2022 DE Nyjalik Kelly receives offer (COMMITS)

Why?

His mom went to Dillard...His whole family is from the surrounding area of Dillard and Dillard has produced more Div 1 DL than any school in south florida if we were to track it.

The fact that he was locked in at Dillard should let you know a lil bit about his recruitment or mindset
I’m glad you mentioned this because it stands out to me and it speaks well for our chances. If any public school kid had a legit excuse to transfer to a private powerhouse, it would be Kelly. But he’s staying in Fort Lauderdale and playing for the neighborhood program. I mean it helps that Dillard is taking football seriously again after falling off for a while but the kid obviously cares about his community. These days when everyone just wants to jump on the bandwagon, it’s refreshing

Advertisement
@Cribby , I entirely understand why the staff would feel good and why they aren't pushing for commitments. But do you think we will be waiting all the way to early decision day or even the all-star games for the big names to go public with their decision?
Imo it won’t go that late, regardless if they end up coming or not. Once again that’s opinion. If they end up waiting that late that’s just the price of playing big boy recruiting

I’m glad you mentioned this because it stands out to me and it speaks well for our chances. If any public school kid had a legit excuse to transfer to a private powerhouse, it would be Kelly. But he’s staying in Fort Lauderdale and playing for the neighborhood program. I mean it helps that Dillard is taking football seriously again after falling off for a while but the kid obviously cares about his community. These days when everyone just wants to jump on the bandwagon, it’s refreshing
Yup thats why i stated that as well.

Dillard at a time has been a feeder for getting kids snatched by STA and elsewhere...Braylen Ingraham (BAMA DE) was a Dillard kid recently that STA snatched.

Kelly will be a 4 yr starter for them and thats kind of uncAnny in the new age of transfer everywhere....add to mom working at Heritage that wouldve been an easy transfer...

Sheeeiiit that Heritage DL wouldve been legitimately scary as **** with:
Marvin Jones JR
Nyj Kelly
Richard Thomas (Indiana Commit)
Belizaire Bassett (Syracuse Commit)

And the 3 other kids they have that appear to be FCS Level DL currently at worst...

The staff feels good about the de board as we stand , hence why offers aren’t going out or new names popping up.

Thriving Whats Up GIF by Peloton

Yup thats why i stated that as well.

Dillard at a time has been a feeder for getting kids snatched by STA and elsewhere...Braylen Ingraham (BAMA DE) was a Dillard kid recently that STA snatched.

Kelly will be a 4 yr starter for them and thats kind of uncAnny in the new age of transfer everywhere....add to mom working at Heritage that wouldve been an easy transfer...

Sheeeiiit that Heritage DL wouldve been legitimately scary as **** with:
Marvin Jones JR
Nyj Kelly
Richard Thomas (Indiana Commit)
Belizaire Bassett (Syracuse Commit)

And the 3 other kids they have that appear to be FCS Level DL currently at worst...
The line might compete with the odd front group STA had a few years back with the Bosa brothers at end and former Cane Anthony “molten” Moten at nose. The younger Bosa was like a 265 lb sophomore.

Advertisement
This kid with 2 years of Feeley will be unstoppable.
This.

Build reminds me of a young Joe Jackson, and if we can get a more athletic version of him I'll take it everyday and twice on Sundays.

Kelly and Stewart off the edges would be championship caliber.

Imo it won’t go that late, regardless if they end up coming or not. Once again that’s opinion. If they end up waiting that late that’s just the price of playing big boy recruiting
And the luxury of the transfer portal

The line might compete with the odd front group STA had a few years back with the Bosa brothers at end and former Cane Anthony “molten” Moten at nose. The younger Bosa was like a 265 lb sophomore.
YUP IF THEY HAD KELLY.

AH has a 6'2-6'3 290 pd at dt to go with Belizarre.

And Jones, Kelly, Richard Thomas would all be 6'3 245+ on the edge.

Advertisement
The staff feels good about the de board as we stand , hence why offers aren’t going out or new names popping up.

Besides Kelly and Stewart, do you know if the staff still keeping in touch with kids like Dante Anderson and Keahnist Thompson? Or has the ship sailed on these two?

Advertisement
Why?

His mom went to Dillard...His whole family is from the surrounding area of Dillard and Dillard has produced more Div 1 DL than any school in south florida if we were to track it.

The fact that he was locked in at Dillard should let you know a lil bit about his recruitment or mindset
Plus he had like 3 coaches in 4 years. The kid is solid. He never needed to transfer. I’m glad he didn’t

This is the sentiment I wanted to convey when I made the comment about being surprised he hadn’t transferred to AH but I clearly butchered the delivery. Thank you

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back