2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
Advertisement
I don’t think you know the new students that go to Miami, even when I was there, it’s hard to get students out. A lot will show up for the tailgate and bounce pre kick . It’s also such a small percentage of the fan base That leave the area right after grad. if They were all staking in Miami then yes. But most aren’t And he’ll a lot aren’t even staying in the state. Use the stadium money to bag more players. That’ll increase attendance and hard rock is absolutely fine for what we need. If they put metal bleachers in a new stadium you may wanna dump it altogether

Again, where in the FVCK are "metal bleachers" coming from? We need to stop falling for the "anti-stadium" myths.

"It's hard to get students out". That's reality everywhere. UM students are not unique. Not every UF or F$U or certainly even UCF student goes to the games. Same thing at Alabama or Clemson. But when you make it EASY, when it is not a two hour round trip to games, you have a better SHOT at having students show up.

And you need to stop acting like rich people are just giving money as YOU see fit to spend it, as if "stadium" and "bagging more players" are interchangeable. The reason that rich people give money for BUILDINGS is to put their names on them. Legacy. They are not just saying, "yeah, spend my money to 'bag' a player, I don't care, I prefer donating money for anonymous pay-for-play bribes". The Ruiz family wants people going to the Ruiz Family Stadium for the next 50 years.

As for where alums end up living, I know this very well. And, yes, you will have plenty of alums from Tampa and Orlando and Jacksonville and Atlanta and Charlotte who buy season tickets and attend some (not all) games IF THEY ACTUALLY HAD A GOOD TIME ATTENDING GAMES WHEN THEY WERE STUDENTS. And, yes, if we ignore all those people and make it miserable for them to attend games, then you are **** right that they won't care that much when they move to other parts of the country.

Finally, I will wrap this up with a reminder about ONE OF THE MOST COMMON ARGUMENTS that people have made for WHY Miami should support the Athletic Department more:

WHEN THE UNIVERSITY HAS A WINNING FOOTBALL PROGRAM, MORE STUDENTS APPLY, THE UNIVERSITY CAN REJECT MORE STUDENTS, THE SELECTIVITY INDEX INCREASES, AND THE ACADEMIC PROFILE RISES.

And that is true. BUT NOT IF YOU MAKE IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR STUDENTS TO ATTEND GAMES. Why in the **** would more students want to apply to and/or attend the University of Miami IF THEY CAN BARELY GET TO THE GAMES ANYHOW.

Yeah, we should throw our entire $20 to $30 million increased investment in the Athletic Department into the garbage, and the potential increase in UM's academic rankings, just so that we can CONTINUE to force UM students into a 2-hour round trip to Hard Rock ALL SO THAT THE PALM BEACH FANS DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE AN EXTRA 12 MILES ON DADE COUNTY EXPRESSWAYS.

Yep, makes perfect sense.

I realize a lot of people don't understand this, particularly the non-alums, but the University is going to have a HUGE problem in about 20-30 years when all of the UM alums from the 80s and 90s start to die off, and we are replaced by the UM alums who never went to any games from 2005-2021 because the team sucked and it was unbelievably difficult to get to Hard Rock.

Not all alumni necessarily think the same. I'm more worried about snarled traffic, difficulty parking, ****** bleachers instead of stadium seats, and crappy amenities than I am about the extra distance.

Nobody's loyalty is unconditional.
They nailed crappy parking this season...

Again, where in the FVCK are "metal bleachers" coming from? We need to stop falling for the "anti-stadium" myths.

"It's hard to get students out". That's reality everywhere. UM students are not unique. Not every UF or F$U or certainly even UCF student goes to the games. Same thing at Alabama or Clemson. But when you make it EASY, when it is not a two hour round trip to games, you have a better SHOT at having students show up.

And you need to stop acting like rich people are just giving money as YOU see fit to spend it, as if "stadium" and "bagging more players" are interchangeable. The reason that rich people give money for BUILDINGS is to put their names on them. Legacy. They are not just saying, "yeah, spend my money to 'bag' a player, I don't care, I prefer donating money for anonymous pay-for-play bribes". The Ruiz family wants people going to the Ruiz Family Stadium for the next 50 years.

