2022 DT Jordan Phillips receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6'3 260lbs DT out of Orange County, goes to 8A school Ocoee.

Was originally at Olympia then transferred to Ocoee.

He's a big strong kid with versatility in his game, plays all along the DLine at 3-tech, 1-tech, 5-tech, 0-tech NG. Had 11TFL's & 3 sacks moving all over the line. Has a good motor, the play @1:40 on his tape shows he's good in pursuit, came all the way to the other side of the field on the opposite hashes from the backside & still got to the runner. Kid is a very good run defender for his age, understands to engage with lineman & set the edge in contain.

And what I like about him the most, he's a wrestler. Bring me as many kids that Wrestle & play football as possible.

Miami is his first offer.

Advertisement
Saw this just before. Looks **** Field is Hitting O town.

1579801465501.png

6'3 260lbs DT out of Orange County, goes to 8A school Ocoee.

Was originally at Olympia then transferred to Ocoee.

He's a big strong kid with versatility in his game, plays all along the DLine at 3-tech, 1-tech, 5-tech, 0-tech NG. Had 11TFL's & 3 sacks moving all over the line. Has a good motor, the play @1:40 on his tape shows he's good in pursuit, came all the way to the other side of the field on the opposite hashes from the backside & still got to the runner. Kid is a very good run defender for his age, understands to engage with lineman & set the edge in contain.

And what I like about him the most, he's a wrestler. Bring me as many kids that Wrestle & play football as possible.

Miami is his first offer.

Amen on the wrestler thing. Especially for interior limemen but good for any position -- can we say Ray Lewis. I like who he seems to favor tackling everyone and throwing out the ones without the ball.

headed to states for wrestling. picked up a michigan offer in December. Someone to keep an eye on....close to Coach Ish's area.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ocoee (Fla.) three-star defensive lineman Jordan Phillips got his first look at Miami on Friday morning as he toured campus and went through some positional drills before leaving campus.

Things went well.

"Miami is up there. I'm not going to lie," Phillips told 247Sports. "I love Coach [Jess] Simpson man. He's just a great dude. He's a technician. He was really evaluating me, so he was putting me through drills just trying to see my get off and all that. Just real good vibes. Afterwards I took pictures with some jerseys and stuff like that. They said that they were really impressed with me and that they liked how I performed. That was cool."

There was a time when Phillips was planning to take official visits to a number of different schools over the next few weeks, but that's no longer the case as new offers from both Georgia and Tennessee have him thinking a bit.

"Right now I only have Maryland set up," Phillips said when pressed about official visits. "Hopefully I get to set up an official with Miami. We'll just see how it goes. I'm still going to camps and stuff like that. I know that Georgia just offered me, so I think I will eventually get back there."

Phillips quickly added that he doesn't want to rush into making a decision.

"I'm just taking everything day by day," Phillips said. "I really love all the love that I'm getting."

While Phillips maintains that everyone is running even in his recruitment right now, some inside the recruiting industry think that Michigan might hold the inside track to eventually landing Phillips' signature after he made the trek up to Ann Arbor on his own last month during the temporary dead period.

"I know I'm supposed to be going up [to Michigan] sometime during the season that way I get the real vibe for it," Phillips said.

Phillips is listed at 6-foot-2, 300 pounds. He is coming off a junior season in which he totaled 71 tackles and five sacks in just eight games. The nation's No. 57-ranked defensive lineman per 247Sports also excels on the wrestling mat and qualified for the Sunshine State's 3A state tournament back in March. Phillips placed at the state weightlifting meet in April, as well.

Ocoee (Fla.) three-star defensive lineman Jordan Phillips got his first look at Miami on Friday morning as he toured campus and went through some positional drills before leaving campus.

Things went well.

"Miami is up there. I'm not going to lie," Phillips told 247Sports. "I love Coach [Jess] Simpson man. He's just a great dude. He's a technician. He was really evaluating me, so he was putting me through drills just trying to see my get off and all that. Just real good vibes. Afterwards I took pictures with some jerseys and stuff like that. They said that they were really impressed with me and that they liked how I performed. That was cool."

There was a time when Phillips was planning to take official visits to a number of different schools over the next few weeks, but that's no longer the case as new offers from both Georgia and Tennessee have him thinking a bit.

"Right now I only have Maryland set up," Phillips said when pressed about official visits. "Hopefully I get to set up an official with Miami. We'll just see how it goes. I'm still going to camps and stuff like that. I know that Georgia just offered me, so I think I will eventually get back there."

"I'm just taking everything day by day," Phillips said. "I really love all the love that I'm getting."

While Phillips maintains that everyone is running even in his recruitment right now, some inside the recruiting industry think that Michigan might hold the inside track to eventually landing Phillips' signature after he made the trek up to Ann Arbor on his own last month during the temporary dead period.

"I know I'm supposed to be going up [to Michigan] sometime during the season that way I get the real vibe for it," Phillips said.

Phillips is listed at 6-foot-2, 300 pounds. He is coming off a junior season in which he totaled 71 tackles and five sacks in just eight games. The nation's No. 57-ranked defensive lineman per 247Sports also excels on the wrestling mat and qualified for the Sunshine State's 3A state tournament back in March. Phillips placed at the state weightlifting meet in April, as well.
Need to get at least 2 of Tarber, Lyons Phillips at DT.

Advertisement

Things went well.

Thx for sharing.

Go Canes

Advertisement
DT Jordan Phillips Junior Season from 2020 at Ocoee HS in Ocoee, FL just a few miles west of Orlando, FL.

Go Canes

Good Gouda, what a freak inside. Saw some HL’s he was double or triple teamed and still made the tackle. Let’s hope Simpson is on him hard. We could use his quick twitch presence alongside LT.

Advertisement
Back