2022 DE Nyjalik Kelly receives offer (COMMITS)

Advertisement
With all these stud DBs maybe we can change to a 3-8 defense..😜

You laugh but ive been reading a lot this off-season from people who know the game better than I who have been hinting that more and more
Defenses are going to be playing essentially a 4-1-6 as their base defense going forward. Running plays are almost -EV at this point with how efficient you can be in the passing game. The rules evolving year after year are pretty much getting to the point where if you run the ball, it’s a win for the defense. To combat this, you’re going to see a lot of amoeba defenses. Basically positionless, matchup based ball with at least 5 DBs, mostly 6.

You laugh but ive been reading a lot this off-season from people who know the game better than I who have been hinting that more and more
Defenses are going to be playing essentially a 4-1-6 as their base defense going forward. Running plays are almost -EV at this point with how efficient you can be in the passing game. The rules evolving year after year are pretty much getting to the point where if you run the ball, it’s a win for the defense. To combat this, you’re going to see a lot of amoeba defenses. Basically positionless, matchup based ball with at least 5 DBs, mostly 6.
May be what Manny is planning on so he doesn’t have to recruit LBers..

Advertisement
It’s not so much that teams don’t run the ball anymore. It’s that they tend to run out of spread formations so lateral agility and the ability to tackle in space are a bigger premium than being able to take on blockers in the box. I still think you need a guy who can stack and shed but more than one of those thumper types and you run the risk of just being too slow on defense

It’s not so much that teams don’t run the ball anymore. It’s that they tend to run out of spread formations so lateral agility and the ability to tackle in space are a bigger premium than being able to take on blockers in the box. I still think you need a guy who can stack and shed but more than one of those thumper types and you run the risk of just being too slow on defense
Yep. Need LBs who can fly. Sideline to sideline, coverage and fast. Why I like that Nebraska LB who is a legimitate sprinter.

Advertisement
Ray Lewis, III tips his hat.
That’s a really illogocal comment. It’s improbablethat any kid of anyone will become a top athlete. But the poster posited a view that children of top athletes are poor bets. There’s plenty of evidence that that isn’t true, and pointing to a kid who didn’t work out doesn’t disprove that at all.

That’s a really illogocal comment. It’s improbablethat any kid of anyone will become a top athlete. But the poster posited a view that children of top athletes are poor bets. There’s plenty of evidence that that isn’t true, and pointing to a kid who didn’t work out doesn’t disprove that at all.
What he said was that the children of athletes don’t have the “killer instinct” and that people who didn’t grow up with money or privilege may be hungrier. Naturally, top athletes probably pass on better athletic genes, but not all of their progeny will be hungry.

What he said was that the children of athletes don’t have the “killer instinct” and that people who didn’t grow up with money or privilege may be hungrier. Naturally, top athletes probably pass on better athletic genes, but not all of their progeny will be hungry.
Thank you chin strap. That is exactly what I was saying. I am not saying siblings of great athletes cant or won’t be successful. Just give me the player who has the hunger.

Advertisement
And yet not one person here claimed all their progeny will be hungry, and that isn’t the debate.

It’s pretty obvious that many top athletes produce great athletes as children. So the idea that you should be skeptical of the kid of a top athlete lacks logical support. Some work out, others don’t.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back