2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

View as article
Advertisement
Manny gets high grades for his recruiting prowess, not so much on the actual coaching end. However, he has brought in a number of very good coaches, Shoop, Simpson, TRob, Likens, etc., so he has hopefully solved the coaching deficiency.

Mack is similar, he is recruiting at a very $high$ level, but his coaching is suspect.
Mario Lopez Football GIF

Advertisement
Arch is good but overrated in my opinion. Have you seen the competition he plays against?
Doesn't matter the comp it's the intangibles. The arm strength the size the recognition. U give him talent he will fit in. What great players do no matter the comp they do it. Ahmon Richards was bodying peasants and people including me screamed comp.......he said when he got to UM he ran by dudes and it was easy and effortless. Those r the guys u recruit.....comp don't mean a thing. Talent is talent no matter who they playing against.

Doesn't matter the comp it's the intangibles. The arm strength the size the recognition. U give him talent he will fit in. What great players do no matter the comp they do it. Ahmon Richards was bodying peasants and people including me screamed comp.......he said when he got to UM he ran by dudes and it was easy and effortless. Those r the guys u recruit.....comp don't mean a thing. Talent is talent no matter who they playing against.
His arm is legit, I can't lie. He threw a ball at a Clemson that was an absolute dime. The ball is pretty coming out of his hand.

His size leaves a lot to be desired. The scouting agencies list him as 6'4 215. I think those are overestimated. I don't believe them one bit. He looks 6'2ish 190lbs seeing him play on TV. What gives him his hype and recognition is his last name.

Don't compare Ahmmon to him. Ahmmon was playing in the 8A division at Wellington. He played against good competition and did numbers. Arch is playing at a private school that doesn't even play a national schedule. They mostly play against other private schools. I think Quinn Ewers is a better prospect than Arch.

Playing against top competition is an important piece to the puzzle. Seeing how an athlete competes against other top competition will tell you a lot. Does he fold when the pressure is on, does he elevate the play of his teammates, does he know how to lead through adversity? All of these are critical questions that get answered playing against the best out there.

I'm not saying Arch will be a flop or bust, I just don't see why he's so hyped up outside of his last name.

His arm is legit, I can't lie. He threw a ball at a Clemson that was an absolute dime. The ball is pretty coming out of his hand.

His size leaves a lot to be desired. The scouting agencies list him as 6'4 215. I think those are overestimated. I don't believe them one bit. He looks 6'2ish 190lbs seeing him play on TV. What gives him his hype and recognition is his last name.

Don't compare Ahmmon to him. Ahmmon was playing in the 8A division at Wellington. He played against good competition and did numbers. Arch is playing at a private school that doesn't even play a national schedule. They mostly play against other private schools. I think Quinn Ewers is a better prospect than Arch.

Playing against top competition is an important piece to the puzzle. Seeing how an athlete competes against other top competition will tell you a lot. Does he fold when the pressure is on, does he elevate the play of his teammates, does he know how to lead through adversity? All of these are critical questions that get answered playing against the best out there.

I'm not saying Arch will be a flop or bust, I just don't see why he's so hyped up outside of his last name.
I have to go with Dwinstitle on this. Remember Arthur Brown and Shannon and them make it seem he was not good. Then he went pro from K State. If he has the measurements and the mental understanding, competition is irrelevant....especially for a QB. TVD competition was trash.

Stopped reading after he said Manny and recruiting prowess.....Jesus fuqing Christ these fans. Manny was trash on the trail holy ****
You can hate Manny the coach but he brought in King, Phillips and Rambo plus signed two five stars last year. The 2021 class is stacked with talent.

Dude just couldn't put the wins behind his lisp, otherwise he would have recruited even better.

Advertisement
You can hate Manny the coach but he brought in King, Phillips and Rambo plus signed two five stars last year. The 2021 class is stacked with talent.

Dude just couldn't put the wins behind his lisp, otherwise he would have recruited even better.

KIng is an average QB, and Rambo won't get drafted in the first 3 rounds. Phillips was the real deal, so are Taylor and Williams, but Manny didn't get enough talent here in his three years as a coach.

Stopped reading after he said Manny and recruiting prowess.....Jesus fuqing Christ these fans. Manny was trash on the trail holy ****

Chill on the post-mortem attacks. I remember everyone high as a kite after the cookout when we had the whole world here. They were all comin'. There are receipts. But suddenly everyone here... well, you know.

Yes, in the end, Manny failed. You want to relive that every day or move on and enjoy our reemergence? Who the **** cares if a screen name was right or wrong to what degree on a message board? Boring.

You know why people pay millions of dollars to get ahold of the **** of a certain horse? Arch is very talented, but beyond the DNA, he has had unlimited access to more resources and QB knowledge than maybe any QB prospect ever. He's as much as a sure thing as there is out there IMO, because you know he absolutely won't bust because of his metal make-up and exposure. And he's the reason deal. Plenty of talented kids have come out of his HS including two NFL HOF QB's.

Chill on the post-mortem attacks. I remember everyone high as a kite after the cookout when we had the whole world here. They were all comin'. There are receipts. But suddenly everyone here... well, you know.

Yes, in the end, Manny failed. You want to relive that every day or move on and enjoy our reemergence? Who the **** cares if a screen name was right or wrong to what degree on a message board? Boring.
Man suck *** and plenty people never fell for those fake facades. I stopped visiting thw recruiting board when Manny was here. It was dryer than a nun. And i stopped following the program so much in the offseason. After he blackballed Alonzo and got beat down by UNC ar home i knew it was all bravado. Not an ounce of substance. James and Taylor wanted to stay home, their recruitment should not have even been as hard as it was....only with Diaz

Advertisement
@SouthParkCane to the white courtesy phone…I know Allen is closer to Dallas but are you hearing anything about this kid? Fwiw, one of my wife’s good friends lives In Allen and we went to visit a couple years ago.

Man suck *** and plenty people never fell for those fake facades. I stopped visiting thw recruiting board when Manny was here. It was dryer than a nun. And i stopped following the program so much in the offseason. After he blackballed Alonzo and got beat down by UNC ar home i knew it was all bravado. Not an ounce of substance. James and Taylor wanted to stay home, their recruitment should not have even been as hard as it was....only with Diaz

Calm down or no snack for you today.

Advertisement
Calm down or no snack for you today.
Just childish. You Manny lovers wanna act like everyone was like you buying is crap. Now that he is being exposed for being even more of a fraud on the trail than was even public yall wanna act like everyone was fooled. Don't like the facts, so u start childish insults. Typical Manny lovers

1. Not a Manny lover. At all. Or a defender or a slurper. I am the one who was wrecking people for doubting what a great power move it would be to hire Mario starting back in early November. By trying to make assumptions that fit your desired narrative, you expose your intellectual deficiencies.

2. Childish? Childish insults? The depths you will go to in order to deflect away from your immaturity are astounding. You literally posted "man suck ***" at me. Go to Home Depot and buy every mirror they have and report back.

3. No juice box for you today. Take a lap.
Manny suck ***. At no point did i direct any insults to you. You cant defend Manny so you start attacking me. Manny lover. Childish.

Manny suck ***. At no point did i direct any insults to you. You cant defend Manny so you start attacking me. Manny lover. Childish.

Punctuation, commas and spelling are important, you know. Own your mistakes. What you think in your brain is very different than what you're able to communicate when you write. Slow down and proof your work.

Again, not a Manny defender or lover. If making up things out of thin air to suit your indefensible arguments is all you have then I should go easy on you anyway. Have a nice day.

Advertisement
Back