2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

View as article
The fact he doesn’t already have a trip lined up to one of the Texas schools this spring is a good sign. Long way to go and it’s going to be a battle, OU is a sleeper in this.

Advertisement
The fact he doesn’t already have a trip lined up to one of the Texas schools this spring is a good sign. Long way to go and it’s going to be a battle, OU is a sleeper in this.
As a Texas native he feels like a kid who always ends up out of state… Jawja, bama, LSU, OU…

We offer him what Shemar had on top of a full year of recruiting him hard I think we can lock this one up and build a couple of corner stones

Shemar and @Brooklyndee said that we outbid TAMU for him. The question is, will we be willing to outbid Texas and TAMU for Hicks. If what Shemar and BrooklynDee said is 110% true...then I am not worried about being outbid. Just get one of the 5 OVs and we are at least at the bidding table.

Some schools will fall off simply because they won't be willing to go the lengths it will take.
I think Shemar was full of s*** on that. Either way landing Hicks would make up for them stealing him from us and then some. Not just saying this to be salty but Hicks is far and away a better prospect IMO.

Advertisement
Shemar and @Brooklyndee said that we outbid TAMU for him. The question is, will we be willing to outbid Texas and TAMU for Hicks. If what Shemar and BrooklynDee said is 110% true...then I am not worried about being outbid. Just get one of the 5 OVs and we are at least at the bidding table.

Some schools will fall off simply because they won't be willing to go the lengths it will take.

We didn't just outbid A&M for Shemar it was more than double. There's more to this story. It will come out in due time.

We didn't just outbid A&M for Shemar it was more than double. There's more to this story. It will come out in due time.

I know you're an insider. But that sounds whack. Why on earth would Shemar pass a deal like that up? Makes no sense. Even if it was about his coach a.k.a. handler he could have covered that from his own NIL and still been ahead.

Advertisement
Eeny meeny miny MOE!!!!!!
images

Had we landed Shemar and Conerly Mario would have been cooking with ******* gas. Hated that we couldn’t close on SS
I know you're an insider. But that sounds whack. Why on earth would Shemar pass a deal like that up? Makes no sense. Even if it was about his coach a.k.a. handler he could have covered that from his own NIL and still been ahead.

Admittedly I wasn't in the meeting but the person I spoke with was and knows Mo extensively. There were more demands and such than money is how the story goes. Now unlike most things I talk about this isn't first hand but I wouldn't call it a rumor either. If you knew the source you would believe it too as ludicrous as it sounds:)

Advertisement
Admittedly I wasn't in the meeting but the person I spoke with was and knows Mo extensively. There were more demands and such than money is how the story goes. Now unlike most things I talk about this isn't first hand but I wouldn't call it a rumor either. If you knew the source you would believe it too as ludicrous as it sounds:)
You are my favorite poster now lol. I realize i offer zero besides the compliment but thank you for the info. Whatever it was it’s in the past. Any idea what’s up with Innis? Seems to have a crush on Riley. Not to deflect from the topic. If there’s another thread you mentioned this let me know. Thanks for the info

Advertisement
You are my favorite poster now lol. I realize i offer zero besides the compliment but thank you for the info. Whatever it was it’s in the past. Any idea what’s up with Innis? Seems to have a crush on Riley. Not to deflect from the topic. If there’s another thread you mentioned this let me know. Thanks for the info

Lol thanks. I like to share what I can and give everyone some insight into the monster Mario is creating down here. I was with Brandon, Brown, Fegan, and Fletcher (just got his knee scoped) yesterday. The AH kids first and foremost are great kids outside of football. The culture there is awesome. Coach Mike, Mario and Porter are all awesome people. What I took away from watching them train is Brandon is a real leader. He is working hard and leading the team in conditioning and putting that work in. He absolutely loves Riley but he is open to exploring his options. That's really all I can say as of now with those kids out of respect. Whatever schools land them are getting stand up kids.

Shemar was offered way more by Ruiz and team. The reason for him not taking the higher offer, is because Ruiz and team refused to pay off the handler whose name I shall not speak, because he’s a lout and a turncoat. aTm paid the man a large amount of money to secure Shemar’s services. This is a fact, and has been discussed ad nauseam by the people in the know.

There’s nothing “whack” about it. Shemar chose to get his handler the payday, rather than doing what was best for his own path.

Lol thanks. I like to share what I can and give everyone some insight into the monster Mario is creating down here. I was with Brandon, Brown, Fegan, and Fletcher (just got his knee scoped) yesterday. The AH kids first and foremost are great kids outside of football. The culture there is awesome. Coach Mike, Mario and Porter are all awesome people. What I took away from watching them train is Brandon is a real leader. He is working hard and leading the team in conditioning and putting that work in. He absolutely loves Riley but he is open to exploring his options. That's really all I can say as of now with those kids out of respect. Whatever schools land them are getting stand up kids.
Are you Cribby, lol but appreciate the insight bro, and I keep coming across quotes from recruits saying this staff is big time or this staff is the best, I'm sure you're probably hearing the same behind the scenes

Advertisement
Back