Malik Curtis 2021 Recruit (Thread Title Edited)

It’s not a strong year either. Going by 247 there is only 1 4 star cb in sfla this year and that’s marshall. Their rankings for the state of Florida only has about 4 corners from sfla ranked in the top 100 in the state.

Not worried about their little ratings...It is a very deep year. Now if you wanna say there isn't much "Size" at corner outside of the Palmetto kids I'll agree with that.

But kids like Mcburrows, Knowles, D.Edwards, etc...And of course Burns. Are studs

Advertisement
It's easy to say just get him here and figure it out later but by the time this staff figures out he should be on offense he will have 6 games of eligibility left.
Well... I wouldn't say "easy" lol. Look at how many prospects we missed out on simply because we tried to figure out a position while recruiting. Like tutu atwell for example.

Rumph..... struggles immensely landing quality local Corners,

LOL...Oh the irony. You have one job, and it's basically like clubbing seals.

Like just say that again...Our CB coach...At the university of Miami...struggles landing tri-county corners????

Someone remind me again why he has a job...And don't overrate him as some master technician, because he's not that either. He is a decent coach, nothing more or less. That being said, it's a deep CB class in Sofla and we seem to be in good on kids from some other parts of the state, so I think he has a chance to do ok this year.

Not worried about their little ratings...It is a very deep year. Now if you wanna say there isn't much "Size" at corner outside of the Palmetto kids I'll agree with that.

But kids like Mcburrows, Knowles, D.Edwards, etc...And of course Burns. Are studs
We already got burns. How many 5’9 150lbs corners do y’all want?

Advertisement
This isn’t the NFL we aren’t a minor league team...

Just give me dudes who can cover and be dawgs...

Keep that pass rush up and you won’t have to worry to much of getting beat over the top on 50-50 balls

ya you’re exaggerating some of those other players size. And i already adjusted that outside the Palmetto two, one which may be a safety size is lacking at the position. It’s cleary in my post

This isn’t the NFL we aren’t a minor league team...

Just give me dudes who can cover and be dawgs...

Keep that pass rush up and you won’t have to worry to much of getting beat over the top on 50-50 balls
You not gone always get to the qb. And you don’t see no top team in cfb either with a team full of 5’9 150lbs corners

You not gone always get to the qb. And you don’t see no top team in cfb either with a team full of 5’9 150lbs corners

Exactly because no matter what your gonna have some 5’11 or 6 footers sprinkled in

All I’m saying is size be damned if the kid can play get him... short with speed and has that dawg mentality like Asante samuels or Trajan

or maybe a tick slow but can cover with superior length and press skill

or a malek young who is just a smart kid with average size/speed

either way I’ll take either of them as long as they prove they can cover and not get embarrassed off the line making easy pitch and catch completions

Advertisement
Why do you guys argue with @skeeter ? Dude doesn’t care if it’s 5’3 125 if he’s a “souf flawda dawg” we need to have him. He would rather fill this team with Nigel Bethels than doing your homework and find Mike Jackson. Dudes the epitome of a sunshine pumper just like ethnic that can’t accept the fact at after the top 50 or so prospects in the state most are projects and don’t have P5/NFL bodies. This isn’t 1992, you’re not winning with scrap heaps like McBurrows or Edwards who’s not even considered a CB but a bottom barrel safety. The only reason why I’ll consider Knowles is because Geta is my boy. Let him yell at himself in the mirror.

Why do you guys argue with @skeeter ? Dude doesn’t care if it’s 5’3 125 if he’s a “souf flawda dawg” we need to have him. He would rather fill this team with Nigel Bethels than doing your homework and find Mike Jackson. Dudes the epitome of a sunshine pumper just like ethnic that can’t accept the fact at after the top 50 or so prospects in the state most are projects and don’t have P5/NFL bodies. This isn’t 1992, you’re not winning with scrap heaps like McBurrows or Edwards who’s not even considered a CB but a bottom barrel safety. The only reason why I’ll consider Knowles is because Geta is my boy. Let him yell at himself in the mirror.

Lol...Nah moron. I'm cool with players from anywhere. I don't live in Sofla, but obviously Miami needs to recruit the living **** out of it's back yard. Pretty simple.

For instance I love Malik Curtis, and I don't count him as Sofla (Sofla is tri-county)

Lol...Nah moron. I'm cool with players from anywhere. I don't live in Sofla, but obviously Miami needs to recruit the living **** out of it's back yard. Pretty simple.

For instance I love Malik Curtis, and I don't count him as Sofla (Sofla is tri-county)
So you agree that you want to fill this team with Nigel Bethel’s because the top dudes aren’t coming?

Advertisement
It’s not a strong year either. Going by 247 there is only 1 4 star cb in sfla this year and that’s marshall. Their rankings for the state of Florida only has about 4 corners from sfla ranked in the top 100 in the state.
That has a lot to do with the virus. These kids can't play 7 on 7 and the ranking team is behind on seeing guys.

No I didn't agree that...Where did you get that at?
Because that’s what recruit the living **** out of SFL means. Unless you think that Manny or any other coach is going to do something Butch couldn’t even do and bring all these 5* guys back...hence why half the last championship team wasn’t even from FL let alone SFL.

Because that’s what recruit the living **** out of SFL means. Unless you think that Manny or any other coach is going to do something Butch couldn’t even do and bring all these 5* guys back...hence why half the last championship team wasn’t even from FL let alone SFL.

ya i preach that all the time about not getting them all. On this board and others. No idea why you chose me in this thread

need to get more, and doesn’t have to be “5*”...esp in a loaded class like this with so many “4*” i lost count

i’m not clinging to those 5* dreams...stopped long ago

and ya Nigel Bethel was never at the top of my list but i was cool taking that jan flyer at the local feeder w big speed when others turned us down

i like Curtis tape much better than Bethel. Have I made mysef clear enough? God ****

Advertisement
Do you guys think we have the coaching necessary to develop him into a starting CB? He definitely has the athleticism to do it. His speed is no joke either.. he's what real 4.4 speed looks like

Advertisement
Back