2021 WR Recruits

LyndenCane22

Freshman
With the current WR woes and from at least those who've taken the field, are the 2021 receivers we currently have committed the ones to turn the page? Not very knowledgeable in the recruiting area but hoping at least a couple of these guys can give us some speed,size,"it" factor.

Thanks

Advertisement
I think brashard Smith our soon to be slot wr will probably have the most impact right away those bubble screens will work wonders with his ability. Jacolby george to me has the highest upside of the 3 he has speed hands and agility of a big time player. Then you have romello brinson a really good wr tall and gets open well lengthy frame needs to add weight also related to and works out with chad ochocinco. Also in the mix is malik curtis who is being recruited at cb(idk why) and wr absolute speed demon with pretty good wiggle but super skinny could become our punt returner

Advertisement
I like all 3 of these 2021 receiver recruits. George & Brinson will need some work in the weight room but they're proven, productive south florida high school athletes who face tough competition. Brashard will probably make the most impact the quickest out of the slot. I think we'll need a high impact grad transfer receiver next year.

Advertisement
I like all 3 of these 2021 receiver recruits. George & Brinson will need some work in the weight room but they're proven, productive south florida high school athletes who face tough competition. Brashard will probably make the most impact the quickest out of the slot. I think we'll need a high impact grad transfer receiver next year.
Marquez Stevenson from Houston would have been the best receiver on this roster. If only king brought him along with him

Underwhelming list so far. The Clemson game did us the favor of exposing every weakness we have. One of those was pointing out one of our bigger problems is size and strength at the WR spot. We have speed at the position right now. That's never a problem for us. Brinson needs 20 pounds and he'll at least look the part. Both other guys are undersized in the same mold of guys like Pope and Harley. They don't grow on trees but we need more guys like Michael Redding. The kid came right out of IMG looking like a man and is the most imposing receiver on the roster in the time we've seen him. Go back and look at his 3rd down conversion against FSU on a simple comeback route. None of our current starters are capable of that. Too many undersized, slot guys.

btw - I'm not a recruiting whizz but just looking at the targets, there's another undecided IMG kid in the 2022 class we've offered that we should bend over backwards to get. It'd be nice to keep that pipeline going even though so many of those kids are transfers in the first place. IMG is a freak factory in that, if anything, its basically a college prep. size and strength building bootcamp...something our starting wideouts could use bigtime.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mello starts day one and Keyshawn Smith will replace Wiggins before the season is over. Brashard Smith should be part of the offense as well but don’t have him run the routes Harley runs. These dudes will be replaced man one way of the other. Likens is a good coach and I think his patience has run out with these wideouts.

Smith and Curtis are different, because they are burners. They can vertically stretch the field from the slot, which is the way of how modern slot receivers play the position.

I dont get why both of them have such low ratings. Especially Curtis, happened to see some minutes from one of his high school games and the dude is just crazy fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Underwhelming list so far. The Clemson game did us the favor of exposing every weakness we have. One of those was pointing out one of our bigger problems is size and strength at the WR spot. We have speed at the position right now. That's never a problem for us. Brinson needs 20 pounds and he'll at least look the part. Both other guys are undersized in the same mold of guys like Pope and Harley. They don't grow on trees but we need more guys like Michael Redding. The kid came right out of IMG looking like a man and is the most imposing receiver on the roster in the time we've seen him. Go back and look at his 3rd down conversion against FSU on a simple comeback route. None of our current starters are capable of that. Too many undersized, slot guys.

btw - I'm not a recruiting whizz but just looking at the targets, there's another undecided IMG kid in the 2022 class we've offered that we should bend over backwards to get. It'd be nice to keep that pipeline going even though so many of those kids are transfers in the first place. IMG is a freak factory in that, if anything, its basically a college prep. size and strength building bootcamp...something our starting wideouts could use bigtime.
Brashard Smith is on the shorter side, 5'10" but I think he's roughly 190-195 already so he won't be getting bullied by db's.

Brashard Smith is on the shorter side, 5'10" but I think he's roughly 190-195 already so he won't be getting bullied by db's.
There was a play on his junior tape, Smith ran a go from the slot and caught the pass between both safeties. He trucked the one to his right, barely lost any speed and ran away from the safety on the left.

We need someone like him. Glad we got him.

Mello starts day one and Keyshawn Smith will replace Wiggins before the season is over. Brashard Smith should be part of the offense as well but don’t have him run the routes Harley runs. These dudes will be replaced man one way of the other. Likens is a good coach and I think his patience has run out with these wideouts.

you're that bullish on mello?

Advertisement
Back