2022 DE Shemar Stewart receives offer

I can tell you for a fact that Miami is recruiting him hard, he just may not be receptive to us right now.

He's an elite 5-star & the #1 ranked player in his class, odds are short of us winning a Natty there's not much we can do to actually get him to sign with us when the time comes. Players of his caliber especially from South FL almost exclusively sign with SEC programs & you know for a fact he'll be offered insane amounts of money.

With that being said, all we can do is have the best season we can possible, hopefully Rousseau has another big year, he'll declare & hopefully get drafted in the 1st round & that will be our best bargaining chip.

Also, the 22 class will be the first class where it's not against the rules to essentially use marketing & licensing for individual players as the NCAA passed the rule that players can basically get paid now & IIRC that becomes effective in 2021, so maybe we wise up & offer this kid a lucrative business deal, probably won't but who knows.

Ultimately, the odds of him signing with Miami are slim just based on his ranking & our recent history with recruiting failures, so it's probably best fans not even pay attention to a kid like Stewart until December of next year.

The 22 class is the Deepest DE class there has been in decades locally, we probably won't get Stewart but there's at least 2-3 others we can get & it's still not out of the question that we get Shemar, it's just not likely.

I think bearing a miracle we all know how this plays out

Advertisement
I can tell you for a fact that Miami is recruiting him hard, he just may not be receptive to us right now.

He's an elite 5-star & the #1 ranked player in his class, odds are short of us winning a Natty there's not much we can do to actually get him to sign with us when the time comes. Players of his caliber especially from South FL almost exclusively sign with SEC programs & you know for a fact he'll be offered insane amounts of money.

With that being said, all we can do is have the best season we can possible, hopefully Rousseau has another big year, he'll declare & hopefully get drafted in the 1st round & that will be our best bargaining chip.

Also, the 22 class will be the first class where it's not against the rules to essentially use marketing & licensing for individual players as the NCAA passed the rule that players can basically get paid now & IIRC that becomes effective in 2021, so maybe we wise up & offer this kid a lucrative business deal, probably won't but who knows.

Ultimately, the odds of him signing with Miami are slim just based on his ranking & our recent history with recruiting failures, so it's probably best fans not even pay attention to a kid like Stewart until December of next year.

The 22 class is the Deepest DE class there has been in decades locally, we probably won't get Stewart but there's at least 2-3 others we can get & it's still not out of the question that we get Shemar, it's just not likely.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the new rule does prohibit using these deals for the purposes of recruiting.

There’s obviously ways around that just like SEC schools that drop bags, but I think it would be violating the rule.

Maybe you can promise certain endorsements for after signing LOI? Not quite sure where the line is drawn.

think we land Norton from Edison before the year is out..then u have Daniel Lyons and Dante Anderson who we also are after

Not worried. Whoever we get whether we get this kid or not will be productive. If there is one thing diaz can hang is hat on in recruiting evaluations and performance it’s at the end position. With that being said it would be nice to land this kid but it’s obviously going to be an immense battle

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think that changes after this year when our DE's ball out!!
For someone like this, the no 1 prospect in the nation, how our ends do will be mostly irrelevant. He'll be dominant wherever he goes (if he doesn't believe that, he's not the alpha dog we think he is). He's probably thinking he wants to include a national championship on his resume before he turns pro. For these types, we have to show we're on an upward trajectory towards one.

Shemar told Gaby Urrutia:

"It's home, it feels like family. So I got a good team, family right next to me. I got everything I need."

Coach Stroud, Diaz & Baker are recruiting him the most.

He said he wants to see us win.

My take: We're going to be in it til the finish for Shemar, we're going to recruit him just like we did with his former Pace teammate James Williams.

We have a good season & Rousseau has another big year, we'll land him.

Last edited:
Wow Liberty that would be another massive recruiting win for Stroud and Manny!!! Landing the #1 DE and what, the #2 overall player for 2022, would continue to speak volumes for Diaz and his boys. It would signal the tides are changing in Miami’s favor, and doubly that 2021 class wasn’t a fluke. That we can indeed raise our recruiting game and have done so; it would have the $EC schools shaking in their boots. It would also signal the time is over for them to just come down to SFL and throw $ at top ranked kids. The U has tradition and repping for the city to show kids. We add to that showing kids like Stewart that we’re winning on a grand scale plus putting kids into the league in the upper rounds - that all will play into us continuing this torrid pace recruiting wise across multiple classes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Shemar told Gaby Urrutia:

"It's home, it feels like family. So I got a good team, family right next to me. I got everything I need."

Coach Stroud, Diaz & Baker are recruiting him the most.

He said he wants to see us win.

My take: We're going to be in it til the finish for Shemar, we're going to recruit him just like we did with his former Pace teammate James Williams.

We have a good season & Rousseau has another big year, we'll land him.
Omg please baby Jesus

Advertisement
Back