May 22 at Louisville noon ACCN W 3-2
May 27 vs Duke (ACCT) 11am RSN L 3-2
May 28 vs Florida State (ACCT) 3pm RSN L 6-3
Jun 4 vs South Alabama (NCAAR) 6pm ACCN W 1-0
Jun 5 vs USF (NCAAR) 6:30pm ESPNU L 10-2
Jun 6 vs South Alabama (NCAAR) noon ESPN3 L 7-2

Last edited:
Advertisement
Normal schedule format sans 6 midweek games is expected in the ACC per Kendall Rogers

A 12 weekend of conference play (4 games per series) is still possible in which case the first post is moot

Normal schedule format sans 6 midweek games is expected in the ACC per Kendall Rogers

A 12 weekend of conference play (4 games per series) is still possible in which case the first post is moot

It's going to be interesting. MLB pulled it off for the most part, but they were effectively quarantined for nearly three months. It's a lot harder to get 18 - 20 year old's to do so. And it doesn't look like the vaccine will arrive in time or be proven to prevent transmission.

I suspect baseball will proceed and then call audibles along the way, cancel a few series, etc. like football did.

February 19th start date with 50 games: 12 weekends of conference play and 14 non conference games.

I’m a little skeptical we play 12 conference weekends and still use one of our non conference weekends to go to Gainesville, but maybe that matters less with crowds unlikely.

Last edited:
February 19th start date with 50 games: 12 weekends of conference play and 14 non conference games.

I’m a little skeptical we play 12 conference weekends and still use one of our non conference weekends to go to Gainesville, but maybe that matters less with crowds unlikely.

Crowds or no crowds we have to get over the UF hump. Thanks to skipper ginos horrendous bullpen management we have lost the last two series. Last year was an absolute embarrassment to the program as a whole

Advertisement

SEC is strongly considering a conference-only schedule, so who knows if that will even be an option

Likely schedule based on the 2017 schedule (appears to be a four year rotation)

Home
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech
Duke
Wake Forest

Away
North Carolina
Virginia
NC State
Pittsburgh
Boston College

Nonconference series at home against Southern California (big doubts about this one) and away at Florida would be expected as well.
At BC works for me!

Gino just announced that we open on the road in Gainesville. That’s an interesting choice....

If we do the usual road midweek games against FIU, FAU, and FGCU (seems likely with the need for more local opponents) it would end up being a 26 home/24 away split.

The ACC opponent we miss is Notre Dame with Louisville and Clemson added to the schedule.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gino just announced that we open on the road in Gainesville. That’s an interesting choice....

If we do the usual road midweek games against FIU, FAU, and FGCU (seems likely with the need for more local opponents) it would end up being a 26 home/24 away split.

So it's:

UF
Other OOC (UCF maybe?)
12 ACC series

Then 8 midweek likely 3 vs FAU & FGCU, vs FIU?

Is there going to be a ACCT?

As a college baseball fan, the lack of midweek games nationally this year sucks. I really enjoy being able to watch games 5 days a week

So it's:

UF
Other OOC (UCF maybe?)
12 ACC series

Then 8 midweek likely 3 vs FAU & FGCU, vs FIU?

Is there going to be a ACCT?

As a college baseball fan, the lack of midweek games nationally this year sucks. I really enjoy being able to watch games 5 days a week
I wouldn’t be completely surprised if one of the three common midweek opponents ends up moved to the weekend with a return midweek trip as a fourth game. It’s going to be so hard to get teams to travel down here this spring. UCF would have been an ideal weekend replacement for Florida, but might be too ambitious in addition to with 12 weekends of conference play.

Have you seen for sure anywhere that it’s two weekends OOC and then 12 consecutive weeks of ACC play? I didn’t think about when I first heard it, but Gino seemed to imply that it was opening weekend or no UF. Could it be that ACC play starts week 2 and the second OOC weekend is during finals week like a typical year?

It's going to be interesting. MLB pulled it off for the most part, but they were effectively quarantined for nearly three months. It's a lot harder to get 18 - 20 year old's to do so. And it doesn't look like the vaccine will arrive in time or be proven to prevent transmission.

I suspect baseball will proceed and then call audibles along the way, cancel a few series, etc. like football did.
The bad part is that you can still be contagious which could make it worse for those that don't get the vaccine.

I wouldn’t be completely surprised if one of the three common midweek opponents ends up moved to the weekend with a return midweek trip as a fourth game. It’s going to be so hard to get teams to travel down here this spring. UCF would have been an ideal weekend replacement for Florida, but might be too ambitious in addition to with 12 weekends of conference play.

Have you seen for sure anywhere that it’s two weekends OOC and then 12 consecutive weeks of ACC play? I didn’t think about when I first heard it, but Gino seemed to imply that it was opening weekend or no UF. Could it be that ACC play starts week 2 and the second OOC weekend is during finals week like a typical year?
Not playing midweek games makes no sense. You're not staying overnight anywhere. You're very unlikely to get Covid-19 from the opposing team even if every player and coach had it. You rarely come in contact with the opposing team and for only a few seconds when you do. Your more likey to get Covid sitting in the dugout next to your teammate which is why it would make sense to require masks in the dugout and bullpen.

Advertisement
The home series against FSU is Mar 19-21 and Clemson is Apr 16-18. Based on Clemson being a home series, I would guess the other COVID added series will mean a trip to Louisville.

Away at Boston College at the end of April.

The full schedule should be close with several schools releasing theirs today.

Last edited:
Also noteworthy: Both FSU and BC have conference series the second weekend of the season. It’s likely that we’ll go into conference play immediately after Florida, although they did have Clemson play OOC that weekend to accommodate their series against South Carolina.

Advertisement
No decision on crowds. They’ll have more ”in the coming weeks”

Because of the loss of last year’s series and addition of a road series this year, we’ll have made four ACC trips to Louisville before their second trip here in 2024.

Looks like no Stetson out of conference this season. All four in-state ASUN teams are playing conference series during our open weekend.

FIU, FAU, UCF, and FGCU usually make up 10 midweek games with 11 OOC spots open. Maybe we just leave that weekend open for a possible conference COVID makeup and play a fairly normal number of midweek games?

The full schedule is out:
-App State is the other weekend opponent
-No midweek games until the 4th week of the season
-UCF is dropped from the schedule, as is the third game against FIU

Advertisement
Back