2022 DE Shemar Stewart receives offer

Advertisement
With the amount of d-ends available for 2022 is it possible we can get 3 or 4?
Hope we don't fall back into the over-recruit under-recruit oscillating cycle we've been in the past 20 years. Taking 4 DEs in a year is just a recipe for roster headache in most instances. Someone transfers out because they're behind, the next year's class is weak because 'logjam', and you're back in a bind in 2 years. 3 DEs should be fine in a big year if we recruit well. 2 is minimum anyhow. There's always a kid who looks like a 'could grow into a DT' who you can think about at that spot. 5-6 DL / year and 4 OL (9-10 total) is the right number.

Advertisement
Hope we don't fall back into the over-recruit under-recruit oscillating cycle we've been in the past 20 years. Taking 4 DEs in a year is just a recipe for roster headache in most instances. Someone transfers out because they're behind, the next year's class is weak because 'logjam', and you're back in a bind in 2 years. 3 DEs should be fine in a big year if we recruit well. 2 is minimum anyhow. There's always a kid who looks like a 'could grow into a DT' who you can think about at that spot. 5-6 DL / year and 4 OL (9-10 total) is the right number.
Hopefully having DEs drafted high helps with next years batch but everyone will be coming after them too.Yesterday Kenyata Jackson got a cb to OSU and he was considered a cane lean by most.Hopefully we can get 2 or 3 good one but they will be uphill battles against all the bag schools.

Hopefully having DEs drafted high helps with next years batch but everyone will be coming after them too.Yesterday Kenyata Jackson got a cb to OSU and he was considered a cane lean by most.Hopefully we can get 2 or 3 good one but they will be uphill battles against all the bag schools.
If we do our job right it shouldn't be an uphill battle everywhere. Staying home, playing for the hometown team, getting to NFL (our DEs do that well), it's an attractive situation. If we can't offer anything remotely competitive, that's the fault of our boosters. I get it bags for some top 5* kids but I don't see OSU or Alabama needing to go to So Fla for DL. CBs, sure.

If we do our job right it shouldn't be an uphill battle everywhere. Staying home, playing for the hometown team, getting to NFL (our DEs do that well), it's an attractive situation. If we can't offer anything remotely competitive, that's the fault of our boosters. I get it bags for some top 5* kids but I don't see OSU or Alabama needing to go to So Fla for DL. CBs, sure.
Shemar is different bro...

He’s gonna get Cam Newton type money offers & you can never underestimate what other programs do when it comes to recruiting our local Elite players, it’s never about need, they rarely ever need to get players from South FL, they just do it because they can as a means to establish their dominance on the trail.

Landing a kid like Shemar would be even bigger & harder than landing Leonard Taylor, trust me when I tell you, if we get him it’ll be nothing short of a miracle from Heaven if he turned down the astronomical bags that LSU, Bama, Oh ST, Clemson, UF & UGA will offer.

He’s gonna get Cam Newton type money offers & you can never underestimate what other programs do when it comes to recruiting our local Elite players, it’s never about need, they rarely ever need to get players from South FL, they just do it because they can as a means to establish their dominance on the trail.

Landing a kid like Shemar would be even bigger & harder than landing Leonard Taylor, trust me when I tell you, if we get him it’ll be nothing short of a miracle from Heaven if he turned down the astronomical bags that LSU, Bama, Oh ST, Clemson, UF & UGA will offer.
welp i guess i won't follow this kids recruitment hahahha.

Advertisement

I hear you re stewart but the comment I responded to was re Kenyata jackson.

btw., our boosters should step up for stewart and establish a bit of we will defend our house type trail stuff.

And this is why miami has to take a chance on a local 5* like Lewis and hope for the best because we lose way,way more of these battles than we win.It's extremely early but it seems we're trailing for Stewart and K.Jackson,top 2 local DEs.Dante Anderson seems like a more realistic target,he's a smaller DE than the other 2.

