2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
Advertisement
Thanks! I didn't realize it was on that Blue Board. I don't read that too often.

Just a note on Clemson - Anna on their 247 board dismisses him every time. She makes out like they aren't recruiting him at all.
I mean i don't blame them. Has the kid had a catch at all this season?

B2764392-39B9-4F9D-8187-260940890023.jpeg
Pukeberg just changed his CB from Noles to Bama BUT it’s Bama because he doesnt want the heat of saying what Wiltfong said...

So FSU backed off, *supposedly*. TIFWIW. And Anna saying Clemson really not pursuing him either. Is Alabama pushing? Wilt’s Dong saying us or Texas, I’d have to think if Bama was going balls out for him he’d have to have them in consideration, no? Interesting if this is really all true and he’s not being heavily pursued by all these teams.

Advertisement
So FSU recruited him tough for over a year now just to back off 3 months before early signing day. Talk about a waste of resources

Advertisement
Something happened on his visit that made them back off

not sure this kid is great for a locker room
it's weird. I was just reading through their thread. No one seems to know exactly what happened but right after that OV Norvell and staff supposedly backed off him. One of their posters said he had heard "he did some crazy stuff".

Clemson hasn't been recruiting him at all. IDC what Wiltfong says. The Clemson writer knows that stuff and she has been pretty forthright about it for months. Her wording :" the staff is going in another direction"

Is there a reason teams are backing off? Genuine question, I always thought he was a talented prospect.

somebody in Tallahassee looked at the roster and saw they already had 8 TEs. Probably the same person who called the cover 2 on the game winning TD last week

One of their posters rom South Carolina has mutual friends with people close to Skinner. He just said that Skinner was a silent commit to FSU for awhile. After the OV, they stopped recruiting him. The move to IMG was to get him out of Greer. Sounds like getting him away from bad situation or maybe some bad people...

Advertisement
Bama people are saying that they have been pushing hard for him quietly behind the scenes. Going to use him as a wideout. Their writers are not confirming but the acknowledged "insiders" are all pretty confident.

Advertisement
We just lost to a 1-AA team. Let go ahead and stop recruiting the #1 TE in the country. That should help

Now they are banking on 5* WR Kevin Coleman who is in MO, to sign with them lol. Like that kid will want to go join that mess.

I meant more why the other schools seem to not be pushing as hard. Namely Bama and Clemson. FSU isn’t in a position to turn away a kid of his talent.
Bama folks are saying they’ve been working him quietly. Not sure about Clemson, but they have pick of the litter for the most part right now. Fsu no way, Newberg probably just wanted to soften the blow considering what Wiltfong said yesterday (Miami/Texas). I believe some of what mods like Bama/Clemson say and about none of what comes out of Newberg.

Advertisement
Back