2022 DE Shemar Stewart receives offer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let’s hope we can get Stewart in the class, would be a massive get for the Canes. When he sees Rousseau and Roche eat all day I think that will give him pause to seriously think about coming on board. Our DE recruiting these last 4yrs has been up there with the elite programs in the country

CB to LSU

That’s only part of the story. It was Ivins who put the CB in, but he also reported that Stewart said the THREE programs recruiting him the best are LSU, UGA, and Ohio State. THREE!! #1 ranked player in the entire country, right in your backyard, and there’s THREE OOS schools doing a better job of recruiting him?! And it ain’t even bag season yet for 2022 kids. What a goddamned joke these dudes are.

Advertisement
That’s only part of the story. It was Ivins who put the CB in, but he also reported that Stewart said the THREE programs recruiting him the best are LSU, UGA, and Ohio State. THREE!! #1 ranked player in the entire country, right in your backyard, and there’s THREE OOS schools doing a better job of recruiting him?! And it ain’t even bag season yet for 2022 kids. What a goddamned joke these dudes are.

Don’t believe everything kids say to reporters.

Mimai was first big school to offer him back in Early 2019.

He has camped multiple times at Miami, visited several times.

I don’t think he has even visited LSU or Ohio State.

He could just be saying that because those are the schools he's interested in.

He said lsu, uga, and osu has done the best job of recruiting him so far

kids aren’t always honest, it’s June 2020 for a kid that can’t sign at the earliest Dec. 2021 (18 months) so I wouldn’t worry. If he start winning a lot will be in our favor. That being said wouldn’t doubt if our staff on D is lazy recruiting

Advertisement
If you don’t think our staff isn’t all over him you’re crazy. He’s young and impressionable and we’re not impressionable to kids his age. We need our ends to eat and win big. This is why I say that time is running out in this program. We don’t turn this around and we’ve lost a generation of canes fans.
Kids that are 13-14 and blowing up will have parents that weren’t around when we were relevant and only remember mediocrity.

Advertisement
He literally says that in his article.

This isn’t about the CB. It’s the fact that 3 schools are doing the best job recruiting him, and Miami isn’t one of them.
I can tell you for a fact that Miami is recruiting him hard, he just may not be receptive to us right now.

He's an elite 5-star & the #1 ranked player in his class, odds are short of us winning a Natty there's not much we can do to actually get him to sign with us when the time comes. Players of his caliber especially from South FL almost exclusively sign with SEC programs & you know for a fact he'll be offered insane amounts of money.

With that being said, all we can do is have the best season we can possible, hopefully Rousseau has another big year, he'll declare & hopefully get drafted in the 1st round & that will be our best bargaining chip.

Also, the 22 class will be the first class where it's not against the rules to essentially use marketing & licensing for individual players as the NCAA passed the rule that players can basically get paid now & IIRC that becomes effective in 2021, so maybe we wise up & offer this kid a lucrative business deal, probably won't but who knows.

Ultimately, the odds of him signing with Miami are slim just based on his ranking & our recent history with recruiting failures, so it's probably best fans not even pay attention to a kid like Stewart until December of next year.

The 22 class is the Deepest DE class there has been in decades locally, we probably won't get Stewart but there's at least 2-3 others we can get & it's still not out of the question that we get Shemar, it's just not likely.

He literally says that in his article.

This isn’t about the CB. It’s the fact that 3 schools are doing the best job recruiting him, and Miami isn’t one of them.
He probably isn't feeling us, I don't think we're being non chalant with a premier player at a position we recruit well at.

Advertisement
Back