2022 DT Shone Washington As A Miami Recuit

Paranos

All-ACC
This Gorilla of a young man needed his own thread! He has the mentality and demeanor you want in an interior dlinemen, he enjoys that inside smash mouth football of simply whooping the players in front of you.

2022 Louisiana DT Shone Washington is attending Paradise Camp as part of a college camp tour him a group of other Louisiana players are doing to raise their recruiting profiles. Washington is a big bodied DT with violent hands and natural power to hold his ground combined with very good short area athleticism. He would be a steal for Miami, but I am thinking if he did get a commitable UM offer, then committed that a $EC late offer would flip him. So this recruit would be a very high risk high reward recruit, but as it's said scared money don't make money.

Freshman year playing varsity as a 4* prospect.

He sat out his sophomore year because he was ineligible as a result of transfering high schools.

Junior season

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
He apparently already has plenty of Sec offers. Decommitted from LSU in January, offers also from Bama, Georgia, A&M, Tennessee, Florida, etc.

Maybe the kid wants to get out of the Boot. Definitely gotta shoot your shot with him either way.

The problem is not shooting our shot to get a UM commitment, it's holding on for dear life once the $EC Bagman come; I am talking even 2nd tier $EC Bagman apprentices in training.

Go Canes

War Daddy.

Consistently rag dolls the G in front of him. Excellent against the run. I didn't see any pass moves. He has power and size. Right now he looks like a two-down DT but if he develops pass rush moves he could be scary. A lot for coaches to work with.

You were saying!

I told ya'll he had violent hands. This last August, he has spent the last 10 months working on his technique.

He even works with a chiropractor to improve his flexibility.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
He apparently already has plenty of Sec offers. Decommitted from LSU in January, offers also from Bama, Georgia, A&M, Tennessee, Florida, etc.

Maybe the kid wants to get out of the Boot. Definitely gotta shoot your shot with him either way.
He has had those offers since last spring 2020, but with most universities resetting their recrutiing boards post covid19 shut down, Washington is touring the $EC camp circuit to get reoffered with committable offers before the next dead period.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Shone Washington won dline MVP at the Under Armour Dallas camp which had a loaded list of deep south talent, yet the media coverage was none existent for him other a footnote mention in the MVP picture. There was more buzz about Bear Alexander performance than the actual dline MVP.

Go Canes

Shone Washington was at the IMG oline camp back in Dec 2020.

He comes in at the 3:50 mark in the video, where he is going against 2023 OG Dylan Senda from Michigan, then 2022 OG Elijiah Miller from Miami Central. Based on this video you can see the size and power is there for Washington but he needs to work on his Technique badly because his muscle memory is set to a bull rush default, then he executes secondary moves poorly. But I will say when he got to the Dallas UA Camp 3 months later he most have improved his techinique because he was able to win DL MVP.

Should be an interesting rematch between OG Miller and DT Washington at Paradise Camp.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back