As for where alums end up living, I know this very well. And, yes, you will have plenty of alums from Tampa and Orlando and Jacksonville and Atlanta and Charlotte who buy season tickets and attend some (not all) games IF THEY ACTUALLY HAD A GOOD TIME ATTENDING GAMES WHEN THEY WERE STUDENTS. And, yes, if we ignore all those people and make it miserable for them to attend games, then you are **** right that they won't care that much when they move to other parts of the country.

Finally, I will wrap this up with a reminder about ONE OF THE MOST COMMON ARGUMENTS that people have made for WHY Miami should support the Athletic Department more:

WHEN THE UNIVERSITY HAS A WINNING FOOTBALL PROGRAM, MORE STUDENTS APPLY, THE UNIVERSITY CAN REJECT MORE STUDENTS, THE SELECTIVITY INDEX INCREASES, AND THE ACADEMIC PROFILE RISES.

And that is true. BUT NOT IF YOU MAKE IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR STUDENTS TO ATTEND GAMES. Why in the **** would more students want to apply to and/or attend the University of Miami IF THEY CAN BARELY GET TO THE GAMES ANYHOW.

Yeah, we should throw our entire $20 to $30 million increased investment in the Athletic Department into the garbage, and the potential increase in UM's academic rankings, just so that we can CONTINUE to force UM students into a 2-hour round trip to Hard Rock ALL SO THAT THE PALM BEACH FANS DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE AN EXTRA 12 MILES ON DADE COUNTY EXPRESSWAYS.

I realize a lot of people don't understand this, particularly the non-alums, but the University is going to have a HUGE problem in about 20-30 years when all of the UM alums from the 80s and 90s start to die off, and we are replaced by the UM alums who never went to any games from 2005-2021 because the team sucked and it was unbelievably difficult to get to Hard Rock.
good point on the last statement. I think if u have a good team people will come always to see savagery. I dont live down there and have no idea how hard it is to get to a stadium.

Advertisement

dude I went to Miami just as you did and more recently. kids go to party it ain’t the 80s

---The Smokin' Pig in Easley (Clemson is too far and too crowded)
---Bacon Brothers on Pelham near I-85
---Smoky Dreams on Woodruff
---Saskatoon Steaks Fish and Wild Game on Haywood, down by Laurens
---Smoke on the Water - Main Street and Augusta
---Stax Omega Diner - near Pelham and Haywood
---Stella's Southern Bistro (Simpsonville)
---The Lunchbox (Simpsonville)
---There was a good little Cuban place in Simpsonville (shocking) called Mad Cuban Cafe, it is now a food truck. I often ordered a Cuban sandwich that had croquetas and plantains added, it usually took about 10-12 minutes to get the sandwich, but got-**** it was good

All of the places I just mentioned, I have been to multiple times and I recommend them all very highly.
TOC, you should write traveling food books mate. You always have all the great local spots to try out. My wife and I are traveling from Jacksonville to New Orleans for our first trip there. If you, or anybody else, have any thoughts of great food or local flare to try there I’d appreciate it!

dude I went to Miami just as you did and more recently. kids go to party it ain’t the 80s

It's not about "the 80s vs. the 20s". Kids at EVERY college want to party, just like kids at EVERY college want to watch a winning football team.

Just because you went to UM when the football team sucked doesn't mean that UM students, forever and ever, will never care about football again. UM students are NOT unique, they are NOT completely different from every other university student at every other university.

I realize that it is unbelievably unlikely that UM will ever build a football stadium where Mahoney-Pearson now sits, BUT IF THEY DID, the students would go to games, and the students would have a great time.

So now we have to find some balance between a non-Coral-Gables location and "how long do I have to be on this bus before I'm at the stadium" considerations.

TOC, you should write traveling food books mate. You always have all the great local spots to try out. My wife and I are traveling from Jacksonville to New Orleans for our first trip there. If you, or anybody else, have any thoughts of great food or local flare to try there I’d appreciate it!

Thank you sir. Not trying to turn every thread into a foodie thread (@IndayArtHauz don't lock this!), but while I have been to New Orleans a lot in the past, I think that Katrina shuffled up the restaurant scene pretty hard, there are spots I used to know about that aren't there any longer. I had a fraternity brother who went to Tulane Med in the late 80s/early 90s, so he took us to some local spots, but I haven't really been back post-Katrina.

