2022 DE Nyjalik Kelly receives offer (COMMITS)

DE js one of the big needs in this class and yet we only seem to be going after very few targets,mainly Kelly and Stewart.If/when we start seeing new names pop up then is time to worry.
Agreed but since we are not seeing new names obviously our coaches feel good about theses 2 beasts. That’s great news. We need Kelly in this class!

Advertisement
Get him in touch with

Demetrius Jackson​

That man does a ton for charity and helping kids

Whatever happened to D Jax' run for State House of Reps. I just googled him and saw he withdrew from the race. Is he still out and about?

Advertisement
Surprised he hasn’t transferred there with his mom coaching track.
Why?

His mom went to Dillard...His whole family is from the surrounding area of Dillard and Dillard has produced more Div 1 DL than any school in south florida if we were to track it.

The fact that he was locked in at Dillard should let you know a lil bit about his recruitment or mindset

Why?

His mom went to Dillard...His whole family is from the surrounding area of Dillard and Dillard has produced more Div 1 DL than any school in south florida if we were to track it.

The fact that he was locked in at Dillard should let you know a lil bit about his recruitment or mindset
Oh I agree, I should’ve said I was surprised AND pleased he didn’t transfer to AH.

Advertisement
Why?

And IIRC, Hickson is in tight at Dillard right?

Why?

What is your honest call here Prop?

You we’re one of the first on him and seem to have your thumb on the pulse. What are your thoughts tho this recruitment.

What is your honest call here Prop?

You we’re one of the first on him and seem to have your thumb on the pulse. What are your thoughts tho this recruitment.

I think we are sitting pretty good right now.

I think if they continue to have a good position with the mom we will be in there. There is just so much UM connections around him from him being previously coached by Rod Mack, to the current coach at Dillard being um friendly.

Kind of glad he got to travel alot and hasnt committed to any one yet

Advertisement
I think we are sitting pretty good right now.

I think if they continue to have a good position with the mom we will be in there. There is just so much UM connections around him from him being previously coached by Rod Mack, to the current coach at Dillard being um friendly.

Kind of glad he got to travel alot and hasnt committed to any one yet
Preciate ya Prop.

you said the same things about the people around him and their connections and fondness for UM about James Williams too. We see how that one played out.

I believe if we can get the position to produce again this year the proof will be there.

DE recruits like Kelly, Stewart, and Jones Jr need to quit overthinking things.

Great location and close to home-check
Great academic school-check
Top 20 program-check
DE friendly scheme-check
NFL level DL coach-check
Proven record of producing 1st round DE’s-check
Early PT available-check

Literally Miami’s is the ONLY school that can check all these boxes.

Top 20 program-check
DE friendly scheme-check
NFL level DL coach-check
Early PT available-check

And..... UM fully supports players NIL goals

Advertisement

Top 20 program-check
DE friendly scheme-check
NFL level DL coach-check
Early PT available-check

This is all true about Us, but I don't think they are overthinking things. The people around them are encouraging them to have fun and enjoy this time in their lives because it'll never be this way again. Life is all responsibility and pressure from here on out.

I also believe they are being promised things to make certain visits. You said alot about "checks", well there all coming to collect (visits). But they'll still go where they want. It's a seller's market right now.

Top 20 program-check
DE friendly scheme-check
NFL level DL coach-check
Early PT available-check

I’d add NFL city. There are no programs in the SEC (aside from Vandy) that are in NFL cities. You’re already in that setting in Miami, in a controlled space like a college campus while playing in a world class NFL stadium.

The staff feels good about the de board as we stand , hence why offers aren’t going out or new names popping up.

@Cribby , I entirely understand why the staff would feel good and why they aren't pushing for commitments. But do you think we will be waiting all the way to early decision day or even the all-star games for the big names to go public with their decision?

Advertisement
Back