2022 DE Kenyatta Jackson Discusses Miami

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
2022 Chaminade-Madonna (FL) 4-star defensive end Kenyatta Jackson is one of the top players in America at his position and is being heavily recruited by the likes of Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, Louisville, Miami, Oregon, and many more schools. The hometown Miami Hurricanes will have to fight off plenty of competition to keep Jackson home, but one advantage they have is Miami is the only school he has ever visited.

“[Miami] was great. The atmosphere was good, it was pretty cool.”

Jackson also likes the coaches at Miami who are recruiting him, which includes head coach Manny Diaz and DB coach Travaris Robinson.

“When they talk, you can tell they mean it. They are straight up with me and the mentorship is pretty good.”

One of the main pitches from coach Diaz and coach Robinson is the defensive ends that Miami has put into the upcoming NFL Draft, such as Gregory Rousseau, Jaelan Phillips, and Quincy Roche.

“They talk about it all the time. I think it’s good because I can be one of those people to go first round. I believe I can go first round. I believe those coaches can put me in that spot.”

Jackson does not have anything locked in yet in terms of official visits, but he does plan on taking some as soon as the dead period is over.

Advertisement
It's nice to hear the coaches are actually using former players draft status as a recruiting tool. Any kid worth his salt and has ambitions to play in the league will hear that message loud and clear. It's tangible. They can see it. They can feel it. They just need the coaches to show them the way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Another example of manny being too passive in recruiting @SinisterCane ?
Your off-point snarky sarcasm notwithstanding, this appears to be an example that highlights a difference between how manny is recruiting this kid and little, or perhaps how he recruits dl vs. cb. Time will tell whether it’s all well executed or not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A39558FB-2ED4-422C-8728-49918B96ED85.png
Anyone know what he said?

Advertisement
Back