For me, personally, before I visit an area, I try to research spots that the local chefs like, or the local foodies like. On another thread, I mentioned Franklin Barbecue in Austin, TX, and when I found out that the only other barbecue place that Aaron Franklin frequents is Valentina's, I knew it was worth it. Been there multiple times since.

I think there are some spots in New Orleans that are worth a "pilgrimage", like Cafe Du Monde. There have also been some great chefs who have come out of New Orleans and are known for advancing Cajun food. A long time ago, I went to a couple of the Paul Prudhomme restaurants, and while he has passed away, I think there is still at least one restaurant that he started that is still open (K-Paul's, I think). I also like po' boys and muffalettas and I think there is a place that is still open that I like called Sammy's. I'm not sure if it is named for the owner or for "sammiches", but I always remember the name because I like to think it is short for "sammiches".

Fortunately, I feel like people in New Orleans are very friendly and will share their thoughts on the best places to try, so definitely talk to a local. I would ALSO reach out to @Cajuncane , I believe he lives on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain, but I think he could be of some assistance in this endeavor.

PS, I had to go to The Bearded Pig a few months ago when I was in Jax for the Green Day/Fallout Boy/Weezer concert. Love Bearded Pig!

Advertisement
...I agree with the poster above that said that this will all quiet down when Hard Rock gets filled most weekends and gets loud like the 2017 ND game. That night in 2017 was crazy and the stadium was LOUD ... That was the most Wild I have ever seen that place and I go to most games ...The atmosphere was Orange Bowlesque that night...
I agree. I grew up here & went to Gables High. There's no way a stadium is going there. And yes, the Hard Rock can get extremely loud now. One of the things they did during the renovation was move the seats closer to the field to raise the crowd noise, as people would often complain that it was never as loud as the OB.

I agree. I grew up here & went to Gables High. There's no way a stadium is going there. And yes, the Hard Rock can get extremely loud now. One of the things they did during the renovation was move the seats closer to the field to raise the crowd noise, as people would often complain that it was never as loud as the OB.
35-40 k in that stadium and it is still a loud venue on Saturdays when we suck. Miami sports fans are among the loudest fan bases in the country. if we begin to put an average of high 50’s low 60’s the place will be electric on a weekly basis. I’m talking asses in seats too not bs announced attendance

Thank you sir. Not trying to turn every thread into a foodie thread (@IndayArtHauz don't lock this!), but while I have been to New Orleans a lot in the past, I think that Katrina shuffled up the restaurant scene pretty hard, there are spots I used to know about that aren't there any longer. I had a fraternity brother who went to Tulane Med in the late 80s/early 90s, so he took us to some local spots, but I haven't really been back post-Katrina.

For me, personally, before I visit an area, I try to research spots that the local chefs like, or the local foodies like. On another thread, I mentioned Franklin Barbecue in Austin, TX, and when I found out that the only other barbecue place that Aaron Franklin frequents is Valentina's, I knew it was worth it. Been there multiple times since.

I think there are some spots in New Orleans that are worth a "pilgrimage", like Cafe Du Monde. There have also been some great chefs who have come out of New Orleans and are known for advancing Cajun food. A long time ago, I went to a couple of the Paul Prudhomme restaurants, and while he has passed away, I think there is still at least one restaurant that he started that is still open (K-Paul's, I think). I also like po' boys and muffalettas and I think there is a place that is still open that I like called Sammy's. I'm not sure if it is named for the owner or for "sammiches", but I always remember the name because I like to think it is short for "sammiches".

Fortunately, I feel like people in New Orleans are very friendly and will share their thoughts on the best places to try, so definitely talk to a local. I would ALSO reach out to @Cajuncane , I believe he lives on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain, but I think he could be of some assistance in this endeavor.

PS, I had to go to The Bearded Pig a few months ago when I was in Jax for the Green Day/Fallout Boy/Weezer concert. Love Bearded Pig!
Thanks for the suggestions mate, I’ll check those out and we shall certainly reach out to some locals as well!!! Yeah Bearded Pig is becoming a great local joint. I’ve enjoyed my visits there as well!!

A friend of my said the bearded pig was great. Top hawg in Gainesville is supposedly really good too. There I've helped derail a thread

Advertisement
I'm not underestimating the amount of people that come from that area, I'm saying that if the make-or-break is "I'm not going to drive an extra 12 miles", then maybe those fans weren't built for this. And if you want to skip the crappy games, that's fine. All I can tell you is that based on ACTUAL ATTENDANCE, it's not like the "Palm Beach fans" are showing up anyhow.

