2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
They aren't until they are... kind of like Bama sometimes they can just swoop in...
Definitely don't get that feeling. She's consistently said something similar for a long time. It almost has the feeling of they aren't recruiting him for a reason. If they miss on Delp it looks like they will take this 3 star kid who is a legacy...

Skinner is saying he will be able to see at least one game for all his top 5 teams by then. I don't think he means by visiting, fwiw

Advertisement
Advertisement
Shodell saying they think a commitment sooner than later is not a good sign. Miami still in it, but odds are better if he waits until October.
Shodell is still waiting for Summerall and Zipperer to sign lol. He had them at 90% Miami minutes before they committed to UF. Everyone except him knew they were going to Florida. He’s clueless.

Not a lot has come out of the recruitment of Jaleel Skinner recently.

That's mostly because the nation's top tight end, who will play his senior season at Bradenton IMG Academy, has kept things pretty close to the vest. What we do know about the Greer, South Carolina native is that he officially visited Florida, Miami, Texas and Alabama this summer, and has an upcoming official visit to Florida State on Sept. 5 when the Seminoles host Notre Dame.

247Sports analyst Andrew Ivins has reported in the past that the Florida State, Miami and Alabama could be the three teams out in front after the 6-foot-5, 210-pounder dropped a top five that include the three aforementioned programs, plus Texas and Clemson.

On Tuesday, Skinner teased on social media that a pledge to one of those programs could be coming soon.

"Commitment right around the corner," Skinner told his 5,200-plus Twitter followers.

During Skinner's Miami official visit, which took place the last weekend of July, he was seen hanging around the Hurricanes annual Paradise Camp talking with NFL tight end David Njoku and other UM alums. He was also seen spending a lot of time around freshman quarterback Jake Garcia, who has been an ace recruiter for the Hurricanes throughout visit season. There are people in Coral Gables that have described Garcia as an "all-star" with the recruits. He's been one of the more active current players on social media and of course during the in-person visits.

Garcia was hanging around Miami's highest-rated commit, cornerback Khamauri Rogers, during the cookout on June 1. That first trip was a big step in landing the Top100 talent out of Mississippi the very next month.

If Garcia had a similar impact on Skinner, that could be good news for the Hurricanes who are a dark horse of sorts in this race with Florida State holding a large majority of the 247Sports Crystal Ball's and Alabama being the recruiting factory that they have been over the last 15 years or so.

The All-American Bowl commit also tweeted late last month that he is a fan of Hurricanes tight end coach Stephen Field.

"Stephen Field is my guy [for real]," Skinner wrote.

In a shortened junior season due to the global pandemic, Skinner played wide receiver, tight end and cornerback for Greer team that went 3-2. He also has a track and basketball background.

On Friday, Skinner will kick off his season in South Florida when the Ascenders head down to Broward County to take on Plantation American Heritage, the reigning 5A state champions.

Ivins has compared the pass-catcher to Los Angeles Chargers tight end Jared Cook.

Advertisement
If he goes to fspoo it is purely a playing time move. If he sees arroyo ball out I wonder if that helps or hurts us. He’d be in the top 3 of our tight end rotation right off the bat. Arroyo Hodges Brantley and skinner. Solid room

The fact that he has UM in his avi says it all. He's trolling and obviously not coming here. This entire love affair with FSU is puzzling go me and frankly I have to question his judgement. That program is in disarray. Even Marvin Jones Jr. knows better than to hook his wagon to that dumpster fire. Does he really think that the noles are going to keep him at WR? Is he really that naive? The kid is an excellent TE prospect but that is a projection based on his height, frame and his natural ability as a receiver. I don't think Skinner has ever really played the TE position in HS although I could be wrong. Still Skinner is elite in terms of being a TE prospect and he would be a tremendous fit in our offense. He is the type of kid that after 2 good years in the S&C program with Feeley could be an absolute monster. A tall physically imposing matchup nightmare for any defender with WR skills.

Advertisement
Back