2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
He got traded to the Seahawks…
And why did he get traded? Because he demanded to be paid as a WR and not a TE! Guess you totally forgot the whole situation and what went down. So yes, he got traded to the Seahawks but only because he wouldn't take TE money to stay with the Saints, not because the Saints didn't want to keep him.

Advertisement
And why did he get traded? Because he demanded to be paid as a WR and not a TE! Guess you totally forgot the whole situation and what went down. So yes, he got traded to the Seahawks but only because he wouldn't take TE money to stay with the Saints, not because the Saints didn't want to keep him.
Demanding to be paid as a WR was because the Saints didn't want to pay and they franchise tagged him. The difference in franchise tag money was 8 million being a WR to TE. Being a 3rd round pick I don't blame him trying to make as much money as possible. He didn't win that case with the NFL trying for the WR tag. He then signed an extention for a contract he earned playing as a top elite TE.

Demanding to be paid as a WR was because the Saints didn't want to pay and they franchise tagged him. The difference in franchise tag money was 8 million being a WR to TE. Being a 3rd round pick I don't blame him trying to make as much money as possible. He didn't win that case with the NFL trying for the WR tag. He then signed an extention for a contract he earned playing as a top elite TE.
Yes, he wanted WR money and not TE money. Lost the arbitration case and then signed a 4-year contract for $40 million, making him the highest paid TE in the NFL. He was traded in March 2015 to Seattle, mainly because the relationship between Graham and the Saints had deteriorated beyond repair.

Don't blame him for wanting to get paid, my point was he chose $$ over HOF. He could have had a 4-year contract at $9-10 million a year and stayed with the Saints, but by demanding WR money the Saints chose to sign him then trade him to Seattle 8-9 months later. Ultimately, he didn't get his WR money and ended up in Seattle where his stats dropped BIG time and cost him his chance at the HOF. His #s with the Saints were ridiculous, but average with Seattle and the teams that followed.

Yes, he wanted WR money and not TE money. Lost the arbitration case and then signed a 4-year contract for $40 million, making him the highest paid TE in the NFL. He was traded in March 2015 to Seattle, mainly because the relationship between Graham and the Saints had deteriorated beyond repair.

Don't blame him for wanting to get paid, my point was he chose $$ over HOF. He could have had a 4-year contract at $9-10 million a year and stayed with the Saints, but by demanding WR money the Saints chose to sign him then trade him to Seattle 8-9 months later. Ultimately, he didn't get his WR money and ended up in Seattle where his stats dropped BIG time and cost him his chance at the HOF. His #s with the Saints were ridiculous, but average with Seattle and the teams that followed.
Injuries slowed down his career not leaving the Saints. He left the Saints for Seahawks which has a future HOF QB in Wilson. So its not like he left to a below avg offense. The Saints are still searching for a TE to replace Graham. So it ended up being a terrible trade for the Saints

Advertisement
He got traded.
Did you bother to read any of the other posts? Why did he get traded? Because he demanded WR money and the Saints refused, it went to arbitration and the NFL ruled he was a TE. He signed a 4-year, $40 million contract then was traded 8-9 months later because the Saints had had enough of him. If he would have accepted the TE money from the get go, which is what he got anyway, the Saints would not have traded him.

But yes, he was traded, brilliant observation on your part

He signed a 4 year $40 mill contract the year before the Saints traded him….so yea they wanted to keep him….lol

Is it Skinner or bust for TE this year? I checked out 247 for what other TE we offered, here is the list:

1. Skinner - Uncommitted
2. Jake Johnson - LSU
3. Oscar Delp - Uncommitted but from GA both Fong and Mansell have their balls in favor of UGA and I know Dabo is after him as well.
4. Donovan Green - Texas AM
5. Keyan Burnett- Arizona
6. Kaden Helms - OSU
7. Micah Riley - Auburn
8. Mason Taylor - lSU
9. Jack Nickel - Mich. St.
10. Trent McGaughy - uncommitted, from jersey low 3* 612 rated overall
11. Marcus Peterson - Cincinnati
12. De-Carlo Donaldson- Tulane
13. Nate Kurisky - GT

Out of all those names I only see us really in contact with Skinner. Staff either (1) feels great about him; or (2) going skinner or bust because they dont have traction with any other TE worthy of a scholly.

Advertisement
Is it Skinner or bust for TE this year? I checked out 247 for what other TE we offered, here is the list:

1. Skinner - Uncommitted
2. Jake Johnson - LSU
3. Oscar Delp - Uncommitted but from GA both Fong and Mansell have their balls in favor of UGA and I know Dabo is after him as well.
4. Donovan Green - Texas AM
5. Keyan Burnett- Arizona
6. Kaden Helms - OSU
7. Micah Riley - Auburn
8. Mason Taylor - lSU
9. Jack Nickel - Mich. St.
10. Trent McGaughy - uncommitted, from jersey low 3* 612 rated overall
11. Marcus Peterson - Cincinnati
12. De-Carlo Donaldson- Tulane
13. Nate Kurisky - GT

Out of all those names I only see us really in contact with Skinner. Staff either (1) feels great about him; or (2) going skinner or bust because they dont have traction with any other TE worthy of a scholly.