If you are trying to tell me that the only fanbase that Miami can rely on (a) can't drive an extra 12 miles, (b) prefers to show up to good games, and (c) only shows up when Miami is winning...

I don't know where else you've seen football games, but Hard Rock is NOT "state of the art". It is a 35 year old stadium that has had lots of plastic surgery. I've been to Dallas and Atlanta multiple times, those are state of the art stadiums. Los Angeles has a state of the art stadium. Las Vegas has a state of the art stadium. Yes, the club section at Hard Rock is nice, but the rest of the stadium is mid-tier. I find it amusing that every Hard-Rock-lover/anti-UM-stadium nutjob continues to tell us how a BRAND NEW college stadium would be terrible and inferior to a (then) 40 year old Hard Rock. That's just a load of crap.

And the attendance smack is just a joke. The capacity at Hard Rock is 64,000. You are crapping on a hypothetical 50,000 seat stadium. If you honestly believe that the entire gameday experience and the entire economic structure of the Athletic Department would collapse based on a 14,000 fan differential for the two good games each year, then you are crazy.

We are currently fourth-class tenants at a facility that continues to put more and more athletic and entertainment events ahead of our 6 or 7 gamedays. We already have time limitations on tailgating, the traffic is as bad as ever even with REDUCED capacity, and we have no other current options when the time comes to negotiate a new lease.

But, yeah, we should put up with ALL OF THIS for some fans in Palm Beach who complain about everything and who only show up when we are good enough to beat Notre Dame? And you realize that Hard Rock IS LITERALLY IN DADE COUNTY, so all the Palm Beach pvssies would have to do is drive a few miles farther south into Dade County?

Yeah, I know traffic sucks. I drive to games FROM ORLANDO. I have to drive a motherfvckin' two-southbound-lanes Turnpike until, what, Lantana, when we get a third lane?

So take the Brightline, for those who hate traffic. But I fail to see why UM should be held hostage by "Palm Beach fans" if we want to have our own stadium AT ANOTHER LOCATION IN DADE COUNTY. Yeah, if we move it to Homestead, I'll understand the complaints. But if we move to the east of Marlins Stadium? Or Tropical? Come on, now.
Agree with a lot of what your saying.
But driving an extra 12 miles isn’t really the problem. It’s driving an extra 12 miles and then dealing with traffic.
If you live here you know that a 50 k stadium in the middle of coral gables with no direct access to traffic is a **** nightmare.
The metro rail won’t decongest that one bit.
I agree you can make a beautiful state of the art stadium for 50 k fans. The AS Roma soccer team is completing a beautiful 50 k stadium that will even have an outdoor large screen seating area for fans to watch if they can’t get tickets or for fans that want to watch away games.

The new stadiums that are going to be built all over the world are beautiful.

If we can find the right accessible location with excellent space for tailgating and also a small shopping and dining village it’s a home run.

There are alumni of teams that never won anything and they still Donate huge amounts of money to their school’s athletics.

Yes it’s better if you have a team that wins natty’s. But distance isn’t the thing keeping the alumni away imo.
Not winning and being in Miami is what’s keeping them away. Just like the non alumni fanbase.

The university of Miami, as far as a attendance goes, is more equivalent to a professional team than a college team. A lot of oos wealthy kids that want to do their undergrad in a cool city and won’t come to the games unless it’s a winning team against a quality opponent.
Yes, the student section for 12 pm Sunday game at home against savanah state wil have more people in it. But I’ll bet that that section will still have some empty seats for that game even if the stadium was on campus.
But the student section these past few years for night games against good teams has been all packed.

I’ve been here since 84 and the majority of Miami fans have overwhelmingly been people that never went to the school. The part about dudes like me being dead in 20 years has nothing to do if we are alumni or not.

This isn’t a college town and it will never be one.
The football team is actually treated more like another pro team instead of a college football one.

In 20 years the stadium, wether its on campus or on county line road, will be packed as long as the team is winning.

It's not about "the 80s vs. the 20s". Kids at EVERY college want to party, just like kids at EVERY college want to watch a winning football team.

