NFL Draft 2022 Draft Discussion and post draft free agency

This is a hella low moment in Hurricanes draft history.

How many ST guys have now been drafted before the 1st Cane? 3??! How many FCS players have drafted before a Cane player? The NFL draft is an indication of the task that Mario & staff have on their hands. Besides bags, as I’ve been stating for yrs on this board, guys r not coming to Miami to be drafted on day 3, definitely not round 5 or beyond.

Have to change this narrative, immediately
If we see a Cane drafted I'd be pleasantly surprised. We have a lot of UDFA talent.

Advertisement

How many ST guys have now been drafted before the 1st Cane? 3??! How many FCS players have drafted before a Cane player? The NFL draft is an indication of the task that Mario & staff have on their hands. Besides bags, as I’ve been stating for yrs on this board, guys r not coming to Miami to be drafted on day 3, definitely not round 5 or beyond.

You beat me to it by a minute. I can't even watch this as I have no desire to drink anymore and I'd be face down by now if I did or my skull would completely explode.

This can never, ever happen again.

Advertisement
Man I remember Kelvin Harris saying they would be 15-17 people drafted from this team. We overrate our talent too much. But a lot of these kids would have been better off with a different coaching staff. This is the result of three to four years of Manny Diaz and his marry band of frauds coaching you up.

Advertisement
Mario has a colossal rebuild on his hands. Respect to Cincy. They recruited and developed a ton of low rated guys and turned them into solid players. Mario is going to have to take the same approach. We can’t live off the portal forever.

Nowhere to go but up

Advertisement
Sam Howell to Washington is interesting for Howell...at some point he'll get a shot to start...after that, its all up to him, but in Washington, he'll get a shot and thats all you need to ask for sometimes.

Advertisement
I think we have struggled to recruit guys that would be great college players but not necessarily NFL guys, so the draft isn’t always the end all be all indicator of talent

But

Impossible to ever defend our recruiting and evals when the only two hopefuls we have here are portal guys and we might get shut out (Rambo will be a steal for someone)

I suppose the good news is that it took us getting to rock bottom for the entire program to repair it

Cheers to a much brighter future ahead gentlemen

1651349949060.gif

Advertisement
Back