2022 WR Erriyon Knighton

Advertisement
Advertisement
In some cases, highlights make it difficult to discern the true abilities of a player. That said, he doesn't appear to be a natural receiver. Fights the ball. I bet he had several drops last season. The speed is undeniable tho. I'd consider him a pretty raw prospect at WR. Full game film could change my mind but that's what I see from those clips.

Exactly who popped into my mind when I saw this kid run. Same style, gate.

Go Canes!

I remember watching him in practice back in the day - dude was a pleasure to watch run. Floated like a gazelle out there. One of the best athletes ever to grace that uniform.

Advertisement
He's a guy you want on speed alone. With those times, I would think a powerhouse track and field program would certainly be our biggest competition. The notoriety of Olympic quality T&F athletes is huge for schools. Really wanted Schwartz, but knew our T&F qualifications would be out downfall with him. Probably this kid as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement

6'3 170lbs 4-star WR out of Tampa goes to 6A school Hillsborough.

Dual sport athlete that plays football & runs track.

Is a world class sprinter that clocked a 10.4 flat earlier this year back in February & a 10.67 last year, also clocked a 20.8 in the 200m in 2020 & 21.39 in 2019, plus a 47.3 in the 400m.

ELITE world class Olympic speed, tall long stride blazer with lightning quick breakaway speed in the open field. He's goes from 0-60 in an instant coming out of his release off the line with explosive burst & roadrunner feet, gets in & out of his breaks with suddenness. The Post route @1:25 was nice, did a good job stemming with inside leverage & creating separation at the top of the route. Is an electric playmaker with the ball in his hands, can play traditional X-WR or be moved around to the Y-Slot, dangerous home run hitter that can take the top off of the Defense & stretch the field. Dynamic return man as a KR/PR'er as well.

Has the kind of speed we missed out on with Anthony Schwartz, but reminds me of former USF WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling who was also a tall sprinter with 4.37 speed from just across the Gandy bridge in St. Petersburg.

Goes to Hillsborough which is a school that has produced some good football players & Legendary Baseball players.

- Miami DE Andrew Williams
- Miami LB Maurice Crum
- Purdue CB Anthony Brown (current Dallas Cowboy)
- USF LB Nigel Harris
- USF RB Lindsey Lamar
- USF FS JR Reed
- Syracuse RB Chris Davis
- Syracuse CB Kevin Abrams
- Illinois WR Jarred Fayson

Baseball players:

- Gary Sheffield, former Marlin, Brave, Yankee, Met etc, hit over 500 Homers, was a 9x All-Star, 5x Silver Slugger & should absolutely be a HOF'er. (Is one of my favorite players of all time, legendary swing)
- Dwight Gooden (Sheffy's Uncle), former Mets & Yankees pitcher, Cy Young winner & 4x All-star with 3 World Series championships.
- Carl Everett, former Marlin, Met, White Sox etc, 2x All-star & was pivotal power hitter for the White Sox 2005 World Series team.
- Elijah Dukes, former Rays & Nationals OF.
- Chris Ray, former Orioles pitcher.

Is a 4-star with a 92 composite rating with high upside. Will be a kid that blows up once the camp circuit resumes & he gets more eyes on his elite speed. Was just offered by UF today & will be pursued by most of the SEC schools.

Plays for Team Tampa 7v7.

Holds offers from FSU, UF, Tennessee, Iowa St & Illinois.

Is he 6'3 or 6"0

Advertisement
Back