2022 ATH Chris Graves (COMMITS TO MIAMI)

Advertisement
Kid never seems to communicate clearly with 247. Could be specific to them. No knock against them…I like 247 and read a lot….but Graves has been slow and murky with his communication with them all fall.

Huh why? He committed cause of Trob who will still be here..what other options is he interested in
We still don’t have a DC and technically TRob hasn’t been announced. I get that people feel very strongly that he will be retained and maybe they’ve been communicating this to players but there’s still something to be said about not having these coaches officially in place.

Not saying if he doesn’t sign on Wednesday this is why. But I do think some of the uncertainty here may impact some players’ decisions.

We still don’t have a DC and technically TRob hasn’t been announced. I get that people feel very strongly that he will be retained and maybe they’ve been communicating this to players but there’s still something to be said about not having these coaches officially in place.

Not saying if he doesn’t sign on Wednesday this is why. But I do think some of the uncertainty here may impact some players’ decisions.
I think I seen a post by Cribby saying Trob has been telling kids he is staying but yea hopefully he signs on Wednesday we need corners bad

Advertisement
Reports coming out of Florida’s Southwest coast over the weekend were that Fort Myers Bishop Verot Top247 athlete Chris Graveswould hold on signing with Miami this weekend and would instead wait until February.

After spending the weekend in Miami on a second official visit due to the head coaching change that brought Mario Cristobal to Dade County, Graves feels like he knows he wants to be a Hurricane.

“I want to say I’m going to sign Wednesday,” Graves told InsideTheU.

Being around Cristobal and the rest of the Miami staff over the weekend helped answer some important questions for Graves during this final stretch.

“It changed my perspective a lot because the whole Manny [Diaz] situation, I wasn’t sure if my position coaches were gone as far as stability. [Cristobal] likes [Travaris Robinson] and [Demarcus Van Dyke],” Graves told InsideTheU following the visit.

Florida was the school that Graves was looking at hardest aside from Miami and Corey Raymond had a lot to do with that.

Graves, who ranks as the nation’s No. 5 athlete, is friends with one of the surprise visitors to Miami this past weekend. That would be Saint Louis (Mo.) St. Mary’s Top247 wide receiver Kevin Coleman. The two played on the same 7-on-7 team over the summer.

He is also close with Fort Lauderdale Dillard Top247 defensive lineman Nyjalik Kelly after spending a weekend over the summer with him at LSU on an official visit.

“Kevin, he likes Miami a lot. Nyjalik likes Miami a lot. I say watch out for Nyjalik,” Graves said.

Miami quickly got in the mix for Coleman, who was heavily considering Oregon prior to Cristobal’s departure.

“He liked it a lot. He says he likes Cristobal and how everything is about to change,” Graves said.

Graves proved as a senior that he is one of the most dynamic athletes in the Sunshine State after going both ways as an upperclassman and making things happen every Friday night for the Vikings. On offense, Graves eclipsed the 1000 receiving mark throughout his career and collected ten touchdowns.

Defensively, Graves intercepted a pair of passes and deflected five more as a senior despite being rarely tested through the air.

Advertisement
Back