2022 Coaches Clinic

I will never argue JJ’s accomplishments, in fact I think he is the greatest football coach of all time. I’m only saying McVay’s story isn’t finished yet. At 36 years old, it’s impressive. Isn’t it prime crawfish season down there?!?
Not sure...we had some Steamed Clams and Conch Fritters though...Best Crawfish I've had was in New Orleans...or in the Panhandle...Not a Huge Seafood guy...GF is though...But take me to Drago's in Louisiana for Grilled Oysters...then it's on....

Advertisement
Dragos is on my bucket list, looks amazing.
Look Man....I F-ing HATE Raw Oysters...I think it's a texture thing. But a few yrs ago a friend, former UM Great Tony Fitzpatrick (who lives in Houston) told me to take my *** to Metairie Louisiana, and go to Dragos for the grilled Oysters....I took my GF (who has a close friend in Houma) there...And it was Life changing....Trust me....

Not sure...we had some Steamed Clams and Conch Fritters though...Best Crawfish I've had was in New Orleans...or in the Panhandle...Not a Huge Seafood guy...GF is though...But take me to Drago's in Louisiana for Grilled Oysters...then it's on....
My family in New Orleans always laugh at how long it takes me to eat a crawfish compared to them. I can’t stand oysters, but they snuck some oyster dressing on my plate during thanksgiving and it wasn’t half bad

Advertisement
My family in New Orleans always laugh at how long it takes me to eat a crawfish compared to them. I can’t stand oysters, but they snuck some oyster dressing on my plate during thanksgiving and it wasn’t half bad
Absolutely LOVE New Orleans Food....Again, not a Big Seafood guy...but Blackened RedFish....and Drago's Grilled Oysters and BOOM....Best Brunch I've ever had in my Life (and I had some amazing ones) was at "Court of Two Sisters"...Just ridiculous....

Unfortunately I did not....but I'll take JJ (from 86-95) over McVay 7 days a week....
He has a NC (Should be 2- 1988) and 2 SB Rings (should be 3...he gift wrapped one to Barry Coker)....Not to mention his 2 SB Cowboy teams would take McVays team to the Woodshed....
not to mention he won a CFB national title in 1964 as a player. only person to have won as player, college coach and nfl coach. every one else can get in line and that line starts at the next galaxy because no one, i mean NO ONE, is near him.

not to mention he won a CFB national title in 1964 as a player. only person to have won as player, college coach and nfl coach. every one else can get in line and that line starts at the next galaxy because no one, i mean NO ONE, is near him.
But did he win Georgia State player of the year in HS over Calvin Johnson? Cause McVay did lol...

Stop it.....Kids know plenty about JJ.....he made UM the U....NC Ring and 2 SB Rings...Not to mention his Dallas teams would Mop the floor with this yrs Rams team....Keep thinking Kids don't know about him...

U’re not even mentioning how JJ has been a fixture on the #1 NFL pregame show for years! Of course youngsters know who JJ is, if they know football.

Advertisement

I’m a seafood guy; ain’t too much I haven’t had in the ocean or swamps. Lol. I hate oysters, but man…the homie from Baton Rouge put me up on game w/ grilled Oysters on an open flame, STUFFED w/ minced blue crab, shrimp, calamari, onions, peppers, and topped w/ sharp cheddar. My goodness.

And don’t let the fam give u too much grief; I get the same chit when I go back to N.O at family reunions. I’m like ‘I’m eating it as best as possible, stop rushing me!’ Lol.

I’m a seafood guy; ain’t too much I haven’t had in the ocean or swamps. Lol. I hate oysters, but man…the homie from Baton Rouge put me up on game w/ grilled Oysters on an open flame, STUFFED w/ minced blue crab, shrimp, calamari, onions, peppers, and topped w/ sharp cheddar. My goodness.

And don’t let the fam give u too much grief; I get the same chit when I go back to N.O at family reunions. I’m like ‘I’m eating it as best as possible, stop rushing me!’ Lol.
Ima have to try some grilled oysters now

Advertisement
Life changing. I hate oysters due to that after taste, but man, I can eat those grilled jawns like on a daily bro. Still can’t f w/ no oyster Po Boy, though. Lol.
Rell....same here...it's a texture thing more than anything...Funny you mentioned Po-Boys....another staple in New Orleans....

Advertisement
Look Man....I F-ing HATE Raw Oysters...I think it's a texture thing. But a few yrs ago a friend, former UM Great Tony Fitzpatrick (who lives in Houston) told me to take my *** to Metairie Louisiana, and go to Dragos for the grilled Oysters....I took my GF (who has a close friend in Houma) there...And it was Life changing....Trust me....
Im so ready for it. I love grilled oysters, love oysters rockfeller. I grew up on the waters in crystal river and we would go get them right out of the rivers and eat them raw with crackers and Tabasco sauce. lol . dont think you would touch that . lol .

Im so ready for it. I love grilled oysters, love oysters rockfeller. I grew up on the waters in crystal river and we would go get them right out of the rivers and eat them raw with crackers and Tabasco sauce. lol . dont think you would touch that . lol .
Nope....but Drago's Grilled Oysters make ya want to get up in the middle of the restaurant and start slapping people....Lol...I lived within 50miles of the Apalachicola River, at one time a Oyster Haven (not so much anymore) and had access to gazillions of Oysters...Being a Chef back then I handled and cooked many...including Oysters Rockefeller...(served on Rock Salt) but not my cup of tea....However, Drago's Grilled Oysters are on a completely different Level....

Now, that's some pimp ****....

Alright, your weekend was officially better than my weekend! But you already knew that...
20220322_190553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back