2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
"I am looking for a school where I can grow as a person, and as a man, and go in and make good connections for life after football," Skinner said. "Football doesn't last forever."

Skinner is the No. 1 tight end in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, and the No. 77 overall prospect.

He began June with an unofficial visit to Florida State, where he hit it off with the coaching staff.

"That is my dream school, for real, since I was a little kid," he said. "It is just an honor to have an offer and have the opportunities I have with them."

Also in early June, Skinner was at Florida for a mid-week official visit. The comparisons thrown around with Skinner and Florida are related to former Gator and first-round draft pick Kyle Pitts, but Skinner said "I want to build my own legacy." He also close with Gators tight ends coach Tim Brewster.

"Florida is a great school," he said. "They are good people down there. The relationship me and coach Brew have is pretty solid."

Skinner also checked out Alabama during an official visit, and the prestige of the program and the ability to develop players stood out.

"One thing I really like about 'Bama is the deep history of football that they have," he said. "They have a winning nature down there and they know how to win."

Texas also hosted Skinner for an official visit, and he heard rumbling about how people think the Longhorns are not a real option. He said Texas is heavily involved.

"Texas is a little bit different," he said. "It's throwing people off. People wouldn't think a player like me would be going to Texas. I like being unique and being different, so I like the coaching staff down there and I like what they have to offer."

Another school where he connected with the staff and the people in the program was Miami.

"I like family atmosphere down there," he said. "I got to talk to a lot of the alumni, like Michael Irvin and some other guys. They are genuine people, telling the truth, about how Miami really is."

Skinner does not have a time frame for when he will announce his college decision.

Advertisement
"I am looking for a school where I can grow as a person, and as a man, and go in and make good connections for life after football," Skinner said. "Football doesn't last forever."

Skinner is the No. 1 tight end in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, and the No. 77 overall prospect.

He began June with an unofficial visit to Florida State, where he hit it off with the coaching staff.

"That is my dream school, for real, since I was a little kid," he said. "It is just an honor to have an offer and have the opportunities I have with them."

Also in early June, Skinner was at Florida for a mid-week official visit. The comparisons thrown around with Skinner and Florida are related to former Gator and first-round draft pick Kyle Pitts, but Skinner said "I want to build my own legacy." He also close with Gators tight ends coach Tim Brewster.

"Florida is a great school," he said. "They are good people down there. The relationship me and coach Brew have is pretty solid."

Skinner also checked out Alabama during an official visit, and the prestige of the program and the ability to develop players stood out.

"One thing I really like about 'Bama is the deep history of football that they have," he said. "They have a winning nature down there and they know how to win."

Texas also hosted Skinner for an official visit, and he heard rumbling about how people think the Longhorns are not a real option. He said Texas is heavily involved.

"Texas is a little bit different," he said. "It's throwing people off. People wouldn't think a player like me would be going to Texas. I like being unique and being different, so I like the coaching staff down there and I like what they have to offer."

Another school where he connected with the staff and the people in the program was Miami.

"I like family atmosphere down there," he said. "I got to talk to a lot of the alumni, like Michael Irvin and some other guys. They are genuine people, telling the truth, about how Miami really is."

Skinner does not have a time frame for when he will announce his college decision.
FSU about to get dream schooled.

I don’t think Miami is one of the top schools, but his comments about life after football resonate with his comment about UM. We’ll see.

" Make good connections for life after football" screams out "Dont Go To Florida Shooting University"

Clemson likes him but is pursuing a local legacy kid now. Josh Sapp, 3 star kid from Greenville, SC. Sapp’s father, Patrick, played quarterback and linebacker for the Tigers in the 1990s. Patrick played four seasons in the NFL after being a second-round linebacker draft selection.

They've been implying there are other factors involved in the expansion of their TE board.

also - some talk that perhaps Texas is the dark horse in this recruitment. No talk of Miami at all on clemson board
I guarantee UM will be a major player for Skinner. If we push hard and put on the full court we can get him. Mark it down. He didn't just love the visit, his entire family loved the visit.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Imagine being a TE prospect as a kid and then admitting your dream school is FSU.

OMG hahahahahhahahahahaah

All yall who laughed at this obviously know that glare as well

1625352479177.gif

1625352671894.gif

Fields is a boss recruiter but this kid seems all over the place and open to anyone. Doubt he makes a decision anytime soon, hope I'm wrong.
Not surprising since these kids haven't been able to visit campuses in about 18 months. Just keep on him and play the long game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back