2021 TE Elijah Arroyo Receives Miami Offer, Talks Canes (Commits!)

View as article
Looks like some crazy good potential as a flex TE, kid looks smooth as **** running routes...and just running in general lol

Advertisement
Prototype size at 6'4 210+ with big frame that will easily get up to the 230 range once in a college S&C.

Plays in a Spread offense for a good 5A school down in Frisco, productive pass catching TE that basically plays as a WR, had 47rec 648yds & 5TD's.

Has terrific hands, kid catches everything that's thrown his way & is an advanced level route runner for a HS WR/TE. He understands how to beat coverages with his feet, his fluid motion getting in out of his breaks allows him to get separation at the top of his routes using good stem technique. Every route looks the same, which is great, DB's have no idea if he's running a post, curl, comeback, corner, dig or a go which gives him the advantage down the field.

Very high upside prospect & would be a perfect fit in our offense, reminds me of Noah Fant.

Would love for us to get this commit, get him down for a visit ASAP.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Need at least 2 tight ends this cycle. We could possibly be looking at a TE group in 2021 of Hodges Redshirt Soph, Mammarelli Redshirt Fr, and 2 true freshmen if Mallory and Jordan bolt. Getting one of those two back would be big especially for experience.

Advertisement
Need at least 2 tight ends this cycle. We could possibly be looking at a TE group in 2021 of Hodges Redshirt Soph, Mammarelli Redshirt Fr, and 2 true freshmen if Mallory and Jordan bolt. Getting one of those two back would be big especially for experience.
Given our track record we should consider Jordan and Mallory gone. Mallory needs to stay. Jordan if healthy is gone and will be a 1-2 round pick so I don’t blame him

Given our track record we should consider Jordan and Mallory gone. Mallory needs to stay. Jordan if healthy is gone and will be a 1-2 round pick so I don’t blame him
My thoughts exactly. Would be nice to have 5 TE's on the roster at all times. Just hate that we only have 4 and one can't stay healthy and the other needs a redshirt. Hopefully that group stays healthy this year.

Advertisement
If he stays healthy he is gone

Not sure I agree here. Mallory will be "the guy" in 2021. IMHO, it all depends on how the #2 QB develops behind King and the relationship Mallory and that guy form. If Mallory can be confident we don't take a big step back in production, his best play is to stay. He's done nothing yet to deserve being drafted.

Not sure I agree here. Mallory will be "the guy" in 2021. IMHO, it all depends on how the #2 QB develops behind King and the relationship Mallory and that guy form. If Mallory can be confident we don't take a big step back in production, his best play is to stay. He's done nothing yet to deserve being drafted.
I'm talking about Jordan. Mallory needs to stay all 4 years.

Advertisement
Back