2022 DE DJ Wesolak

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wesolak dropped a "Top 15" with UM in it a few weeks ago, but I didn't give it much weight because it's a top 15. But an official visit makes it seem a little more realistic. June 18 is the same weekend with Khamauri Rogers, Wesley Bissainthe, and Nick Cull.

Wesolak dropped a "Top 15" with UM in it a few weeks ago, but I didn't give it much weight because it's a top 15. But an official visit makes it seem a little more realistic. June 18 is the same weekend with Khamauri Rogers, Wesley Bissainthe, and Nick Cull.
I've seen him get cristal balled to ND and Arizona which is good because it means they don't really know.But the kid himself said a few weeks back he was hoping miami offered and soon after we did.

Has anyone actually watched his film?
Pretty impressive imo.
I did. Kid is explosive and moves well laterally for his size, several plays he chases down a rb in space. Not sure how good his competition out in Mizzou, but he has the measurables & athleticism we covet at D end. Let's see what happens when he gets on campus.

Advertisement
I did. Kid is explosive and moves well laterally for his size, several plays he chases down a rb in space. Not sure how good his competition out in Mizzou, but he has the measurables & athleticism we covet at D end. Let's see what happens when he gets on campus.
I know we’re “deep” this year at end in sofla. But I feel he’s a special talent as well and shouldn’t be overlooked.
He said in his interview that Saban tried to make him reschedule his OV here and he told Saban no.

Advertisement
He sounded like he is legit considering us in his interview. Knew a lot about Simpson as well. Seems to have really looked into our recent history with d ends as well as coach simpsons recent coaching in Atlanta

Not saying he isn't interested, my bad if it came off that way. If we do land him, that's a **** of a pull from OOS and the coaching staff should be praised. I like that they aren't putting all their eggs in the south florida basket.

Advertisement
He sounded like he is legit considering us in his interview. Knew a lot about Simpson as well. Seems to have really looked into our recent history with d ends as well as coach simpsons recent coaching in Atlanta
I agree with you and am very interested in learning more about Wesolak. I tried to look him up in our player database but I couldn't find him. With the little I do know about him I can tell you that I am very excited to hear that he has scheduled a visit in June. Pure speculation and gut feeling on my part tell me this kid is the real deal. He's going to blow up for sure but I also think that we will be right in the thick of it. We have so much to offer here at UM and that is especially true for Defensive End prospects. It would seem as though DJ has done his due diligence about our program and that can only be a positive for us.

Probably my favorite OOS edge that I have seen thus far. Elite athlete and extreme motor. Steep competition for him but getting him on campus is all we can ask for at this point. Putting 2 in the first round and 3 total has to pay off this cycle at some point, right?

Probably my favorite OOS edge that I have seen thus far. Elite athlete and extreme motor. Steep competition for him but getting him on campus is all we can ask for at this point. Putting 2 in the first round and 3 total has to pay off this cycle at some point, right?
Yessir. I loved his film, length, high motor, explosive get off, big enough right now to not be a liability in the run game too. Hopefully we're going full court press on him.

We need to get back to where we were in late ‘80’s. We could compete for kids around country. We had coaches from the southwest so we could pull a guy from the Ozarks like Rusty who WAS highly recruited.And Darren Krein who blew up his senior year and was a second team USA Today A-A.

Reading this board you see our fan’s confidence is shot. I don’t know how much of a problem the bag game is, but Alabama and LSU can’t be giving bags to every kid. At least that’s my hunch.

Advertisement
Back