2022 DE Nyjalik Kelly receives offer (COMMITS)

Honestly not to worried about Clemson with him, atleast not right now. I like where we sit but I think this kid will take this process to the finish line. Hopefully that works in our favor and we don't under achieve come fall.
Our defense is literally tailor-made for defensive ends. The whole scheme is built around our edges getting upfield and adding pressure. So funny how some of these local kids (not saying Kelly doesn't) just don't see it. They should be chomping at the bit to play for us.

Advertisement
Kelly and his mother went up to Tallahassee Friday night and spent the day at FSU. Here's the interview he gave to their Rivals site this morning:

From the sounds of things, the fun of recruiting is just getting started for the Fort Lauderdale product.

"It feels so great to be back," Kelly said. "I like it. Actually, I love it. And it feels exactly how I expected it to in being back at FSU. I've only been to one visit, and that was the cookout at Miami. With FSU, though, it feels different here. There's such a high comfortable feeling. It feels like home, and I really love the coaches here.
"But at the same time, I have to finish up all my visits and see where things go."

When speaking of the FSU coaches, Kelly had very high praise once again for defensive ends coach John Papuchis. It was Papuchis who started recruiting Kelly before he was well known in recruiting circles, and that fact has never been lost on Kelly.
And while Kelly did not take part in the Elite Camp on Saturday night, he definitely paid close attention to how Papuchis coached the other prospects.
"That's my guy," Kelly said. "I really like how hard he coaches his players. He wants you to be perfect on everything you do. Both him and Coach Haggins (defensive tackles coach Odell Haggins) are so good together with how they teach things and develop players."

The former 'Noles commitment arrived in Tallahassee late Friday night and then started his visit on Saturday. He said he was excited to see more of the facilities, making his first trip inside the Indoor Practice Facility, and to spend more time with the coaches and players.

"I toured a lot of the school on Saturday and tried on the white uniforms, and I think I'm going to try out the black ones later tomorrow," he said. "It was so good being around the coaches and spending personal time there. I can't wait to be back here. I will probably come back in July."

The big question for FSU and other programs, of course, is whether the Seminoles are still No. 1 in his recruitment?
"Yes they are," Kelly said. "What makes them No. 1 is my comfort and being coached by Coach [Mike] Norvell. Plus I love it here."

Next up for Kelly is a visit to Florida on Sunday. Then he has an official visit to Indiana, followed by an official visit to LSU.
He also has visits to Georgia and Clemson as well as return trips to Miami and Florida State.

--------------

Kelly left the BBQ telling Simpson he would be back on Tuesday for a 1 on 1 tour and to spend time with him. Let's see if he makes the trip and if Mom comes.... Some talk on their board that his mother is the one who had him decommit and seems to be running the recruitment.

Not sure what Free shoes is selling, but Kelly would be making a not smart business decision going there over Miami to play in Miami’s scheme.

What is the connection with FSU anyways? I’ve always felt there is someone in his circle that pushes FSU.

Miami is home, just had 2 first round DE’s, has a NFL DL coach, plays in a more friendlier scheme. Easy decision

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure what Free shoes is selling, but Kelly would be making a not smart business decision going there over Miami to play in Miami’s scheme.

What is the connection with FSU anyways? I’ve always felt there is someone in his circle that pushes FSU.

Miami is home, just had 2 first round DE’s, has a NFL DL coach, plays in a more friendlier scheme. Easy decision
Dude have you been to Trailerhasee?? That place is a dump including those ugly *** buildings.

Yes so I’m not sure why Kelly is loving a dump with a terrible football team.
It's crazy. It's like these kids don't really evaluate the situation. It would be a terrible decision for him to go there. Norvell might not even be there by the time he's a starter. He must have a girl up there.

Advertisement
There were reports of Stewart hanging out with coaches and 21 recruits all night at the cookout. Was Kelly doing the same? I don't remember reading about him being with players.
Reports were that Kelly was the last one hanging out on campus WELL after the cookout was over. Per the CIS U Tubers.

His mother went to FAMU and recently tweeted that being in Tallahassee "is being home."

Advertisement
I've been following recruiting way too **** long to start tripping over this. We have the recent run of dominance at DE, we'll be beating the Holes until the white meat shows in their house and we're still his actual home so let him get his high of finally getting to visit schools we'll get it done later

Advertisement
Imagine telling your friends and family you chose this

GettyImages-647396968.jpg

Over This:

433px-Shalala_Student_Center,_University_of_Miami.jpg

This:

90.jpeg

Over this:

Hard_Rock_Stadium.jpg

Or this:

love-tallahassee.jpg

over this:

south-beach-jetty-1440x900.aspx.jpeg

Recruiting has been around on the internet for decades now, so literally every single thing has been discussed ad nauseum, and people still say stupid **** like this. I really don’t get it. Some kids like to go away to school. They like to get away from mommy. They like a quaint college town where you’re the big swinging **** in a small pond vs being lost in the hustle and bustle of a big city.

Not every kid. Some kids prefer the big city, more stuff to do, etc. But the moral of story is every kid is different. Why is that so hard for people to understand? Just because you think you’d want to play at Miami with everything that goes along with that, not every kid feels the same way. Y’all really think Tally isn’t nice to a kid who grew up on Sistrunk?? LMAO.

Advertisement
Back