2023 4* DL John Walker (Commits to UCF)

Advertisement
This young man knew he wanted to play big time college ball. Where do you think the failure lies on his transcript issue? Coaches, parents or him?

The lil **** energy in this fanbase is sickening.
Has nothing to do with him not picking Miami, I know reading comprehension is difficult for most on this board. When’s the last d-lineman from UCF to be developed to the league?

You guys just look for any sort of non-pro Miami post to turn it into a mope parade, it’s hysterical. It’s not like we’re going to stop recruiting him either.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I will say, its really cringe when kids vehemently deny the crystal balls, say they will shock the world, then pick the school in which the CBS were on.

Just accept it, you got caught. Weird that they feel its so necessary to throw ppl off.

They will learn soon, best way to surprise ppl...is dont set an announcement.

Otherwise, if you set an annoucnement...it'll leak.

Advertisement
Florida never had a shot

"Walker said Florida wasn’t in the top three. He said he just didn’t feel the connection. He doesn’t plan on taking any other visits."

Weird. He was a kid that loved wearing gator gear and I’m guessing had the connection been there, he’s be all gator. What was the issue with the connection ?

He is dead serious... Y'all don't realize Mario is making a statement starting with this class. We gonna be top 3 easy before it's all said and done and 1 wouldn't surprise me in the least

I have always admired your no bs nature, and have called it like it is. But in this instance, do you mean in terms of the overall class in our eyes? Or the actual ranking on 247, etc? Because personally, I don’t see it if it’s the latter.

Don’t get me confused; I would LOVE to be wrong about this. I mean who would be mad they were incorrect about achieving a top three class? But numerically, I’m having trouble grasping the possibility.

Everything would have to go right. We’d have to have some significant bumps from some current commits. We’d have to land a ton of these guys; Hicks, M’Pemba, Sampson, Freeling, maybe both of Hykeem and ****ey, (but at least one of them + Jean if not) Bain, Harbor, Wilson, flip guys of caliber like Walker, etc. Is it impossible? **** no, not with this staff. Is it unlikely? Yeah, I personally think it’s unlikely.

This is no knock on the talent of these guys because the staff clearly loves them, but players like Kinsler and Tinalau significantly hurt the class ranking from a numerical standpoint. Now, I don’t know if we’re taking a **** ton of kids (there’s been banter back and forth regarding the class size and how many we cut after this season), because if the class size is large, then yes we’ll naturally climb higher.

I just think schools like UGA, Bama, Texas and OSU are too far out in front to surpass this year. Next year - yeah I expect to make a significant run to surpass them.

Who knows - maybe with a solid 10-2 season, we generate enough buzz to flip some of these guys and land a Top 3 class. I also understand that we as fans don’t know everything there is concerning recruiting; there’s players the staff is recruiting that we won’t hear about til the very last minute; all in all, achieving that class is absolutely not out of the picture. But, I’m just trying to be realistic. I think 5-8 is more likely, and that’s still **** impressive.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Weird. He was a kid that loved wearing gator gear and I’m guessing had the connection been there, he’s be all gator. What was the issue with the connection ?

No clue what the connection was or wasn't, but gear is free and you'll see kids sporting all kinds of stuff. A few years back, we had a soon to be commit wearing FSU and Miami stuff in Publix. I forget who it is, but that was something I never thought I'd see.

He stays local, that's pretty cool. If he changes his mind down the road, that's fine too. Usually you don't see a win like this for the little guys in state. Some will say transcripts, grades, etc and maybe that's got to do with it. He's still got a year to fix that.

Advertisement
Back