2022 Roster Discussion

Saw that Kent Maeda had TJ and is estimated out 9-12 months. TJ recovery used to be 12-18 months. Has the technology improved that much or are there different grades of UCL tears?

Let's say Gates is back 10 months after his surgery on March 17, could he possibly pitch in 2022? It would be grand if he snags the 1B role so Kayfus can play RF, but having him in the bullpen would help and might allow for Palmquist to become the Friday night ace we desperately need.

Advertisement
Saw that Kent Maeda had TJ and is estimated out 9-12 months. TJ recovery used to be 12-18 months. Has the technology improved that much or are there different grades of UCL tears?

Let's say Gates is back 10 months after his surgery on March 17, could he possibly pitch in 2022? It would be grand if he snags the 1B role so Kayfus can play RF, but having him in the bullpen would help and might allow for Palmquist to become the Friday night ace we desperately need.
Everyone is different but it’s now a 10-12 month injury. 10 months if no setbacks and coming back as a reliever. Closer to 12 if experience soreness and/or a starter.

These are generalities as ~5% never make it back all the way. Some have different injuries compensating for the TJ injury and blow out over that and don’t make it back. So if you attribute those cases to TJ, it’s closer to 10% who don’t make it back from the injury to compete again.

Was with my uncle this weekend whose a MLB scout. In charge of southeast for the organization he is a part of. Specifically Florida. Says Dimare and JD would be idiots not to put Palm in starting rotation. According to his write up he has on him, he’s a MLB starter.

Just wanted to pass this along. He’ll be visiting the team soon and will get some info from him on how they look.

Hopeful that Palmquist, Walters, Ziehl, Ligon get a fair shake although I get a feeling that the robots in charge will stick with Garland, Rosario, McFarlane, Dubberly as the starters.

Hopeful that Palmquist, Walters, Ziehl, Ligon get a fair shake although I get a feeling that the robots in charge will stick with Garland, Rosario, McFarlane, Dubberly as the starters.

Rosario is our best pitcher. Him, McFarlane, and Palmquist should be the rotation. Walters has closer stuff. Ziehl and Ligon should be competing with Garland for midweek spots IMO.

This should be a really good pitching staff, especially if Gates can be part of it. And a great infield defense + Romero at C should help them out.

I just don't know if we're going to hit enough

Advertisement
Rosario is our best pitcher. Him, McFarlane, and Palmquist should be the rotation. Walters has closer stuff. Ziehl and Ligon should be competing with Garland for midweek spots IMO.

This should be a really good pitching staff, especially if Gates can be part of it. And a great infield defense + Romero at C should help them out.

I just don't know if we're going to hit enough

I think we can manufacture some hits, .... not a ton, but maybe enough.

The bigger problem, which I have been screaming about since Son of Paul took over, is that we are way too slow. Both offensively and defensively.

We need to always have the fastest 9 in the ballpark, and we are so far away from that it's unconscionable.

Advertisement
only 11.7 scholies is what hurts the program the most, not DiMare
Didn't the summer of 2020 rule change help in that regard, i.e. need-based aid and academic scholarships no longer need be counted towards the scholarship limitations?

I agree it's still not a level playing field, but let's keep recruiting and developing players that fit that criteria (a la the Del Castillo brothers, for example), and we should be competitive.

Lopez on SiriusXM this week. He runs through a lot of the newer players about seven minutes in.

Advertisement
Claim #1: "Gino nailed down one of the best recruiting classes in the country!!!'

Gino loses......

Claim #2: "Well, you know he only has 11.7 scholarships at a private school."
The 15-0 crew has gone so off the rails at this point that it’s fun to watch them talk in circles, contradict themselves constantly, and then personally attack anyone that doesn’t bow down

Advertisement
Pardon me, but rok said he no longer appears on the rooster. Not the roster.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back