2023 3* DT Terry Simmons Jr

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Gabby says we offered this month, from Savannah GA and committed to Duke. They've been in communication for a while though

Simmons just tweeted out the offer. Based on the tweet, we've got the A team recruiting him. Coach Joe and Wright. Staff is retweeting his tweet

Advertisement
faking it applause GIF by The Orchard Films

Advertisement
Advertisement
In before someone says we’re going from 5-star kids to flipping 3-stars committed to Duke
I strongly suspect they've been recruiting him for a while (especially given Gabby's wording). This staff has been sniffing around GA for unheralded kids. First the 0 * LB and now this DT. Don't think they're caught up in the star game.

The offer list (if accurate) though isn't impressive right now but again, don't think the staff cares if they're first of the big boys to offer (ala Emory Williams)

The article mentions a DL staffer named Gary Walker who prob does a lot of additional recruiting leg work w/Southeast monsters while Coach Joe assists w/the Samoan heavies.

Sabbath Joseph has proven to be a great 1-2 with Coach Strong, let’s hope Walker is just as effective.

Advertisement
DT is another position that stars don’t matter too much. If they have the measurables and athleticism bring ‘em in!

Advertisement
If we’re looking at developmental guys, I hope we look at kids committed to Utah, Iowa State, NC State, and Baylor. Those teams seem to do well with developmental Dlinemen.

The kid 6”2 298 play at 310 his jr year plan on dropping down to 290-295 had 67 tackles, 22 TFL and 4 sacks. Have a very explosive first step. Play in weak competition due to the fact in a private school. But if the staff like him they get paid millions to evaluate so I fasho like him too. Another game winning kick return to the house on Duke 💯💯💯

Advertisement
Back