. “But they are trying to get me out there.”

Long Beach (Calif.) Poly 4-star DB Daylen Austin is an LSU commitment. But he hasn’t shut down his recruiting process. In fact, he’s looking to take his final three official visits and hold off signing until February.
One of those OVs? It’ll be to Miami.
“I plan on taking the Miami visit probably Dec. 10, have to call coaches and solidify it,” Austin said. So far his two official visits have been to LSU and Michigan State.
Oregon, Michigan State, Penn State, USC and Utah are others vying to get him on campus before he signs.
The reason the Canes are locked in apparently as one of his visit dates? DB coach Jahmile Addae.”Coach Addae, I know him since he’s been at Georgia, he coached me at a camp there,” Austin said. “At the camp he told me I was a coachable guy, and I really appreciated that. He broke things down to me easily.”With that said, Austin says he doesn’t know much about Miami, and he’s never been to the State of Florida before.
“When I think about the Miami area, I think about spring break stuff – beaches and sand,” Austin said. “Probably like California.”
He says he chose to commit to LSU because of “the culture there, the people there, the atmosphere. And the coaching staff, they are really smart guys.”
For the Canes it’s coaches Mario Cristobal, Addae and Dennis Smith pushing for Austin.
“It’s going to be pretty hard to catch LSU,” the DB says. “But they are trying to get me out there.”
Doubtful he flips but let’s see what happens once he realizes MC won’t grind on him the way Brian Kelly would

Advertisement
Long Beach to Baton Rouge is a bit of a head scratcher. That only heightens our chances imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back