2022 CB Elijah McCantos

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6'0 175lbs 3-star CB, goes to Edison.

Long armed Corner with strong upper body build, has the frame to get up to 190lbs. Has good 4.55 speed, plays with sound technique, footwork & has good ball skills. Natural athlete with a good vert, has fluid hips & plays with good physicality in Phase. Has good route recognition & makes quick breaks on the ball.

Plays for SFE 7v7 & won MVP at the Prime 239 7v7 tournament back in February. He's a kid that's lit it up on 7v7 circuit & has become a fast riser just off his potential alone. Had another show out performance recently last week at the FBU Top Gun 7v7 camp winning MVP again.

Was also a Wrestler his Freshman year at Edison & was absolutely rag dolling kids, he has explosive scrambles & raw upper body strength. He's a natural quick twitch athlete with good upside.

Is a Coach Tunsil kid, Tunsil is helping Uncle Luke run the Edison program so that's something to keep in mind with his recruitment & for whatever reason Tunsil won't release his HUDL tape, but he's teammates with Francois Nolton Jr, Leon Hart Jr, Syveion Ellis & a bunch of the other Edison kids we'll be after for the 22 class.

He also camped at Miami last year & likes our coaches. My cousin has worked with him a lot this offseason on sharpening his footwork, he's definitely a hard worker & a kid that if we offered we would get a commit from.

Holds offers from AZ St, Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse, FAU, FIU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
With all the talented players Luke has and will have, I'm happy with his twitter telling all of Broward and Dade to go to The U. We need to embrace him, seriously, he's a big Canes fan at heart. Forget the transgressions, he was ****ed at the program, their bad recruiting and hiring. We all were.

I like the film, the upside, plays for an up & coming local school so I'll classify the kid as a take.

Advertisement
Did Edison start pulling kids that would ordinarily play at MNW?
No, they got a bunch of transfers in their program once they added Tunsil on staff.

They got a bunch of kids from Miami Christian (Francois Nolton, Nathaniel RayRay Joseph, Roscoe Gibson, Darius Chester) Jeffery Big Red Bonica from Carol City, Josue Ultima from Central, Daughtry Richardon from Tallahassee, Leon Hart from Chicago, Syveion Ellis from Brunswick GA & QB Jack Smitherman from Western (Davie Broward, although I think he might've transferred again to Lakewood up in St. Pete).

Advertisement
No, they got a bunch of transfers in their program once they added Tunsil on staff.

They got a bunch of kids from Miami Christian (Francois Nolton, Nathaniel RayRay Joseph, Roscoe Gibson, Darius Chester) Jeffery Big Red Bonica from Carol City, Josue Ultima from Central, Daughtry Richardon from Tallahassee, Leon Hart from Chicago, Syveion Ellis from Brunswick GA & QB Jack Smitherman from Western (Davie Broward, although I think he might've transferred again to Lakewood up in St. Pete).

Smitherman was at American last year.
Not sure if he will still be at Edison. He lives in Broward.

Edison will be really good if they can get cohesive.

Smitherman was at American last year.
Not sure if he will still be at Edison. He lives in Broward.

Edison will be really good if they can get cohesive.
I saw that he transferred to that school in St. Pete.

They finally updated his hudl.

@1:00 on his tape he's in off bail coverage & does a very good job in speed turn technique, he skates his feet & reads the WR perfectly immediately flipping his hips & leveraging towards the sideline while in phase & then shows good awareness/football IQ by getting his head around peeling off & making a break on the ball in the air, a lot of times CB's can get beat on that kind of route because they're too flat footed waiting for the WR to cut & get burned on a double move, he got even depth & flipped his hips naturally to be step for step with his man.

@2:20 does a great job with recovery speed, he opens up with inside release & quickly transitions in phase to playing the back hip & getting underneath to the inside shoulder, he does a good job with right hand placement on the lower back away from the refs view & to keep the WR within range & gets his left hand up to make the play, essentially, you use the WR as a springboard to time your break on the ball, place your forearm on the back & engage to gather your feet momentum & then jump with the opposite hand to get the PBU. Textbook coverage.

He's been ballin this season for Edison who is going on a playoff run right now, kid reminds me of Rashad Fenton.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back