Just because you went to UM when the football team sucked doesn't mean that UM students, forever and ever, will never care about football again. UM students are NOT unique, they are NOT completely different from every other university student at every other university.

I realize that it is unbelievably unlikely that UM will ever build a football stadium where Mahoney-Pearson now sits, BUT IF THEY DID, the students would go to games, and the students would have a great time.

So now we have to find some balance between a non-Coral-Gables location and "how long do I have to be on this bus before I'm at the stadium" considerations.
I was born and raised in Miami. Went to gsmes when we weren’t trash and when we were. Trust me, your experience from 1983 isn’t the same. Also why do you always write a book w a response.

hang Around th frats. They all come to tailsgte and a lot leave before kick to keep the petty going. This was even during mitre dame When we were actuslly goof that year.

Advertisement
There are alumni of teams that never won anything and they still Donate huge amounts of money to their school’s athletics.

Yes it’s better if you have a team that wins natty’s. But distance isn’t the thing keeping the alumni away imo.
Not winning and being in Miami is what’s keeping them away. Just like the non alumni fanbase.

The university of Miami, as far as a attendance goes, is more equivalent to a professional team than a college team. A lot of oos wealthy kids that want to do their undergrad in a cool city and won’t come to the games unless it’s a winning team against a quality opponent.
Yes, the student section for 12 pm Sunday game at home against savanah state wil have more people in it. But I’ll bet that that section will still have some empty seats for that game even if the stadium was on campus.
But the student section these past few years for night games against good teams has been all packed.

I’ve been here since 84 and the majority of Miami fans have overwhelmingly been people that never went to the school. The part about dudes like me being dead in 20 years has nothing to do if we are alumni or not.

This isn’t a college town and it will never be one.
The football team is actually treated more like another pro team instead of a college football one.

In 20 years the stadium, wether its on campus or on county line road, will be packed as long as the team is winning.
Thank you. Toc and his Orlando *** doesn’t get it. We will never be a college town or even close on one on campus. Kids come to Miami from the northeast by and large for what you said. **** I knew kids that didn’t even know Miami was small and private till they moved into the dorms. It’s like the fins or heat. If the team is good people come out more than not for big event Gsmes but if they’re not no shot. Being in tables or Sunrise womt change that. Unless they build it in wynwood, that is

Thank you. Toc and his Orlando *** doesn’t get it. We will never be a college town or even close on one on campus. Kids come to Miami from the northeast by and large for what you said. **** I knew kids that didn’t even know Miami was small and private till they moved into the dorms. It’s like the fins or heat. If the team is good people come out more than not for big event Gsmes but if they’re not no shot. Being in tables or Sunrise womt change that. Unless they build it in wynwood, that is
I’ve said this about the U several times. Only a handful of pro teams sell out when they suck.
Trob was right on when he said that he tells kids if you want to know what it’s like to play for an nfl team in a big city then come play here.

@TheOriginalCane

Lol @ this fan base man. I just read driving an extra 12 miles “& dealing w/ traffic” is a problem. Lol.

The deterrent of not having our own stadium is the plush convenience of certain fans’ location. Lol. Never mind the school is bleeding $ out of its *** by not having its own stadium, PAYING to play at an Aqua stadium, but b/c of their convenience, they don’t want it. Lol. Sometimes I wonder y we’re so behind on everything; I’ve heard fans say we don’t need better facilities, a premiere sponsor, or a stadium. Lol. Oh; and the best part of the defacto argument of not needing our own stadium is b/c of how loud it was that ONE game in 2017. Lol.

1. No shade, but So Fla has chit on L.A in regards to chit to do. We have Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, Warner Bros tours, Sony Studios tours, Hollywood, Hollywood Tours, Beverly Hills, The Getty, Malibu, The Alley, Griffith Park’s Observatory, Manhattan Beach, Venice Beach, Zuma Beach, The Pike, a chit load of restaurants, and that doesn’t include our neighbors to The South in Orange County that has Disneyland, South Coast, & Fashion Island. I didn’t even include Bruno Mars & Gwen Steffani randomly inviting fans to their homes. Lol

The point is I live in the one of, if not thee biggest tourist town in America, yet, we somehow managed to build the most expensive stadium in the world in an outskirt city, and soon, a NBA arena in that same city. We have no choice but to deal w/ traffic. So f’ing what, b/c the ends justify the means. The results r there have been a surge in business opportunities, in which all managing partners are benefiting from, and the community has benefited as job opportunities have opened up. USC, also, built its own basketball arena where it appeared there was no room.

