NFL Draft 2022 Draft Discussion and post draft free agency

Skylar Thompson was a late 7th round pick. He’s a camp arm, a guy who likely doesn’t make the team, but may be 3rd on the depth chart. He will be 25 years old when the season starts and had a good pro day. Who else are you taking there that you can’t sign as a UFDA?

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks Diaz got a raw deal or didn't get enough time to succeed needs to look at this draft. Even Al Golden in his worst seasons, under the Shapiro cloud, still had 6-7 players drafted. Diaz recruited the defense for 7 years. We got one drafted in the 7th.
I still can't figure what possesed James Franklin to hire Manny Diaz as Penn State's new DC.

Can't coach defense.

Can't evaluate and recruit.

Advertisement
i thought Rambo played pretty slow with his separation coming from getting into the body of small corners and using the momentum to get free. Pretty **** good player ball in the air though and a great player for us. Hope he finds a niche somewhere and congrats for Ford.

Also F diaz

Hard case to make that So Fla HS talent is as good across the board as it once was. Or, are we putting it ALL on Manny and his staff's inability to develop players once here.

Advertisement
It is sad and also worries me about next season. Rambo was far and away UMs best receiver and he may not even get drafted. What does that say about the rest of our WR corps? TVDs talent is going to waste. Have to pray that 2-3 quality WRs hit the portal soon.

I suppose the good news is Hedley is returning to be UMs punter, maybe he can pull a Brian Monroe and get some reps at WR.
Its been like that for awhile tho no? When have we had gamebreaking talent at WR? We had transfers from Buffalo where they were #2 option come to miami and snatch starting spot on Day 1?!!!!!! AT MIAMI!!! And still cant address position.. Guys can transfer in and just snatch gigs easy, none of those guys have shown game changer ability, its the reason we still living in portal..

1 draft pick... 1.... Wow.... All I can say about the Mark Richt /Manny Diaz era is....
Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Felt like Rambo would be late round pick at best. Not sure why he wouldn’t stay for an NIL deal & try to win. Seems like such a Miami choice.

Advertisement
Back