2022 QB Braedyn Locke

Advertisement
Advertisement
Be interesting to see him this year. Had the best WR in the country last year now at Ohio State and his team lost their head coach, who was an offensive whiz.

Talented kid, and fearless. From what I understand he is young for his grade, also. I’m ready to see what it looks like next year for him.

On Lashlee:

"Me and him have developed a pretty good relationship over the past few months," Locke said. "Throughout quarantine, we were talking regularly. Pretty much every week. He was just telling me what they like to do and then we were just discussing my life trying to get to know each other."

"I think Coach Lashlee is honestly one of the best. I think he's a winner. I think he knows how to win at that level and that's honestly something that's really means a lot to me. "

Advertisement
Virtual visit?

I thought the dead period was extended to August 31?
1593477135561.png

Kid is a stud... I wonder who Lashlee locks onto and makes his main target in the 2022 class.
He’s gonna shoot from half court at Quinn Ewers but realistically that’s going to be Ut, A&M, bama type of battle which actually kind of work out because then he can circle back and try to reel in cade klubnik or Locke.

Update from 247:

LOVED his visit. Whole family really liked the campus, the surrounding community, etc. They also went fishing down in the Keys.
“I think Miami is such a great place because, you know, whatever you want to do is right there," Locke said. You got the beach, you got downtown Miami, you got the keys. Everything is so close and I feel like you can’t really get bored.”

His family also enjoyed the trip and despite Miami being away from home, Locke believes that the university provides a lot of the things he’s looking for.

“My family, they seemed to really enjoy it,” Locke said. “It’s far from home, but it’s a place that really has a lot of interest from me and my family just because of everything that’s there. It’s super pretty. I just think a lot of the boxes that you check for a college, I think Miami checks a lot of those.”

On the field, Locke feels like the two are on the same page. He is impressed by the way Lashlee used quarterback Nick Marshall while at Auburn and Shane Buchele while at SMU, noting his ability to adapt to the strength of the quarterback, which is something that Locke values. " For me, coach Lashlee is a guy that can really win with whatever he’s got and he’s going to play to the quarterback's strength and I think that’s how I’ve been brought up at Rockwall. I think that’s the best way to coach.”

Wants to get back to campus as soon as he can to meet with staff in person, etc.

Locke is pegged as the No. 14 pro-style quarterback in the Class of 2022.

As a sophomore, the District 11-6A Newcomer of the Year threw for 4,231 yards and 52 touchdowns with only nine interceptions.

Advertisement
We should try and look this kid up before he becomes a high end 4 star after his junior season. We can always take 2 QBs if a guy like Jaccuri or someone wants in

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back