Seems like it's been that way for a long time. With limited scholarships this year, I can't see them taking any Plan B.

I know Miami is a real player in Jaleel Skinner’s recruitment … The nation’s top tight end, Jaleel Skinner, will make a commitment on Oct. 9 and word coming out of the recruitment is that Maimi, Florida State and Alabama are the three out in front. The 247Sports Crystal Ball currently favors the Seminoles and the Greer, South Carolina native playing his senior season at Bradenton IMG Academy will be taking his official visit to FSU for the Notre Dame game on Sept. 5. But there are people who believe Miami should be considered a real threat to both the Seminoles and Crimson Tide after what is believed to be a positive official visit during Paradise Camp weekend. He was able to meet David Njoku and other UM alums, and also hang around Jake Garcia and other members of Miami’s team that has him thinking he could play his college football in Coral Gables. My Crystal Ball would not be on Miami at this point, but the Hurricanes could be the dark horse.
Dark horse could become lead horse sooner rather than later. Too many dots connecting for the good guys.

Brutal listening to that...They're starting to sound less confident on Jaleel with the season around the corner. Basically their CB's don't matter right now if FSU looks how we think they'll look. They'll have to perform well to get him and that's unlikely.

They were also talking about S&C. They said the only players that look good physically are the transfers. The kids they recruited out of HS haven't gained much.

It also sounds like they're loading up their visitor list for that ND game, which is hilarious. Their whole board is about to watch them get bent over in person lol. That staff is really rolling the dice there.

They also said something about their 3rd or 4th string maybe starting that ND game. They made it seem like Milton isn't injured, but their other comments on the subject were suspect.

Side note, those 3 seem like complete dbags.
You should get 100 upvotes for the sacrifice you’ve made for the board here listening to that.

Brutal listening to that...They're starting to sound less confident on Jaleel with the season around the corner. Basically their CB's don't matter right now if FSU looks how we think they'll look. They'll have to perform well to get him and that's unlikely.

They were also talking about S&C. They said the only players that look good physically are the transfers. The kids they recruited out of HS haven't gained much.

It also sounds like they're loading up their visitor list for that ND game, which is hilarious. Their whole board is about to watch them get bent over in person lol. That staff is really rolling the dice there.

They also said something about their 3rd or 4th string maybe starting that ND game. They made it seem like Milton isn't injured, but their other comments on the subject were suspect.

Side note, those 3 seem like complete dbags.

FSU has loads of transfers this year - more than a team should, imo, and outside of their RB from ATM, I don't think they're any good. When you have that, friction in the lockeroom is bound to happen. Frankly, I can't wait.

Advertisement
I know Miami is a real player in Jaleel Skinner’s recruitment … The nation’s top tight end, Jaleel Skinner, will make a commitment on Oct. 9 and word coming out of the recruitment is that Maimi, Florida State and Alabama are the three out in front. The 247Sports Crystal Ball currently favors the Seminoles and the Greer, South Carolina native playing his senior season at Bradenton IMG Academy will be taking his official visit to FSU for the Notre Dame game on Sept. 5. But there are people who believe Miami should be considered a real threat to both the Seminoles and Crimson Tide after what is believed to be a positive official visit during Paradise Camp weekend. He was able to meet David Njoku and other UM alums, and also hang around Jake Garcia and other members of Miami’s team that has him thinking he could play his college football in Coral Gables. My Crystal Ball would not be on Miami at this point, but the Hurricanes could be the dark horse.

It's just painfully hilarious to look at the factors that cause that dipsh!te to keep his "crystal ball" on F$U instead of Miami...

"The 247Sports Crystal Ball currently favors the SemenHoles..."? AND? Oh, lord, the opinions of a few other writers prevent me from processing new information...

"The Greer, SC native playing his senior season at Bradenton IMG Academy..." Oh, yeah, that's where Bah-Bah-Bah-Bah-Barbara Ann goes.

"Taking his official visit to F$U for the Notre Dame game on Sept. 5..." Do the F$U writers not understand how badly this will turn out?

Funny stuff.

Advertisement
FSU might want to split Skinner out wide, but Miami is busy trying to convince Skinner the the could be the next big-time tight end for the Hurricanes.

"I'm talking with them everyday. Me and Coach [Stephen] Field have been building a great relationship. At first, we started off a little rocky with some things, but ever since then, we kind of have smoothed things out and things have been great," Skinner said.

FSU might want to split Skinner out wide, but Miami is busy trying to convince Skinner the the could be the next big-time tight end for the Hurricanes.

"I'm talking with them everyday. Me and Coach [Stephen] Field have been building a great relationship. At first, we started off a little rocky with some things, but ever since then, we kind of have smoothed things out and things have been great," Skinner said.

Not sure how that will work out. 18 year-olds often have their minds made up. But if we use him the way we used Njoku, Graham or Olsen, he'll do very well here. We have the best record with getting the most out of our TEs out there. Even second stringers like Chase Ford and Richard Gordon were in the league for a while.

Advertisement
Back