2022 WR Erriyon Knighton

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Erriyon-Knighton-46102377/

6'3 170lbs 4-star WR out of Tampa goes to 6A school Hillsborough.

Dual sport athlete that plays football & runs track.

Is a world class sprinter that clocked a 10.4 flat earlier this year back in February & a 10.67 last year, also clocked a 20.8 in the 200m in 2020 & 21.39 in 2019, plus a 47.3 in the 400m.

ELITE world class Olympic speed, tall long stride blazer with lightning quick breakaway speed in the open field. He's goes from 0-60 in an instant coming out of his release off the line with explosive burst & roadrunner feet, gets in & out of his breaks with suddenness. The Post route @1:25 was nice, did a good job stemming with inside leverage & creating separation at the top of the route. Is an electric playmaker with the ball in his hands, can play traditional X-WR or be moved around to the Y-Slot, dangerous home run hitter that can take the top off of the Defense & stretch the field. Dynamic return man as a KR/PR'er as well.

Has the kind of speed we missed out on with Anthony Schwartz, but reminds me of former USF WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling who was also a tall sprinter with 4.37 speed from just across the Gandy bridge in St. Petersburg.

Goes to Hillsborough which is a school that has produced some good football players & Legendary Baseball players.

- Miami DE Andrew Williams
- Miami LB Maurice Crum
- Purdue CB Anthony Brown (current Dallas Cowboy)
- USF LB Nigel Harris
- USF RB Lindsey Lamar
- USF FS JR Reed
- Syracuse RB Chris Davis
- Syracuse CB Kevin Abrams
- Illinois WR Jarred Fayson

Baseball players:

- Gary Sheffield, former Marlin, Brave, Yankee, Met etc, hit over 500 Homers, was a 9x All-Star, 5x Silver Slugger & should absolutely be a HOF'er. (Is one of my favorite players of all time, legendary swing)
- Dwight Gooden (Sheffy's Uncle), former Mets & Yankees pitcher, Cy Young winner & 4x All-star with 3 World Series championships.
- Carl Everett, former Marlin, Met, White Sox etc, 2x All-star & was pivotal power hitter for the White Sox 2005 World Series team.
- Elijah Dukes, former Rays & Nationals OF.
- Chris Ray, former Orioles pitcher.

Is a 4-star with a 92 composite rating with high upside. Will be a kid that blows up once the camp circuit resumes & he gets more eyes on his elite speed. Was just offered by UF today & will be pursued by most of the SEC schools.

Plays for Team Tampa 7v7.

Holds offers from FSU, UF, Tennessee, Iowa St & Illinois.

Advertisement
With there being a lack of big time WR's in South FL for the 22 class like there is in the 21 class, he's a kid that I think we should offer & pursue. I'm certain UF, UGA & Clemson will all eventually offer & recruit him heavy, but we ought to throw our hat in the ring too.

Just off his speed alone he's a take.

Lmao Elijah Dukes was an absolute manchild. Played with him in baseball and football but what a headcase. Transferred to Hillsborough from Jefferson because he got into a heated argument with the head coach during spring practice. Told him he didnt need to practice on defense because he already knew everything about it and was only going to practice offense or leave. Was shown the door the next day. Then while at Hillsborough somehow didnt get suspended after literally picking up a desk and throwing at a teacher lol. Also threw a no hitter in baseball while walking 10 guys and giving up 3 runs lmao. One of the freakiest athletes I've ever seen tho. Was also a freakshow on the basketball court but didnt play for the schools

Curious if he will prioritize track and field in deciding where he will be playing football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmao Elijah Dukes was an absolute manchild. Played with him in baseball and football but what a headcase. Transferred to Hillsborough from Jefferson because he got into a heated argument with the head coach during spring practice. Told him he didnt need to practice on defense because he already knew everything about it and was only going to practice offense or leave. Was shown the door the next day. Then while at Hillsborough somehow didnt get suspended after literally picking up a desk and throwing at a teacher lol. Also threw a no hitter in baseball while walking 10 guys and giving up 3 runs lmao. One of the freakiest athletes I've ever seen tho. Was also a freakshow on the basketball court but didnt play for the schools
Appreciate the insight.

