2022 CB Elijah McCantos

Edison beats John Paul II 41-0.

Edison has played 5 games this season & they've dominated everyone they've played except Central, but they been killing it in the playoffs thus far & are in a good position to go win the 3A state title.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Edison beats John Paul II (Tallahassee, same school as 2021 DB Terrion Arnold) 41-0.

Edison has played 5 games this season & they've dominated everyone they've played except Central, but they been killing it in the playoffs thus far & are in a good position to go win the 3A state title.

Naw, Tallahassee's JPII played and lost to University Christian up here in Gadsden County....wrong John Paul

Edison beats John Paul II (Tallahassee, same school as 2021 DB Terrion Arnold) 41-0.

They have to beat Chaminade.

Advertisement
No, they got a bunch of transfers in their program once they added Tunsil on staff.

They got a bunch of kids from Miami Christian (Francois Nolton, Nathaniel RayRay Joseph, Roscoe Gibson, Darius Chester) Jeffery Big Red Bonica from Carol City, Josue Ultima from Central, Daughtry Richardon from Tallahassee, Leon Hart from Chicago, Syveion Ellis from Brunswick GA & QB Jack Smitherman from Western (Davie Broward, although I think he might've transferred again to Lakewood up in St. Pete).
Tunsil is starting a school next fall that has HS football. It will be interesting to see how many kids that’s he’s placed at other schools follow him.

They finally updated his hudl.

@1:00 on his tape he's in off bail coverage & does a very good job in speed turn technique, he skates his feet & reads the WR perfectly immediately flipping his hips & leveraging towards the sideline while in phase & then shows good awareness/football IQ by getting his head around peeling off & making a break on the ball in the air, a lot of times CB's can get beat on that kind of route because they're too flat footed waiting for the WR to cut & get burned on a double move, he got even depth & flipped his hips naturally to be step for step with his man.

@2:20 does a great job with recovery speed, he opens up with inside release & quickly transitions in phase to playing the back hip & getting underneath to the inside shoulder, he does a good job with right hand placement on the lower back away from the refs view & to keep the WR within range & gets his left hand up to make the play, essentially, you use the WR as a springboard to time your break on the ball, place your forearm on the back & engage to gather your feet momentum & then jump with the opposite hand to get the PBU. Textbook coverage.

He's been ballin this season for Edison who is going on a playoff run right now, kid reminds me of Rashad Fenton.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why haven't we offered him? LSU, Penn State and few other big schools are starting to offer him and he's in our own backyard... I just don't understand CB recruiting. Hate to say it but you can always drop recruits if you land a big fish, this kid will likely be a 4 star before signing day

Advertisement
Why haven't we offered him? LSU, Penn State and few other big schools are starting to offer him and he's in our own backyard... I just don't understand CB recruiting. Hate to say it but you can always drop recruits if you land a big fish, this kid will likely be a 4 star before signing day
Because they are on other guys like the Cam Miller out of Fernandina Beach who they discovered. Locally i like Mccantos more so than Mullen very easily...and think he should be recruited.

Advertisement
Back