And this is why miami has to take a chance on a local 5* like Lewis and hope for the best because we lose way,way more of these battles than we win.It's extremely early but it seems we're trailing for Stewart and K.Jackson,top 2 local DEs.Dante Anderson seems like a more realistic target,he's a smaller DE than the other 2.
We need to win. We need to evaluate better. We need to be competitive ('in the game') for top kids. If we can't figure out how to do that, we're going to be relegated to fluffer.

Advertisement

I mentioned 3-4 or because usually one or two of them aren't physically ready and needs a redshirt.

We’re actually in a good spot for Kenyatta Jackson, the early CB to Oh St is premature, with the way Oh St is recruiting for the 22 class there’s a good chance he might not even be a take for them in the long run.

He’s at Chaminade which is a feeder school for Miami, coach Dame Jones loves Miami & always pushes his best players to us, we’ll have several of his teammates on roster for next year, that recruitment will simply come down to how we eval him & where we place him as far as need. Basically, if we push hard enough we’ll get’em.

I wouldn’t worry much about Kenyatta’s recruitment this early, we good in that one.

Advertisement
I mentioned 3-4 or because usually one or two of them aren't physically ready and needs a redshirt.
I'm fine with 3. 4 seems like too many and will cost us at DE and elsewhere.

If we're expecting significant true frosh contributions from any DEs, we're in a world of hurt. That happens rarely.

Assuming we need to leave an IC open each year for a transfer at a need spot, we can only take 24 kids a cycle.

Your 24 kids needs to spread around. You need a QB, 1-2 RBs, a TE, a few WRs, 4 OL, a K every other year. That's 11-12 kids on O. So I have 12-13 defensive spots. Gotta have 5 DBs in this day and age, and 2-3 LBs, so you have 5 DL spots, give or take. That breaks down into 3 DEs and 2 DTs regularly. If you take a 6th DL, it's more effectively used for another DT, IMO. No need to take more than 3 DEs because the 4th kid won't be the one who gives you early minutes and you'll just be setting your roster up for a log-jam, transfer(s) and a bad recruiting year next cycle (because kids see the logjam).

We've seen this team over-recruits spots and it rarely works. We need 3 DEs next year, and we just have to pick well, IMO.

I'm fine with 3. 4 seems like too many and will cost us at DE and elsewhere.

If we're expecting significant true frosh contributions from any DEs, we're in a world of hurt. That happens rarely.

Assuming we need to leave an IC open each year for a transfer at a need spot, we can only take 24 kids a cycle.

Your 24 kids needs to spread around. You need a QB, 1-2 RBs, a TE, a few WRs, 4 OL, a K every other year. That's 11-12 kids on O. So I have 12-13 defensive spots. Gotta have 5 DBs in this day and age, and 2-3 LBs, so you have 5 DL spots, give or take. That breaks down into 3 DEs and 2 DTs regularly. If you take a 6th DL, it's more effectively used for another DT, IMO. No need to take more than 3 DEs because the 4th kid won't be the one who gives you early minutes and you'll just be setting your roster up for a log-jam, transfer(s) and a bad recruiting year next cycle (because kids see the logjam).

We've seen this team over-recruits spots and it rarely works. We need 3 DEs next year, and we just have to pick well, IMO.
Do you watch football from other conferences??

All teams worth a lick HAVE to mix in underclassmen because of the portal

Do you watch football from other conferences??

All teams worth a lick HAVE to mix in underclassmen because of the portal
What does that even mean? There's nothing new about 25 ICs or 85 roster numbers. The portal isn't this new big deal people make it out to be. It's just a centralized way to transfer. Teams have been playing underclassmen for ages and will continue to. Not because of the portal. Because some kids are good enough and all else being near equal it's a good way to market your program.

Is it a talent thing or is there more to it? Cuz LT seems like a truly elite physical talent, but he did make it known that he wasn’t leaving the state early which may have made the bag schools figure it wasn’t worth it.

Advertisement
Back