I know we have quite a few Tampa area posters on here, figured yall would know some of them names lol.

Advertisement
Appreciate the insight.

I know we have quite a few Tampa area posters on here, figured yall would know some of them names lol.
[/QUOTE

https://247sports.com/Player/Erriyon-Knighton-46102377/

6'3 170lbs 4-star WR out of Tampa goes to 6A school Hillsborough.

Dual sport athlete that plays football & runs track.

Is a world class sprinter that clocked a 10.4 flat earlier this year back in February & a 10.67 last year, also clocked a 20.8 in the 200m in 2020 & 21.39 in 2019, plus a 47.3 in the 400m.

ELITE world class Olympic speed, tall long stride blazer with lightning quick breakaway speed in the open field. He's goes from 0-60 in an instant coming out of his release off the line with explosive burst & roadrunner feet, gets in & out of his breaks with suddenness. The Post route @1:25 was nice, did a good job stemming with inside leverage & creating separation at the top of the route. Is an electric playmaker with the ball in his hands, can play traditional X-WR or be moved around to the Y-Slot, dangerous home run hitter that can take the top off of the Defense & stretch the field. Dynamic return man as a KR/PR'er as well.

Has the kind of speed we missed out on with Anthony Schwartz, but reminds me of former USF WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling who was also a tall sprinter with 4.37 speed from just across the Gandy bridge in St. Petersburg.

Goes to Hillsborough which is a school that has produced some good football players & Legendary Baseball players.

- Miami DE Andrew Williams
- Miami LB Maurice Crum
- Purdue CB Anthony Brown (current Dallas Cowboy)
- USF LB Nigel Harris
- USF RB Lindsey Lamar
- USF FS JR Reed
- Syracuse RB Chris Davis
- Syracuse CB Kevin Abrams
- Illinois WR Jarred Fayson

Baseball players:

- Gary Sheffield, former Marlin, Brave, Yankee, Met etc, hit over 500 Homers, was a 9x All-Star, 5x Silver Slugger & should absolutely be a HOF'er. (Is one of my favorite players of all time, legendary swing)
- Dwight Gooden (Sheffy's Uncle), former Mets & Yankees pitcher, Cy Young winner & 4x All-star with 3 World Series championships.
- Carl Everett, former Marlin, Met, White Sox etc, 2x All-star & was pivotal power hitter for the White Sox 2005 World Series team.
- Elijah Dukes, former Rays & Nationals OF.
- Chris Ray, former Orioles pitcher.

Is a 4-star with a 92 composite rating with high upside. Will be a kid that blows up once the camp circuit resumes & he gets more eyes on his elite speed. Was just offered by UF today & will be pursued by most of the SEC schools.

Plays for Team Tampa 7v7.

Holds offers from FSU, UF, Tennessee, Iowa St & Illinois.

Gary Sheffield stats are definitely HOF worthy. Character and defense is the bs keeping him out. He's got a little more time left to see if it works out. It would be a shame considering all the fkers who doped up in his era.

Advertisement
Shout out to Andrew Williams. Balled at UM.

Feeley will need a new speed gun if we get Alexis and this kid. The **** you can’t coach! All 9 routes.
Hot Take: Andrew Williams was better than McDougle. No slight to JM as he was an animal here. But if Jerome went 15th overall, a healthy Andrew Williams would've been a Top 10 pick...

Hot Take: Andrew Williams was better than McDougle. No slight to JM as he was an animal here. But if Jerome went 15th overall, a healthy Andrew Williams would've been a Top 10 pick...
I was friends with Andrew....wish I would've stayed in contact throughout the yrs...Was just talking to Jamaal Green last night online...

Advertisement
Back