2022 NFL Draft: Top 32 Pro Prospects First Look

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/04/2022-nfl-draft-top-32-pro-prospects-first-look

Posted 3 days ago so the most up to date rankings you can find. Spoiler but who would've thought that 2 star recruit from North Carolina would be slotted right behind Evan Neal on draft boards at this point in his career??? Also you'll be shocked to see where they have Bubba Bolden on the list :sideeyes:

A few months back I was debating with one of the many dummies on this site who constantly whine that Miami will never "be back" if it continues to lose battles for 5 stars to Bama. I pointed out that Miami's historical success was not built on outrecruiting Bama and bag schools for 5 star players, it was built on finding the under-the-radar prospects who might a year or two to develop, then turn into top draft picks in year 3 and 4. The problem is that a sizeable percentage of the fanbase are impatient morons who want to kick a kid to the curb because he isn't an all-american his freshman year or gets put on the field before he's ready and looks terrible. To prove this point, I bet the dummy that 2 star Zion Nelson would end up being a higher draft pick than 5 star Alex Leatherwood (looking like a 2nd rounder now). Of course, the dummy thought this was outrageous and there was zero chance of that happening. I'm not going to call the dummy out by name, but you know who you are.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He has not shown anything to merit being a Top 8 player in CFB ever, not even remotely close. To say otherwise is homerism. Like I said I hope he shows out, but to this point that ranking is a joke.
Did I say top 8 in my post? I said first round potential. Which he absolutely possess because we saw glimpses of it with our own eyes AND he will have better coaching. Again, if it were Gurvan Hall or DJ Ivey, I would laugh that list off this site because we have never seen any glimpses of that ability from either. We saw it with Bubba B..

Did I say top 8 in my post? I said first round potential. Which he absolutely possess because we saw glimpses of it with our own eyes AND he will have better coaching. Again, if it were Gurvan Hall or DJ Ivey, I would laugh that list off this site because we have never seen any glimpses of that ability from either. We saw it with Bubba B..
Still a huge reach, but hope you are right.

/he's not going Round 1

Advertisement
A few months back I was debating with one of the many dummies on this site who constantly whine that Miami will never "be back" if it continues to lose battles for 5 stars to Bama. I pointed out that Miami's historical success was not built on outrecruiting Bama and bag schools for 5 star players, it was built on finding the under-the-radar prospects who might a year or two to develop, then turn into top draft picks in year 3 and 4. The problem is that a sizeable percentage of the fanbase are impatient morons who want to kick a kid to the curb because he isn't an all-american his freshman year or gets put on the field before he's ready and looks terrible. To prove this point, I bet the dummy that 2 star Zion Nelson would end up getting higher draft pick than 5 star Alex Leatherwood (looking like a 2nd rounder now). Of course, the dummy thought this was outrageous and there was zero chance of that happening. I'm not going to call the dummy out by name, but you know who you are.
After that UF game Zions TF year I would have shot him myself. I have never seen worse OL play in my life than that night. He has really turned it around as has the entire OL it appears. Great turn of events.

Karlaftks is a UM legacy. Bummer we didn’t try harder there.
From what I remember, we had about a good of a shot as we did with the Bosa brothers. Translation: 0%. He was going to Purdue signed, sealed and delivered. I dont even think the kid even came on our campus to even get a brochure! lol

Advertisement
Karlaftks is a UM legacy. Bummer we didn’t try harder there.

Miami did try really hard. His dad was also a Purdue alum and his family had deep ties to the school. Also, his dad hated football even though he was a Cane- he suffered a severe head injury once and didn't want his kids to risk their brains for football games. He didn't want his kids to play the game at all. So going to a "football school" wasn't a strong consideration when George decided he wanted to play- he just liked playing football for fun (so W/L record wasn't a deciding factor) and was looking for a good engineering program. After his dad died, his priority was staying close to home. Despite offers from basically every school in the country, the only other two schools that were even in the running were Michigan and Notre Dame since both were close to home. There was no bouncing around, he was a hard commit to Purdue and didn't waver after that.

Last edited:
I’d say BB has the best instincts on the team. Last year was his bag szn, and yeah, he f*cked that up. This year I can see him playing at a high level consistently.

Bubba was playing like the best safety in the country in the first half of 2020, and he wasn't even a full-time starter. He's the man back there now. He's an all-American in 2021.
LOL. Only at Miami could a player who was the best at their position in the country (which he was not) not be a full-time starter.

I never saw him as an elite safety, but still, thats so Miami like. Like Patchan playing over Rousseau

Advertisement
Miami did try really hard. His dad was also a Purdue alum and his family had deep ties to the school. Also, his dad hated football even though he was a Cane- he suffered a severe head injury once and didn't want his kids to risk their brains for football games. He didn't want his kids to play the game at all. So going to a "football school" wasn't a strong consideration when George decided he wanted to play. He wanted football and a good engineering program. After his dad died, his priority was staying close to home. Despite offers from basically every school in the country, the only other two schools that were even in the running were Michigan and Notre Dame since both were close to home. There was no bouncing around, he was a hard commit to Purdue and didn't waver after that.
His high school is literally across the street from Purdue's campus so hard to be that

It's a weak class and Bolden has the play speed and versatility to rise up boards. Anything higher than late 1st is unlikely but if he has great year of film it's not out of the question.

Agree that Jordan made a mistake declaring. Guys argued with me on here but he still had lots to prove and could've been TE1 in this weak class.

2023 draft is gonna be a big one.
Play another year, maybe get hurt for 1st round vs 2nd round now? I'd take the money all day, doesn't seem like a mistake to me.

From what I remember, we had about a good of a shot as we did with the Bosa brothers. Translation: 0%. He was going to Purdue signed, sealed and delivered. I dont even think the kid even came on our campus to even get a brochure! lol
He visited a few times and was at paradise but yes you are correct on him being a lock for Purdue. He did not want to leave home.

Advertisement
Miami did try really hard. His dad was also a Purdue alum and his family had deep ties to the school. Also, his dad hated football even though he was a Cane- he suffered a severe head injury once and didn't want his kids to risk their brains for football games. He didn't want his kids to play the game at all. So going to a "football school" wasn't a strong consideration when George decided he wanted to play- he just liked playing football for fun (so W/L record wasn't a deciding factor) and was looking for a good engineering program. After his dad died, his priority was staying close to home. Despite offers from basically every school in the country, the only other two schools that were even in the running were Michigan and Notre Dame since both were close to home. There was no bouncing around, he was a hard commit to Purdue and didn't waver after that.
This is correct. Miami shot their shot but there was about 0.1% chance of him leaving his hometown.

Play another year, maybe get hurt for 1st round vs 2nd round now? I'd take the money all day, doesn't seem like a mistake to me.
We'll see where he lands. There's a big difference in opportunity and long-term outlook as a 1st rounder vs late 2nd/early 3rd. It's not just about the rookie signing bonus.

Someone knows something because I have seen way too many 2022 prospect lists/mock drafts with Zion going in the 1st round. So scouts have their eye on him thats for **** sure.
He showed improvement and had a solid true soph year but they don’t know isht about him an an nfl prospect at this point. Imo.

Great summary. Thank you.

Advertisement
Back