2023 4* DL John Walker (Commits to UCF)

Advertisement
I have always admired your no bs nature, and have called it like it is. But in this instance, do you mean in terms of the overall class in our eyes? Or the actual ranking on 247, etc? Because personally, I don’t see it if it’s the latter.

Don’t get me confused; I would LOVE to be wrong about this. I mean who would be mad they were incorrect about achieving a top three class? But numerically, I’m having trouble grasping the possibility.

Everything would have to go right. We’d have to have some significant bumps from some current commits. We’d have to land a ton of these guys; Hicks, M’Pemba, Sampson, Freeling, maybe both of Hykeem and ****ey, (but at least one of them + Jean if not) Bain, Harbor, Wilson, flip guys of caliber like Walker, etc. Is it impossible? **** no, not with this staff. Is it unlikely? Yeah, I personally think it’s unlikely.

This is no knock on the talent of these guys because the staff clearly loves them, but players like Kinsler and Tinalau significantly hurt the class ranking from a numerical standpoint. Now, I don’t know if we’re taking a **** ton of kids (there’s been banter back and forth regarding the class size and how many we cut after this season), because if the class size is large, then yes we’ll naturally climb higher.

I just think schools like UGA, Bama, Texas and OSU are too far out in front to surpass this year. Next year - yeah I expect to make a significant run to surpass them.

Who knows - maybe with a solid 10-2 season, we generate enough buzz to flip some of these guys and land a Top 3 class. I also understand that we as fans don’t know everything there is concerning recruiting; there’s players the staff is recruiting that we won’t hear about til the very last minute; all in all, achieving that class is absolutely not out of the picture. But, I’m just trying to be realistic. I think 5-8 is more likely, and that’s still **** impressive.
Has to be. Which is fine. The bottom line is that a composite top 3 (maybe even top 5) is out of the question because of On3's rankings.

Rashada would be a 5* if not for On3. He is ranked 17th, 25th and 30th by 247, ESPN and Rivals. While 247 was bumping him up to 17, On3 was dropping him down to 193 by. Their **** ranking dropped him all the way down the 49th overall player in the composite because of it.

I posted this last week, so maybe they've changed. But I doubt it.

Their rankings have all but 2 of our commits ranked lower than their version of the composite does. Meaning they like our recruits less than all the other recruiting services.

First number is On3 composite, bold number is their site ranking.
Mauiga: 10, 11
Wayne: 36, 104
Rashada: 51, 193
Riley Williams: 70, 89
Joseph: 119, 245
Aguirre: 133, 159
Stafford: 161, 75*
Robby Washington: 169, 168*

The next group doesn't have an overall composite ranking on On3. They're all NR.
First number in parenthesis is their composite position ranking, followed by their On3 position ranking.
Tripp: 387, NR (25, 75)
Carver: 454, NR (23, 36)
Bobby Washinton: 539, NR (49, 37)
Mikeska: 587, NR (32, 34)
Emory Williams: 709, NR (34, 25)
Frankie: 1228 NR (79,57)

So if we're being realistic here, landing a top 3 composite class is mathematically impossible as long as they're included in the score.

HOWEVER, we may very well land a top 5 class if we're looking at 247, Rivals and ESPN's individual site rankings. Which I hope 247 is paying attention to, because On3's rankings are all over the place across the board.

I have always admired your no bs nature, and have called it like it is. But in this instance, do you mean in terms of the overall class in our eyes? Or the actual ranking on 247, etc? Because personally, I don’t see it if it’s the latter.

Don’t get me confused; I would LOVE to be wrong about this. I mean who would be mad they were incorrect about achieving a top three class? But numerically, I’m having trouble grasping the possibility.

Everything would have to go right. We’d have to have some significant bumps from some current commits. We’d have to land a ton of these guys; Hicks, M’Pemba, Sampson, Freeling, maybe both of Hykeem and ****ey, (but at least one of them + Jean if not) Bain, Harbor, Wilson, flip guys of caliber like Walker, etc. Is it impossible? **** no, not with this staff. Is it unlikely? Yeah, I personally think it’s unlikely.

This is no knock on the talent of these guys because the staff clearly loves them, but players like Kinsler and Tinalau significantly hurt the class ranking from a numerical standpoint. Now, I don’t know if we’re taking a **** ton of kids (there’s been banter back and forth regarding the class size and how many we cut after this season), because if the class size is large, then yes we’ll naturally climb higher.

I just think schools like UGA, Bama, Texas and OSU are too far out in front to surpass this year. Next year - yeah I expect to make a significant run to surpass them.

Who knows - maybe with a solid 10-2 season, we generate enough buzz to flip some of these guys and land a Top 3 class. I also understand that we as fans don’t know everything there is concerning recruiting; there’s players the staff is recruiting that we won’t hear about til the very last minute; all in all, achieving that class is absolutely not out of the picture. But, I’m just trying to be realistic. I think 5-8 is more likely, and that’s still **** impressive.
Overall ranking. & Yup we'd have to land a good share of those kids you mentioned. Enjoy the season brother. I'll remind you later on.

Advertisement
I don't moderate anymore so you are free to do whatever you like as long as the current mods don't care.
except for imitate the Son of God. I remember you banned a dude who had that as his screen name. And that's the reason you listed lol.

That's what i'm wondering too. Like where did we go wrong. Shooting ourselves in the foot recruiting at DT and LB
f09e9ada-3089-45c5-9e61-a37373082e40-FLGAI-120521-BillyNapierPressConference-05.jpeg

I will say, its really cringe when kids vehemently deny the crystal balls, say they will shock the world, then pick the school in which the CBS were on.

Just accept it, you got caught. Weird that they feel its so necessary to throw ppl off.

They will learn soon, best way to surprise ppl...is dont set an announcement.

Otherwise, if you set an annoucnement...it'll leak.
Carnell Tate did an interview with OSU writes where he said a lot of the CBs come from sour grapes once they inform the teams that are NOT the pick.

Think kids just start keeping coaches warm until the announcement date.

Advertisement
Carnell Tate did an interview with OSU writes where he said a lot of the CBs come from sour grapes once they inform the teams that are NOT the pick.

Think kids just start keeping coaches warm until the announcement date.
Yea probably. If you set an announcement date, it'll leak someomhow by someone.

If players want shock value, they need to just announce...no warning. No heads up to anyone. Like the old days, you just call up the HC and commit in the spot and make it public.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look I know the stance and I agree for the most part but lets not act like UCF hasn't put dudes in the league. Again are they Miami, no not even close but if he has his mom and girlfriend from all reports wanting him to stay home some time **** is what it is. Do I want to see him here **** yes, but if we can't land him then id rather him not be at a team we will eventually be going against. I would chalk this up to a few players that end up choosing TCU over Texas, Texas Tech etc....

Local TV in Orlando actually did a piece on John Walker this morning as a segue into some coverage on UCF. They said he was UCF's highest ever recruiting commit in program history.

Advertisement
Back