2021 Signing Day Profile: QB Jake Garcia

View as article
Do yall think because of the way Jake Garcia recruitment to Miami happened (winning the signature of signing day, not giving up on him and recruiting him till the end) that Manny is kinda recruiting this way in the 2022 class....it looks like the staff is playing the long game with this class which I do think is very risky (Shamar, Wesley, Marvin Jones Jr, Earl Little Jr, Fegans, Anthony Lucas etc.....)

Advertisement
Do yall think because of the way Jake Garcia recruitment to Miami happened (winning the signature of signing day, not giving up on him and recruiting him till the end) that Manny is kinda recruiting this way in the 2022 class....it looks like the staff is playing the long game with this class which I do think is very risky (Shamar, Wesley, Marvin Jones Jr, Earl Little Jr, Fegans, Anthony Lucas etc.....)
I think the bigger issue is Canes fans aren't used to recruiting like this - those big time, blue chip guys tend to be a long game, with lots of twists and turns. It really is a marathon with some of them... Maybe we would have recruited some of these guys that are going elsewhere harder in other cycles but with a small class, the staff seems to be really focused on a select group they want. We'll have to see how it plays out.

I think the bigger issue is Canes fans aren't used to recruiting like this - those big time, blue chip guys tend to be a long game, with lots of twists and turns. It really is a marathon with some of them... Maybe we would have recruited some of these guys that are going elsewhere harder in other cycles but with a small class, the staff seems to be really focused on a select group they want. We'll have to see how it plays out.
As long as they have legit fall back plans unlike years past let’s go whale hunting

It may be the case but it’s a dangerous game to play. With so little, on board it’d be nice to turn it on soon

Idk about that. Look at Bama's last few classes; they had their top players locked in by September. Same with LSU, OU, OSU, Clemson, etc.

We're just trying to tell ourselves anything right now, which I understand, but it's a little concerning that we have no momentum whatsoever.

Advertisement
Idk about that. Look at Bama's last few classes; they had their top players locked in by September. Same with LSU, OU, OSU, Clemson, etc.

We're just trying to tell ourselves anything right now, which I understand, but it's a little concerning that we have no momentum whatsoever.

Now do the rest of the P5

Now do the rest of the P5
Look at the top 300 kids for this class, more than half of them are already committed.

Most of your class is locked up by the end of Summer while you fight other schools for a couple of your top targets during the season until early NSD. That's how it's always been.

Last edited:
Advertisement

time will crawl GIF

Advertisement
Back