2. It’s called planning. Money talks, bull chit walks. If we have a motivated booster, & he has political connections, then why r u guys keep chitting on the idea or efforts? I get it, b/c secretly u don’t want it to happen due to it not being in YOUR best interest.

We have an AD who understands BUSINESS, & he’s already said why it’s important to have a stadium closer to campus. You have zero idea what it will mean to our bottom line. We just had a list of the top 25 most profitable programs, & they ALL HAVE THEIR OWN STADIUM OR A VESTED FINANCIAL INTEREST IN A STADIUM. It helps w/ marketing, naming rights revenue, event revenue, parking revenue, merchandising, ticket sales, etc.

3. If a stadium happens or not is not the talk here; it’s the whiny bull chit I see that’s not in the interest of the school, but your interest. We’re finally trying to step into the big boy level of football, & some of ya’ll wanna complain b/c it don’t fit ur agenda. That’s disappointing & full of bull chit.

@TheOriginalCane

Lol @ this fan base man. I just read driving an extra 12 miles “& dealing w/ traffic” is a problem. Lol.

The deterrent of not having our own stadium is the plush convenience of certain fans’ location. Lol. Never mind the school is bleeding $ out of its *** by not having its own stadium, PAYING to play at an Aqua stadium, but b/c of their convenience, they don’t want it. Lol. Sometimes I wonder y we’re so behind on everything; I’ve heard fans say we don’t need better facilities, a premiere sponsor, or a stadium. Lol. Oh; and the best part of the defacto argument of not needing our own stadium is b/c of how loud it was that ONE game in 2017. Lol.

1. No shade, but So Fla has chit on L.A in regards to chit to do. We have Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, Warner Bros tours, Sony Studios tours, Hollywood, Hollywood Tours, Beverly Hills, The Getty, Malibu, The Alley, Griffith Park’s Observatory, Manhattan Beach, Venice Beach, Zuma Beach, The Pike, a chit load of restaurants, and that doesn’t include our neighbors to The South in Orange County that has Disneyland, South Coast, & Fashion Island. I didn’t even include Bruno Mars & Gwen Steffani randomly inviting fans to their homes. Lol

The point is I live in the one of, if not thee biggest tourist town in America, yet, we somehow managed to build the most expensive stadium in the world in an outskirt city, and soon, a NBA arena in that same city. We have no choice but to deal w/ traffic. So f’ing what, b/c the ends justify the means. The results r there have been a surge in business opportunities, in which all managing partners are benefiting from, and the community has benefited as job opportunities have opened up. USC, also, built its own basketball arena where it appeared there was no room.

2. It’s called planning. Money talks, bull chit walks. If we have a motivated booster, & he has political connections, then why r u guys keep chitting on the idea or efforts? I get it, b/c secretly u don’t want it to happen due to it not being in YOUR best interest.

We have an AD who understands BUSINESS, & he’s already said why it’s important to have a stadium closer to campus. You have zero idea what it will mean to our bottom line. We just had a list of the top 25 most profitable programs, & they ALL HAVE THEIR OWN STADIUM OR A VESTED FINANCIAL INTEREST IN A STADIUM. It helps w/ marketing, naming rights revenue, event revenue, parking revenue, merchandising, ticket sales, etc.

3. If a stadium happens or not is not the talk here; it’s the whiny bull chit I see that’s not in the interest of the school, but your interest. We’re finally trying to step into the big boy level of football, & some of ya’ll wanna complain b/c it don’t fit ur agenda. That’s disappointing & full of bull chit.
People would drive to wherever if the team was good. If we suck mo one will. The students will come out for big gsmes if we’re good wherever But even then we will never be what other colleges are. Students will show up to party pre game and some will hook up w chicks and bounce to the bars. Others won’t but our student base is kids who came to spend four years in Miami to party and enjoy their undergrad, football is just an extra benefit but it isn’t the main. Reason esp for the lsrge Out of staters we habe. They also leave when they finish school. We are a main event type town that will only regulslry draw when it’s a big game. attendance will Improve w wins but it wont be what it is at other places. Even in 01, we struggled when it wasn’t a big game.

Advertisement
Back