2022 2022 Recruiting

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Aire might just be the shot-blocker/rim protector we so badly need. Raw on offense but even if those skills develop years out, he'd still be valuable from Day 1. I doubt any legit big man could expect more immediate PT elsewhere, what with our weakness inside.
He has all the tools from a development standpoint. Early on L’s tenure I watched him and his assistants develop raw 4/5’s into very solid players by year 3 year 4. Not sure L is here then but really want to land this guy.

Advertisement
He has all the tools from a development standpoint. Early on L’s tenure I watched him and his assistants develop raw 4/5’s into very solid players by year 3 year 4. Not sure L is here then but really want to land this guy.
From the scouting, Aire seems further along at this stage than Jekiri or Izundu. They, as you recall, developed nicely!

Advertisement
Advertisement
A simple twitter search yields all kinds of fun information:

Probably isn't a great sign that Jim had to be shamed into recruiting a legit 4 star who plays a position we've needed for about 5 years, but w/e.

Could it be possible that L simply had other big men higher up the list and once those guys came off the board the connection with Watson led to an increase in attention to Aire? The old man is about done but not everything is a clear indication of not trying.

Advertisement
LOL at you guys buying into a Hoya fan site's griping and then say L got 'shamed' into recruiting Aire. We were already on him when Watson committed and he then said he would try to recruit Aire to join him at Miami. FWIW if we land him tomorrow, we'd have the #16 class according to 24/7, ranked ahead of UF and FSU.

Advertisement
Back