2022 DE Nyjalik Kelly receives offer (COMMITS)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why do we invite big time prospects to these types of games. How does this benefit us when it’s going to be a tiny crowd. In my mind the negatives out weigh the positives especially with the stigma that no one goes to Miami games. That will be on full display Saturday

Advertisement
Why do we invite big time prospects to these types of games. How does this benefit us when it’s going to be a tiny crowd. In my mind the negatives out weigh the positives especially with the stigma that no one goes to Miami games. That will be on full display Saturday

Where does it say we invited him

Advertisement
That’s not how it works. There’s a whole section at Hard Rock Stadium specifically for recruits and player family members. If a local prospect wants to come to a game, all they have to do is ask to be put on will call. The only time players are “invited” is when they’re on official visits. I remember seeing Navaughn Donaldson there for almost every home game when he was a high school senior. You couldn’t miss him.

Also, the kid lives in Fort Lauderdale and has been a fan of the team for a while. It’s no secret that Miami rarely sells out games.

Maybe. Hope you are right. But, in my experience, when most people say their kid is going to college "AWAY FROM HOME" they don't mean across town. It is not a stretch or gross mischaracterization of her quote to say that she was referring to schools outside of South Florida.

With that said, it is a moot issue since she clarified her comment. All good. She has a great relationship with the staff and clearly wants to see her son play in person, which bodes well for us.
I don't understand the motivation and necessity to contradict any kids mom especially a potential recruit. Because of that she felt compelled to address your statement.

Advertisement
I don't understand the motivation and necessity to contradict any kids mom especially a potential recruit. Because of that she felt compelled to address your statement.
Not sure what you are talking about. I don't text, tweet or in any way communicate directly with players, recruits or family members. My comments are contained to this site and this site only. If she was compelled to respond to someone, it was certainly not in response to me.

if there are overzealous fans in the internet tweeting at her then take it up with them.

Advertisement
Back